• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something that made you upset recently

alien girl

My job switched from afternoon to morning shifts for the last week, and I was nervous from the change to my routine, and miserable from having to wake up at six thirty in the morning and deal with horrible traffic jams. back to normal now, thank God.

My job switched from afternoon to morning shifts for the last week, and I was nervous from the change to my routine, and miserable from having to wake up at six thirty in the morning and deal with horrible traffic jams. back to normal now, thank God.
Bl***y h*ll. I hate mornings myself. So much stress for you first thing. That's good you're back to normal. Can't think what's upset me lately..

I hate early mornings alien girl, but I try to treat changes to routine as a little adventure, though I may get anxious if they go on too long. Glad all's ok for you now though :)
I was having a bad day recently and my sister phoned a charity called 'Therapy for You' on my behalf, as I can't talk on phones (selective mutism), as they offer free councelling.
They refused to help unless I talked to them on the phone myself! :confused:
The craziness of that caused a meltdown :(
Definitely not Therapy for Me :D

I hate early mornings alien girl, but I try to treat changes to routine as a little adventure, though I may get anxious if they go on too long. Glad all's ok for you now though :)
I was having a bad day recently and my sister phoned a charity called 'Therapy for You' on my behalf, as I can't talk on phones (selective mutism), as they offer free councelling.
They refused to help unless I talked to them on the phone myself! :confused:
The craziness of that caused a meltdown :(
Definitely not Therapy for Me :D

I hate talking on the phone. it's even worse than face to face. email's the best invention ever.

Just a a to and fro with my manager as someone claimed I damaged their car during a recovery (which I didn't). Was heading for a meltdown when I got the picture of the car.

Aspie mode engaged...

On looking at the reflections in the car bodywork I proved it couldn't have been taken at the drop off point, even though the guy insists it was. Using Google maps satellite view I was able to show it couldn't have been taken there.

Happy boss, happyish me.

(I still want to go and beat his face in for trying to scam me)

The least controversial/flammable way I can describe what has really got under my skin and riled me up is "paperwork". I hate this paperwork that will require me to drive to go see an organization I despise with a passion for how rudely and inappropriately they've treated me in the past, I hate the idiot that made it mandatory for me to have to deal with that despicable organization to get a stupid piece of paper that I then have to take to another despicable organization to fill out more paperwork so they can give me another piece of paper to then use on another mandatory set of paperwork that I can't file without the previous paper! And the final set of paperwork is the only one that can be handled electronically,the other will potentially take months to take care of for two shoddy pieces of paper because there is only phone support, no email support, and all the paperwork has to be mailed, processed for a few weeks, and then mailed back! GRARGH! The cherry on top? Failing to file that last set of paperwork is a federal offense and can land you prison time and I will technically have to oversee four of the preliminary papers since I have to have one for me and my husband each. Yay!

Yesterday, I had an appointment at a clinic for a physical. I don't have health insurance at the moment, so it needed to be made at a clinic. The physical (plus a form filled out by a licensed doctor) is required for my return to university. The appointment was scheduled at 12:30 PM. I arrived a few minutes early and ended up waiting close to 3 hours (approximately 2h45m) to be seen by a doctor.

Why schedule me for 12:30, then have me wait until after 3 to be seen? So incredibly annoying and such a blatant disrespect of my time. Also, they had me pay for the appointment PRIOR to being seen, so I couldn't leave as there are no refunds. I became quite visibly annoyed, had to go walk up and down a bit, but I couldn't allow myself to walk very far for if they had called my name and I had not heard it, I would have been super screwed.

So yes, a close to 3 hour nonsensical wait time in a neighborhood clinic waiting room really annoyed me yesterday, especially since the time with the doctor that I waited so long for lasted 5 minutes, maximum. He checked my heartbeat and my breathing, checked a few boxes on a form, and signed his name on that form.

This morning I get an email from my staff for tomorrow's tournament: do you still need me on Saturday?

Don't tell me you're bailing at the last minute. Before work I can only reply with: uh, yeah.

Sit at work all day in a panic because I might have like five hours to find a new judge and I can't access my personal email at work.

Get home, find the response: what time should I be there?

Whew, but not fun.

I'm psyching myself up to try Skype, I'm curious to see if the visual aspect helps?

It helps me. I don't love it, but it's easier than phone calls because I can lipread a bit and I can tell whether someone is being quiet or has hung up (my brother hangs up without warning on every call, but also just goes silent for long periods).

A few weeks ago, my ex-wife emailed me, saying really nasty, hurtful things, and Gmail wouldn't let me send the reply for a long time. I was at work, and so I kind of exclaimed "f*** that, I hate this computer," or something along those lines, so one of my coworkers asked me what was wrong, and I said "Oh, this person is emailing nasty things to me, and I can't reply, and I'm just not okay right now, I need to go have a cigarette," and so everyone proceeded to ignore me for the remainder of the day. Yesterday, my boss took me aside and said that everyone I work with is afraid of me and dislikes me because of that incident.

A few weeks ago, my ex-wife emailed me, saying really nasty, hurtful things, and Gmail wouldn't let me send the reply for a long time. I was at work, and so I kind of exclaimed "f*** that, I hate this computer," or something along those lines, so one of my coworkers asked me what was wrong, and I said "Oh, this person is emailing nasty things to me, and I can't reply, and I'm just not okay right now, I need to go have a cigarette," and so everyone proceeded to ignore me for the remainder of the day. Yesterday, my boss took me aside and said that everyone I work with is afraid of me and dislikes me because of that incident.

I'm sorry that happened. I've learned that when people who are not friends (like co-workers) ask what is wrong, they don't really want to know what is wrong. It's basically a way for them to tell you that you have made them uncomfortable, and that they want you to change your behavior immediately.

I have had outbursts like that, where I needed to get something out (frustration/anger/etc) but couldnt so it came out another way and ended up having people feel afraid of or uncomfortable around me, and that hurts too, very much.

With time, your co-workers will either forget the incident or something else will happen with someone else that will draw their attention away from whatever negative thoughts they have on you.

They'll forget it, i'm sure. it's not such a big deal. people blow up at work on occasions. it's not like you were cussing your coworkers, just the computer.

a year or two ago, at one of my jobs, a coworker got mad because the person he called won't answer the survey, and he slammed his phone so hard that i jumped halfway out of my chair. i swear i thought it was a bomb going off somewhere.

people do worse things than cursing a computer. your boss was exaggerating just to discourage you from doing it in the future. your coworkers probably understand you were just upset. and i dont believe they hate you or are afraid of you.

I'm sorry that happened. I've learned that when people who are not friends (like co-workers) ask what is wrong, they don't really want to know what is wrong. It's basically a way for them to tell you that you have made them uncomfortable, and that they want you to change your behavior immediately.

I have had outbursts like that, where I needed to get something out (frustration/anger/etc) but couldnt so it came out another way and ended up having people feel afraid of or uncomfortable around me, and that hurts too, very much.

With time, your co-workers will either forget the incident or something else will happen with someone else that will draw their attention away from whatever negative thoughts they have on you.

They'll forget it, i'm sure. it's not such a big deal. people blow up at work on occasions. it's not like you were cussing your coworkers, just the computer.

a year or two ago, at one of my jobs, a coworker got mad because the person he called won't answer the survey, and he slammed his phone so hard that i jumped halfway out of my chair. i swear i thought it was a bomb going off somewhere.

people do worse things than cursing a computer. your boss was exaggerating just to discourage you from doing it in the future. your coworkers probably understand you were just upset. and i dont believe they hate you or are afraid of you.

Eugh, I guess I needed to hear that, even though I already sort of knew it was the case. Thank you both for your ability to put things in perspective.

last year I was told I didn't have to attend family gatherings during the holidays if I don't want to. this year my mom is mad at me for not wanting to attend the family gatherings. like why? last year I was given permission to opt out, by you!

Yesterday, I had an appointment at a clinic for a physical. I don't have health insurance at the moment, so it needed to be made at a clinic. The physical (plus a form filled out by a licensed doctor) is required for my return to university. The appointment was scheduled at 12:30 PM. I arrived a few minutes early and ended up waiting close to 3 hours (approximately 2h45m) to be seen by a doctor.

Why schedule me for 12:30, then have me wait until after 3 to be seen? So incredibly annoying and such a blatant disrespect of my time. Also, they had me pay for the appointment PRIOR to being seen, so I couldn't leave as there are no refunds. I became quite visibly annoyed, had to go walk up and down a bit, but I couldn't allow myself to walk very far for if they had called my name and I had not heard it, I would have been super screwed.

So yes, a close to 3 hour nonsensical wait time in a neighborhood clinic waiting room really annoyed me yesterday, especially since the time with the doctor that I waited so long for lasted 5 minutes, maximum. He checked my heartbeat and my breathing, checked a few boxes on a form, and signed his name on that form.

Oh my goodness me, this makes me soooooo mad! How dare they do this eh? I so hate it, that I will do anything to not have to put myself in that position, but alas, to no avail, for that is life! I also ask the same question: why schedule for that time, when you couldn't care a less? It is such mental cruelty by another human, that I can barely cope with the injustice and like you, would have to do something to take control ie grip my hands or go into myself!

New Threads

Top Bottom