• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post an Image of your Desktop!

It is Windows 7, though I'm not sure what you mean about "made to look older." I've not had this machine very long, so I'm not sure what Windows 7 normally looks like; it's a used machine. My previous one was an XP machine that finally died, so I'm still learning my way around. The wallpaper is a painting that I captured off a website.
This is how it looks default
win7default.jpg

Apparently I, like Rocco, cannot upload files anymore. :(:(:(

My desktop is: a close-up of a lichen covered rock where me and my friend stopped to rest on our hike on Sunday.

Judge, Why do you find it interesting, the orientation or the subject, or both?

Anyway, yes, the uploaded image here is portrait orientation. I am using an edited version.

I think it looks like this because I used my cell-phone to take the picture, and held it vertically to get the view I desired. It goes automatically to portrait when held vertically. Then I sent it to my ipad, edited - cropped it a little to force it to look better while in landscape orientation, and am using it as my background on the ipad.

Judge, Why do you find it interesting, the orientation or the subject, or both?

Anyway, yes, the uploaded image here is portrait orientation. I am using an edited version.

I think it looks like this because I used my cell-phone to take the picture, and held it vertically to get the view I desired. It goes automatically to portrait when held vertically. Then I sent it to my ipad, edited - cropped it a little to force it to look better while in landscape orientation, and am using it as my background on the ipad.

LOL....Thanks. I didn't even think about that. Lovely picture in any case.

I'm one of the last persons on the planet who doesn't even own a hand-held device. :oops:

I know it can be tough at times to take a portrait-oriented picture and convert it to wallpaper for a widescreen monitor. A whole lot of creative cropping required! Something I recently ran into while converting my parents' slide collection to .jpgs.

Last edited:
Judge, I know about 1/50 of the functioning of my cell phone. The first couple of days I had it, I almost threw it over the back fence. If it weren't for the long (1500 mi. & more) drives that I take, I would not have it but daughter insisted I have it for travels. Makes sense I s'pose.

Murin-an, a gorgeous strolling garden in Kyoto. 19th century, I think.
Not my pic, sadly... Don't know where my pics of Murin-an have been stored...

20150116-L1032035.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom