• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Phew, back, missed the website since yesterday 522 error

Mia

V.I.P Member
Did anyone else have difficulty connecting with autism forums yesterday and today? I ran a traceroute among other things. It seems from what I've been able to discover that it was cloudflare not completing requests and timing out.

error522.png

Mar 11, 2019
Access to Enterprise Log Share (REST API)
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Mar 11, 16:40 UTC
Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Mar 11, 16:01 UTC
Investigating - Cloudflare is observing issues that may impact some users when accessing the Enterprise Log Share (ELS) Service via the REST API and Firewall Events via the API and UI.

We are currently working on a resolution.
Mar 11, 14:09 UTC

DNS Update Delays
Mar 11, 01:01 UTC
Monitoring - Cloudflare has implemented a fix for this issue and is currently monitoring the results.

We will update the status once the issue is resolved.
Mar 11, 00:42 UTC
Identified - Cloudflare has identified the issue and is implementing a fix.

Arrggg, by the looks of things, it's been rectified. One of the things that I find really quite frustrating, is that cloudflare and it's 522 error does not indicate that it's their problem until it's fixed. They make you jump though hoops looking for problems, with your own system, and then the websites system.

Anyone else have difficulty connecting to the site?

You could say that.

I got the same error for every domain on their server. But as a server-side error I knew that all I can do on the client side of things was to simply wait it out. No "hoops" for us to jump through.

Please explain for the rest of us Judge:confused:

Explain? That's up to the admin or site owner.

I can only point out from my own experience that I've never encountered a 522 error that I could overcome from the client side perspective. Like a "backbone" issue- one of those things that is simply beyond our reach as mere users.

One thing for sure, over the long haul this domain has very little downtime. So if an when it happens, I find it much easier to be patient about that which is beyond my control to rectify.

Last edited:
I couldn't get in yesterday, either. I'm glad the error was fixed today, I was getting a little worried. I've grown pretty attached to this website.

It is not the first time I have seen the 522 message this year.
But they never lasted longer than an hour.

YES! But just for today and in truth, felt rather empty for not being able to come here.

It is a lifeline. :)

Server issue. It's like what happened on the other website I couldn't access a couple of days ago. I checked to see if it was down for everyone or just me, and it was telling me just me.

Like a "backbone" issue- one of those things that is simply beyond our reach as mere users.

That may well be. Yet all those corrupted DNS files that were downstreamed may have something to do with it. As somehow I'm thinking they are connected. Recall this? That's what I thought might be the issue:

"Windows Update customers were recently affected by a network infrastructure event caused by an external DNS service provider’s global outage. A software update to the external provider’s DNS servers resulted in the distribution of corrupted DNS records that affected connectivity to the Windows Update service. The DNS records were restored by January 30, 2019 (00:10 UTC), but downstream effects continued. We believe the issue to be fully mitigated because the majority of local Internet Service Providers (ISP) have refreshed their DNS servers and customer services have been restored. If you are still encountering download failures, please contact your local ISP.

While this was not an issue with Microsoft’s services, we take any service disruption for our customers seriously. We will work with partners to better understand this so we can provide higher quality service in the future even across diverse global network providers."

I checked to see if it was down for everyone or just me, and it was telling me just me.

And yet Progster, I did the same thing. Two different sites indicated that autism forums was up, and two others indicated it was down. So it was confusing. Then I pinged the server from my own system and it looked fine. All packets receiving and hop times were normal.

Last edited:
Ive had the error before, but it’s never lasted this long. Glad we’re back though :)

Whatever it was, it did seem like a progressive problem. Getting more and more such errors in time.

Let's just hope that whatever it involved, was fully rectified. At least this allows us all to consider the overall uptime of this server. Damn good, IMO.

Last edited:
I realized how much I use this website for a quick distraction-fix. I probably checked the website over a dozen times last night.

I was half waiting for the site to tell me to be patient, dammit

Reminds me of the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still". When Klaatu halted all electricity on the planet and a frustrated boss was commenting to his secretary about the sudden lack of communications.

Boss: "Well then, call the phone company!"
Secretary: "But that's just it, sir. The phones are down." :p

Did anyone else have difficulty connecting with autism forums yesterday and today? I ran a traceroute among other things. It seems from what I've been able to discover that it was cloudflare not completing requests and timing out.

error522.png

Mar 11, 2019
Access to Enterprise Log Share (REST API)
Mar 11, 16:40 UTC
Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Mar 11, 16:01 UTC
Investigating - Cloudflare is observing issues that may impact some users when accessing the Enterprise Log Share (ELS) Service via the REST API and Firewall Events via the API and UI.

We are currently working on a resolution.
Mar 11, 14:09 UTC

DNS Update Delays
Mar 11, 01:01 UTC
Monitoring - Cloudflare has implemented a fix for this issue and is currently monitoring the results.

We will update the status once the issue is resolved.
Mar 11, 00:42 UTC
Identified - Cloudflare has identified the issue and is implementing a fix.

Arrggg, by the looks of things, it's been rectified. One of the things that I find really quite frustrating, is that cloudflare and it's 522 error does not indicate that it's their problem until it's fixed. They make you jump though hoops looking for problems, with your own system, and then the websites system.

just today I wondered about cloudfare it's easy to blame somebody else when you know most people won't have any idea who is actually doing it

just today I wondered about cloudfare it's easy to blame somebody else when you know most people won't have any idea who is actually doing it

Even before the Internet, in the world of high technology there are no "Harry Trumans". ;)

Truman_pass-the-buck.jpg

Truman: The Buck Stops Here

Though in all fairness, much like politics complete transparency isn't always the best solution in explaining what went wrong. o_O

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom