• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Myers Briggs match-ups feel like horoscopes pulled from Cracker Jacks boxes to me.
Extrapolating from the Myers Briggs classification provides entertainment if not actual
fact.
Here’s Where You Should Live Based On Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Thought Catalog | Page 2

Discover the Kitchen Style for Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type — Life in the Kitchen | The Kitchn

Here’s Which Friends Character You Are Based On Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Thought Catalog

Where are the match-ups to guide my choices in cars, bedroom decor, clothing, hairstyle,
shoe style, take out food, browser use, and the degree to which I am aligned with
Winnie the Pooh characters? Or Sesame Street?

Last edited:
INTJ
Who you usually go for: The one who argues with you. Or does anything else that engages both your intellect and emotion at the same time. You enjoy analysing every tiny detail about people’s behaviour and what makes them tick. So surprise, surprise, you’re attracted to the one that you can’t figure out. The one whose behaviour you can’t quite analyse.

Who you should go for: The one who seduces you. The one who is able to make you throw logic out the window, and just go with what you’re feeling. Someone who shows you that things don’t always have to “make sense” for them to make you happy.

Hell no. Missed it by a mile. I may enjoy somebody who's intellectual and has many neat things to discuss, but I cannot stand some combative, argumentative thing because they invariably become abusive and condescending. And I certainly should NOT go after somebody who "doesn't make sense". Illogical and senseless people are boring and frustrating. I want an equal, not something I have to babysit. Which is why I married a guy who does have a lot of sense and rationality. We have our differences of opinion on several things but we keep a strict "no converting" rule.

INTJ: The Mastermind
You in a nutshell: Analytical, intellectual, and a perfectionist.
Your kitchen style is Rustic Industrial. You like the heft and history of iron and reclaimed wood, and prefer a kitchen with deep colors and antique details — a good place for brooding.
Well, iron and wood IS a rather lovely combination! :D

INTJ – Seattle, USA
As the most highly educated and most literate city in the United States, Seattle offers an ideal fit for the cerebral INTJ. This type is open-minded yet guarded, curious yet hesitant and private yet deeply intrigued by all aspects of the human experience. Seattle itself offers similar contrasts: It is progressive yet secluded, wealthy yet humble and urban yet environmentally conscious. INTJs find themselves perfectly at home in this progressive city, as the science and technology fields attract NT types in hordes. This means they have an ideal peer group to share thoughts, ideas and theories with. Plus the gloomy weather tends to drive people indoors, so the INTJ is free to shut themselves away to work on their latest project.
I reserve the right to smother with a pillow anybody suggesting I leave the country for the city so maybe they'll understand just how suffocating the notion is.

INTP
Who you usually go for: You don’t. They go for you. The persistent one who will follow you around until you finally give in. And if you’re being honest, your relationship is almost 100% them.

Who you should go for: The one that actually makes you want to do something. The one that makes you decide that they are worth the effort and time and money. Someone that makes you get off your couch, or walk across the room to check your phone. Someone that makes you feelsomething substantial.

Meh a bit too fortune cookie for me.

Some truth in that one (Qwerty), I have been worrying allot about that lately, how I need to be more aggressive in courting so I can find and land a sweeter softer girl. I don't know, I'm offten more attracted to strong women but if they aren't real sweet and understanding it turns into a match made in hell. They just end up trying to stomp me flat on the autism stuff...why aren't you more of this... why aren't you more of that... why...why...why. I don't understand it, I'm very honest with them you know...I tell them this is the menu are you sure you want to order ...somehow they always seem to think they can order pizza at Taco Bell????

Hell no. Missed it by a mile. I may enjoy somebody who's intellectual and has many neat things to discuss, but I cannot stand some combative, argumentative thing because they invariably become abusive and condescending. And I certainly should NOT go after somebody who "doesn't make sense". Illogical and senseless people are boring and frustrating. I want an equal, not something I have to babysit.

I reserve the right to smother with a pillow anybody suggesting I leave the country for the city so maybe they'll understand just how suffocating the notion is.

Yes, to both these. Me, too.
So I should move to Berlin, they said.
jawohl
NOT.
I missed the sound of the redwing blackbirds so much the year
I was away from home.

Yes, to both these. Me, too.
So I should move to Berlin, they said.
jawohl
NOT.
I missed the sound of the redwing blackbirds so much the year
I was away from home.
I can definitely sympathize with regional attachment too. I could probably live happily in any mountains worldwide, but I'd really miss my local critters. You get used to how they sound and they end up making a happy place for you.

Grin. I think my cousin (into) went what he should go for. But all she took was his time and money. Time mostly, he has money sense. But time is money. :p.

Sad realization, I guess I am the one she should go for as well. But I also mostly took only a shitload of her time. :(

Grin. I think my cousin (into) went what he should go for. But all she took was his time and money. Time mostly, he has money sense. But time is money. :p.

Sad realization, I guess I am the one she should go for as well. But I also mostly took only a shitload of her time. :(

Reply to 'Tree'.
And also an expansion on my earlier post. It is nice and simplistic. But a good starting point :p

It seems odd to me that I got INTJ-T. I know I have a need to analyze and am intuitive, but I'm not all that smart I don't think, and I prefer painting to just about any other work. In fact I have to paint. So I'm not sure I did the test right? Or is it just that the visual and painting part of me doesn't show up on the tests perhaps.

This is an old thread, but my result made me wonder if there are any other art types who also got INTJ.

It seems odd to me that I got INTJ-T. I know I have a need to analyze and am intuitive, but I'm not all that smart I don't think, and I prefer painting to just about any other work. In fact I have to paint. So I'm not sure I did the test right? Or is it just that the visual and painting part of me doesn't show up on the tests perhaps.

This is an old thread, but my result made me wonder if there are any other art types who also got INTJ.

Smartness aka intelligence aka learning speed has nothing to do with it.This is a personality, so it guesses how you use what you got. But pretty much I find a lot of N's have creative aplitude. So you are creative in art......i prefere science. But i am not the least bit suprised

I'm definitely INTJ. Although a little soft on the J. I do like things to close and decisions to get made, and comfortably tolerate the longer "thinks" of the Perceiver style.

I'm really wondering if being INTJ and female is significant in predicting whether a woman's an aspie, at least in Western culture. There seem to be a lot of us here.

INTP
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(62%) Perceiving(22)%

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral ttendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Image Focus |||| 14%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%

notable archetypes might include Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, and Thomas Jefferson.........

Hah, I'm an 8 with a 7-wing. And they're absolutely right about what behaviors I show when regressing and progressing. If I remember the metaphors correctly, you're a Bear. ;)

I'm an INFP. And nothing else really fits, either, so I don't see the Forer effect playing a role, for me at least.

I read up on the MBTI quite extensively several years ago. While there's some useful information online about it and about the types, I found it tends to highlight the positives and neglect/fudge the negatives, and it can be a bit absolute in its judgment of specific types. I doubt there's any ill intent behind it - instead, I came away with the impression that lots of online resources on it cater more to entertainment than to true self-exploration. A few offline (print) sources were - to me - more useful in getting a less slanted picture (such as the title Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers).

Since testing/identifying (because the official test doesn't type you against your own judgment), seeing myself as an INFP has been almost as useful and elucidating to me as knowing that I'm autistic. It also sheds some light on the traits that explain why I can or can't do something, enjoy or don't enjoy something, why I should approach something in this way and not that for it to work for me, and especially why I mesh or don't mesh well with certain types of personalities. Regarding this last point, it has actually been more useful than all the ASD/HFA information I have ever got my hands on.

Last edited:
Hmm, ESTP (Entrepreneur) for me. I suppose except that I am also a loner. I don't think I would be an ESTP were it not for my career. I learned that I can be the center of attention, I can take chances, I can fix mistakes as I go - I just have to get up there and do it. Once I get past that first step, I'm fine but, I do over think things before I get to doing them. I have to force myself to stop analyzing and just do it. Once I do, I'm fine and, usually succeed.

You'd think I'd get the hint after this long ans quit thinking and get to just doing it, but no, I still think about doing too much before I get frustrated with myself and decide to just do it.

Personality Type (anything social and psychological are one of my main interests).
I took the Meyers-Briggs tests at least on two different occasions and both gave the same result: INTP, the logician.
There's a link in my signature.

Hell no. Missed it by a mile. I may enjoy somebody who's intellectual and has many neat things to discuss, but I cannot stand some combative, argumentative thing because they invariably become abusive and condescending. And I certainly should NOT go after somebody who "doesn't make sense". Illogical and senseless people are boring and frustrating. I want an equal, not something I have to babysit. Which is why I married a guy who does have a lot of sense and rationality. We have our differences of opinion on several things but we keep a strict "no converting" rule.

I find it quite accurate. haha
I haven't thought what type of people I should get along with, this advice is spot on.
It's very frustrating and annoying when some nonsense people appear, and my OCD would forced me to "rectify" it while it's not really what I want to do.
About I should go for the one who seduced me, first of all, I need this people pop-up!
It would be an adventure if he can let me just go with my feeling.
Oh...L'amour fait ce qu'il veut...:rolleyes:

"Lena_C, post: 262956, member: 12964"]I find it quite accurate. haha
I haven't thought what type of people I should get along with, this advice is spot on.
It's very frustrating and annoying when some nonsense people appear, and my OCD would forced me to "rectify" it while it's not really what I want to do.
About I should go for the one who seduced me, first of all, I need this people pop-up!
It would be an adventure if he can let me just go with my feeling.
Oh...L'amour fait ce qu'il veut...:rolleyes:

Hi Lena_C It is possible to like someone just because of who they are, this idea that everyone needs to be just like us is stupid.
My best friend is a liberal big government employee, and I'm a little more of a country tea party republican, we joke back and forth on our differences and get along great. Passion for a belief or cause doesn't mean you can't be friends with someone from the other side or listen to them. He converts me on a point once in awhile and sometimes I convert him, but we don't take our differences too seriously. The trick is not to take those differences personally, every one has a different path in life, and a different schedule on getting there.
Perhaps that is the secret to everything....now if I could just find a nice lady that felt the same way...I'd be set, what are the odds of that happening???:rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom