• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Performance Reviews At Work

I was treated unfairly by some people, but my issues were directly related to my then undiagnosed Asperger's, unfortunately I simply wasn't suited to that kind of work and that kind of environment, and shouldn't have got into it in the first place. I was heading for disaster right from the start.
I've made that same mistake when I tried law enforcement work. That was an unmitigated disaster for me.

Mine are usually above average in work performed, accuracy and quantity. But, every single review I've ever had has some mention of needing to improve interpersonal relations.

Read your own post, £50 notes may be legal tender, but as far as I’m aware, £60 notes are not and have never been. :D

That was simply a typo.

As pointed out previously, I type quite fast and therefore do make the odd mistake/typo.

Regarding this, i've a question that i always want to ask the forumers here. Is it ok to tell the boss of your aspie's partner, about his aspie? I know it sounds unprofessional, but i just hope that this makes his work life easier..

Will they try to understand, or will they choose to not hire him again... What do you all think?

Last edited:
For many many years I got none. Then I got some bad ones. 20 years with the company and the last few have been pretty good. I learned this was the case with my coworkers as well. I learned we actually had someone on board who was supposed to "review the reviews" and knock them down after our bosses gave honest reviews of us. One of the supervisors finally stood up to her and she quit a week later. They replaced her but never had anyone doing that part of the job since then, and reviews have been much better, employees have been happier too.

Hard to say. Performance reports often are not technically honest and so resort to secret codes only other supervisors know and can read.

Regarding this, i've a question that i always want to ask the forumers here. Is it ok to tell the boss of your aspie's partner, about his aspie? I know it sounds unprofessional, but i just hope that this makes his work life easier..

Will they try to understand, or will they choose to not hire him again... What do you all think?

No, it is certainly not ok.

No, it is certainly not ok.

Thanks, Tom for the clear answer.

So, maybe i just need to trust that he can do it, and stop worrying about everything related to his work life, whether he'll get fired or not..even when he tells me his problems/dissatisfaction at work... Maybe i just need to agree with him, without analyzing it, without giving him any of my opinion. Hard, but i'll try.

New Threads

Top Bottom