• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People are smarter than they say

The reason people reject others they deem different is their own faulty thinking. Their faulty thinking is not reality so it doesn't make you worthless. Reality exists regardless of other people's opinions. There is no right and wrong in some situations. It is not about intelligence either.

Everyone is mean sometimes. But i think you should be able to see when you are wrong and try to better yourself. If you feel frustrated and hateful bc of other people's behavior, try to think of them as imperfect. They are not some ideal you must aspire to be like. They also have their own faults and mistakes, and having prejudices against" different" people is their imperfection.

About the situation at the Bible study, i don't think there is any reason to tell to people in the first stages of dating. When you tell this to a person that doesn't fully know or trust you yet, they might think you are a violent person and get scared.
But that is bc they don't know you fully yet so they reach a wrong conclusion. If it is someone you know well and trust, they wouldn't cut ties suddenly. Because the wrong impression would not be created, since they know you are not someone violent.

About what you asked on the last part of your post, you can think "this person's thoughts and words are not reality. They can't see the inside of my head so their words have no basis. Only you know yourself, and you don't need outside validation to become a better version of yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom