• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Peekaboo...

I know that not everyone on here agrees with certain things about me (gender identity, sexuality, etc) but no one has ever been purposely disrespectful to me or antagonistic. There are a variety of beliefs and opinions on here but people are pretty nice.

That's how life is supposed to work: People having a variety of beliefs and opinions. Yes, that means that sometimes other people's opinions and beliefs may be different than ours, objectionable or even offensive to us. That's where civil and respectful discourse come into play. On the other forum apparently the consensus is that diversity is great...provided everyone thinks the same.

I know that not everyone on here agrees with certain things about me (gender identity, sexuality, etc) but no one has ever been purposely disrespectful to me or antagonistic. There are a variety of beliefs and opinions on here but people are pretty nice.

The whole thing about everyone having different beliefs & opinions is kind of neat, honestly. This site is a delightfully old-school respite from the fighting, partisan, us-and-them nonsense. I think there's an empathy deficit on some of the other sites and in society as a whole these days.

The whole thing about everyone having different beliefs & opinions is kind of neat, honestly. This site is a delightfully old-school respite from the fighting, partisan, us-and-them nonsense. I think there's an empathy deficit on some of the other sites and in society as a whole these days.
I completely agree!!
This site is really the only place I feel like I can be… me. :blush:

Hello and welcome to Autism Forums! It's cool to see you and Flown here! I haven't used AF for awhile, but since I left the other forum I figured I needed somewhere else to post, so now I'm here too. lol

Omg I want to hug your dogs!!! So adorable!
My 110lb Dogo Argentino is a service dog :)
I have 3 Dogo Argentinos (purebred) and a rescue Pointer who is physically disabled, and a Podengo Portugueso Pequeno who is a rescue. There are probably hundreds of photos of the various dogs I’ve had in my life on this site lol. But here’s my Pointer, cuddling with me:
View attachment 73426
A service dog! I am amazed by them. A few years back I helped at Ski For Light, guiding a blind skier in a XC ski race. Back at the hotel there were service dogs everywhere, taking their duties so very seriously.

Last edited:
@maycontainthunder I posted this in another thread, but wanted to show you this keepsake box I got at a dog show, because I thought the Bull Terrier looks a bit like Dog V4! Hope you enjoy :)
A75364CA-7876-45AA-AA15-4D6DB344925F.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom