• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Peekaboo...

Dog V4 sunbathing....
Precious! <3

Omg I want to hug your dogs!!! So adorable!
My 110lb Dogo Argentino is a service dog :)
I have 3 Dogo Argentinos (purebred) and a rescue Pointer who is physically disabled, and a Podengo Portugueso Pequeno who is a rescue. There are probably hundreds of photos of the various dogs I’ve had in my life on this site lol. But here’s my Pointer, cuddling with me:
View attachment 73426
My dog on the right is a purebreed American Bully, whilst the larger dog on the left is a Bully Mix (57.5% American Bully, 10.2% Chow Chow, 6.2% German Shepherd Dog, 26.1% Supermutt). We rescued them at different times during 2020--after we lost our Rottweiler (the best friend I ever had) to a ruptured hemangiosarcoma in February of that year. :'(

Precious! <3

My dog on the right is a purebreed American Bully, whilst the larger dog on the left is a Bully Mix (57.5% American Bully, 10.2% Chow Chow, 6.2% German Shepherd Dog, 26.1% Supermutt). We rescued them at different times during 2020--after we lost our Rottweiler (the best friend I ever had) to a ruptured hemangiosarcoma in February of that year. :'(
They’re both beautiful! I love all dogs, purebred, mixed breed, whatever they are :)
I have a soft spot for Pit/Bully breeds though!!
I’m so sorry about your Rottweiler :( I lost two senior dogs in 2020 as well :(
It sounds like it was a hard year for a lot of us :(

Sorry to hear of your loss. It never gets easy.

Zzzzzzzz

Attachments

• DSCN0559.JPG
    DSCN0559.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 57
Well, I had to say something a little different to Hi! :)

Washed up here from another ASD forum whose rules were too lax and it was hurting others. I take comfort from the constant presence of a moderator.

I like anything powered by steam, vintage vehicles, model railways and engineering.

Looking forward to interacting on here.

You weren't perhaps on Wrong Planet were you?

This forum is incredibly chill so I think you'll do fine--after all you brought dog pictures. Everyone likes dog pictures.

Haven't got a dog but I did get a train picture while stuck at the railroad crossing in Hadlyme, so here you go. Engine 3025 of the Connecticut Valley Line. Built 1986, sold to the Knox & Kane, burned up in a fire, fully rebuilt and customized--a custom one-of-a-kind hybrid of late-era Chinese steam and the 1920s aesthetic of the classic New Haven Mikados.

In this picture she was backing up, pushing a rake of about 15 "Boonton" commuter coaches from the Delaware & Lackawanna, built 1915-1930, all of which were hooked up to draw excess steam from the boiler and use it to heat the cars with a radiator system. Rare to see that still in service in the 21st century but the V.R.R. does keep things traditional.

VID_20211223_155213_Moment(5).jpg

You weren't perhaps on Wrong Planet were you?

This forum is incredibly chill so I think you'll do fine--after all you brought dog pictures. Everyone likes dog pictures.

Haven't got a dog but I did get a train picture while stuck at the railroad crossing in Hadlyme, so here you go. Engine 3025 of the Connecticut Valley Line. Built 1986, sold to the Knox & Kane, burned up in a fire, fully rebuilt and customized--a custom one-of-a-kind hybrid of late-era Chinese steam and the 1920s aesthetic of the classic New Haven Mikados.

In this picture she was backing up, pushing a rake of about 15 "Boonton" commuter coaches from the Delaware & Lackawanna, built 1915-1930, all of which were hooked up to draw excess steam from the boiler and use it to heat the cars with a radiator system. Rare to see that still in service in the 21st century but the V.R.R. does keep things traditional.

View attachment 73427

Yes. That forum wasn't friendly and I didn't feel very confident interacting. I kept running into aggressive posts in my early time there which made me think 'Wait, where did that anger come from?' so I largely stuck to the games area.

Here is sooo much calmer. Nice loco pic, I haven't been to an event for some time. My ability with crowds of people isn't great.

Yes. That forum wasn't friendly and I didn't feel very confident interacting. I kept running into aggressive posts in my early time there which made me think 'Wait, where did that anger come from?' so I largely stuck to the games area.

Here is sooo much calmer. Nice loco pic, I haven't been to an event for some time. My ability with crowds of people isn't great.

I figured! WP is full of something that seems to worsen, not improve, things for most of its users. Too much politics, too.
Also not a crowd enthusiast, just happened to get caught at the crossing while I was out trying to fill up the Corolla while on a road trip.

I figured! WP is full of something that seems to worsen, not improve, things for most of its users. Too much politics, too.
Also not a crowd enthusiast, just happened to get caught at the crossing while I was out trying to fill up the Corolla while on a road trip.

Some days luck leads you to odd finds. Dad and I were delivering a lathe that we'd sold and as we drove down a country lane the rusting hulk of a traction engine appeared in a gap in the hedge. From a different road we saw that not only were there six standing there derelict but also quite a few tractors.

It amazes me that such things are out there awaiting rescue.

I’m not from Wrong Planet but I spent my early college years on very hostile mental health sites, where I didn’t last too long. Most of them are defunct now… that was the 2010s.
I never felt comfortable posting much on those sites anyways.
But I absolutely love it here. I actually feel like I’m cared for and appreciated. I don’t get that a lot irl.

I just left there (along with a couple of other members I think) yesterday. It was not helping my mental health AT ALL. I know maycontainthunder from there! It is a relief to hear that this site is more friendly.

I’m not from Wrong Planet but I spent my early college years on very hostile mental health sites, where I didn’t last too long. Most of them are defunct now… that was the 2010s.
But I absolutely love it here. I actually feel like I’m cared for and appreciated. I don’t get that a lot irl.

I described their political forum to them as like walking into a cave full of eyes looking back at you as the sound of knives sharpening comes.

Here people are friendly and welcoming which is a little overwhelming compared to what I'm used to!

I described their political forum to them as like walking into a cave full of eyes looking back at you as the sound of knives sharpening comes.

Here people are friendly and welcoming which is a little overwhelming compared to what I'm used to!
That’s a good description!! I don’t even have the option selected on my account here to view the politics forum. I don’t need any of that in my life :confused:
Sorry if we’re overwhelming you :sweatsmile: I’m a super friendly person. A lot of people here are. That was my initial reaction on here too- “Woah, everyone is nice! What’s going on here??” Lol

I just left there (along with a couple of other members I think) yesterday. It was not helping my mental health AT ALL. I know maycontainthunder from there! It is a relief to hear that this site is more friendly.

The mods here will not tolerate any kind of nonsense, you're safe here Flown.

Welcome! I've always wanted a bull terrier. I've had other terriers most of my life with the last 20 years or so, it's been TFTs (Toy Fox Terrier). We had one of these, a Decker Rat Terrier too. This is not a picture of him, but it gives an idea of what he looked like:

breed-general-appearance.jpg

Terriers are awesome.

Re: WP. There are a good number of us who emigrated, fled, came to our senses, etc from there, so you're not alone. I think it could be objectively argued fairly easily that it could be considered a toxic place for mental health. The politics section there? A pit of trolls and sock puppets.

Welcome! I've always wanted a bull terrier. I've had other terriers most of my life with the last 20 years or so, it's been TFTs (Toy Fox Terrier). We had one of these, a Decker Rat Terrier too. This is not a picture of him, but it gives an idea of what he looked like:

breed-general-appearance.jpg

Terriers are awesome.

Re: WP. There are a good number of us who emigrated, fled, came to our senses, etc from there, so you're not alone. I think it could be objectively argued fairly easily that it could be considered a toxic place for mental health. The politics section there? A pit of trolls and sock puppets.
Beautiful baby!!!

I was tired of being made to feel like I was overreacting to the racist, homophobic/transphobic, sexist, and downright abusive behavior. I'm so glad that someone recommended I come here!

This site wouldn't be the same without you, Crew.

My favorite song about Terriers:

Beautiful baby!!!

I was tired of being made to feel like I was overreacting to the racist, homophobic/transphobic, sexist, and downright abusive behavior. I'm so glad that someone recommended I come here!
I know that not everyone on here agrees with certain things about me (gender identity, sexuality, etc) but no one has ever been purposely disrespectful to me or antagonistic. There are a variety of beliefs and opinions on here but people are pretty nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom