• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

participants wanted for online research on social confidence and decision-making

Kristina Withakay

Would you like to take part in an online experiment on social confidence and decision-making?
I am a final year clinical psychologist in training looking for participants to take part in my doctoral research project.

I am looking for adults with and without autism spectrum conditions to take part in a short online experiment run in association with the University of Bath, UK. The research examines how social confidence affects decision-making and whether this is different for people with and without autism spectrum conditions (ASC). The findings will help clinicians to adapt current psychological therapies so they can better meet the needs of people with ASC who lack social confidence.

You can take part if you are aged 18 or over and English is your main language. I will not ask for your name or contact details. It takes 20-30 minutes and you can use a smartphone, tablet or PC with internet access.

For more information or to take part, please click below to visit the study website:
Social confidence and decision-making in autism spectrum conditions

Completed.

I have to add though that the questions boxes were too vague; because it is not as simple as that. Ie regarding social interactions etc.

Hi Suzanne, thanks for taking part. I agree that some of the standardised questionnaires I'm using in the survey are not ideal, they have been developed with general populations and not with people with ASC in mind. I have had similar comments from a person with Aspergers who helped me pilot the project. We need to get better at adjusting research and clinical questionnaires so that they are more meaningful for people with ASC. In the meantime, I'm relying on an imperfect tool and will need to bear this in mind in my interpretations.
Best wishes, Kristina

I have to add though that the questions boxes were too vague; because it is not as simple as that. Ie regarding social interactions etc.[/QUOTE]

New Threads

Top Bottom