• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Parents of autistic child restrained by Police to sue

Some people do volunteer with kids, but these days you have to pass an enhanced DBS (Divisional Barring Service) check before they'll let you anywhere near the kids even if you have kids of your own.

Some people do volunteer with kids, but these days you have to pass an enhanced DBS (Divisional Barring Service) check before they'll let you anywhere near the kids even if you have kids of your own.

This still does not mean that one is prepared to be knowledgeable about physically abusive meltdowns, or know what to do to before, during or afterwards. Besides, every single child is different. What works for one child will not work for the next. There is no way to be prepared for a physical attack from a child if you are not with them for hours each day like a parent or teacher might be.

I got bitten working at a city park district. I never worked for the school, but outside connected companies. No government jobs either.

I want to dispel the myth of “schools as gulags.” I don’t even understand that sentence as it was not my experience. I loved learning in school as a child. It was the bullies/ other kids that made my life miserable (in addition to my abusive home life). I loved learning, and going to school to interact with the teachers and learn new things. Except math...I barely graduated because I cannot do most math beyond the basics. School was a way to stay away from a trauma filled home life.

I loved learning, and I got along great with the other kids. The teachers, however, were not there to educate me but to turn me into a good little slave. Schools are gulags. All of the things I learned in school over 20 years I could've learned in a year. The other 19 years were indoctrination. I learned zero skills for making my life better, I had to learn those all on my own. If I didn't go to school and spent all that time learning useful things I would be a billionaire now. Speaking of billionaires, what do the vast majority have in common? They dropped out of school.

Interesting how everyone discounts all the other working adults in their young lives during school years, and focus only on the schools and teachers. There are so many more people that make up the life of young children. I mentioned many, but the focus always comes back to schools and teachers.

Interesting how everyone discounts all the other working adults in their young lives during school years, and focus only on the schools and teachers. There are so many more people that make up the life of young children. I mentioned many, but the focus always comes back to schools and teachers.

Mary Anne, I think it just is because of the content of this thread. This was a school setting. If there was an article about the cops handcuffing a child at home, then the focus would be on the parents, besides the police.

Mary Anne, I think it just is because of the content of this thread. This was a school setting. If there was an article about the cops handcuffing a child at home, then the focus would be on the parents, besides the police.

Yes, but even in a school, there are many people. Some disturbing incidents of physical meltdown abuse comes from inside school buses, or at a park, or on a sidewalk. There are media stories of those too, just as disturbing. Some have been posted in these forums.

New Threads

Top Bottom