• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I remember hearing a religious brother say that one of the things that was unique about the Ark of the Covenant, was that it was dedicate to a masculine God, namely the Triune God of Israel. He said there were other arks out there that were used by Pagans, but the vast majority of these arks were dedicated to female deities.

This of course is interesting for us Catholics, (hence why it was a religious brother who was saying this; a religious brother by the way, is a monk who isn't completely cloistered, he and his fellow-religious brothers are allowed to go out in public with permission from their superior) because the Ark of the Covenant is believed to be a type or foreshadowing of Our Lady.

However, I haven't yet found any accounts of any other "arks" out there. The closest I've come is the Anubis Shrine, (Anubis Shrine - Wikipedia which is dedicated to male deity.) and it's debatable whether or not that can be considered an "ark" due to among other things, the fact that it's called a "shrine." Does anyone have any expertise in this area, and no of any Pagan arks out there?

How curious! I never heard of such a thing. It would be good to see some of our resident scholars pop in with more on the topic.

Just an FYI. If anyone's looking for the ark of the covenant. It's in new Jerusalem. Found it in Revelations.

...a monk who isn't completely cloistered,...

Maybe he's cloistrophobic...? nyuk, nyuk
full
Sorry, couldn't resist. Continue.

New Threads

Top Bottom