• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

oooh I don't know what this is

I don't care for much of the music today. I've always preferred male singers over females.
This breathy, moany, whiney struggling-to-get-a-breath out sound they have today really gets on my nerves. I much prefer late 70s, early 80s pop/rock music, I don't know what it's callled. It was just in the last few years I realized what some of the lyrics were actually talking about, which is disgusting. ??? Not much to listen to these days. The only difference now is they are more open with what they are talking about rather than trying to diguise it like they used to. And the costumes they wear? Yuck. Much too revealing and much too little there. Country music is no longer country. But no, I never really liked female singers, only a few that had a catchy song ever caught my ear, and it was the music not the singer. TMI, I'm sure, sorry about that.

The late 70s/early 80s music you like, might it be called yacht rock? I always loved that particular music and never knew the name until just a couple years ago.

I like most older music, pop, rock, country. There is some of today's that I like, but I don't even know what it is half the time. Modern life is a blur for me. I've got too many other things going on to learn about today's music.

The late 70s/early 80s music you like, might it be called yacht rock? I always loved that particular music and never knew the name until just a couple years ago.

I like most older music, pop, rock, country. There is some of today's that I like, but I don't even know what it is half the time. Modern life is a blur for me. I've got too many other things going on to learn about today's music.
I have never heard of yacht rock, wouldn't know what that is. I also have trouble knowing the names of music like that. As a teen I was so frustrated, I could never learn the band, lyrics or album titles of my favorite songs, LOL!
Usually what I liked was the hit songs on the radio. I'm not sure if it was soft rock, pop rock, country, or what. I had the hardest time trying to find the songs in the sore, or relate to someone which one I wanted. Still do. Now, I've learned a few of the bands. Many years later. ZZ Top, ELO, The Eagles, some of the other style bands, as well. The Commodores, the Bee Gees, etc, as well as several country singers, most of which are passing on now.

New Threads

Top Bottom