• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ooh Noes...Facebook is down...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about Catholic Answers Forum site? That was quite bad, but it’s actually been down since the end of last year apparently because it was too much of a drain on their finances.
I meant the supposed alternative social media in their image

To this day I've always looked at Facebook from the outside looking in. And to this day I can assign only a single analogy to this experience. Referring to Facebook as "An online manifestation of Lord Of The Flies".

Where you are Ralph, Piggy or Jack. Whether you like it or not.

That IMO it's not a "social network", but more of a Social Darwinist network. Where each participant may or may not understand their ranking in what amounts to a food chain.

Where if you "don't know Jack", you're likely to end up like Piggy- or Ralph. :eek:

Last edited:
I just can't see it.

A person has control over which 'friends' view or post.
And nobody has to accept posts by 'friends of friends.'

So, are people saying that everybody they know sucks?
And it's hopeless to attempt marginal connection?

Or what?

Unrelated but :D
FB_IMG_1633638924074.jpg

This is an excellent documentary on the topic if anyone’s interested.
Plugged In: The True Toxicity of Social Media Revealed

A quote by Professor Sam Vaknin (Stanford psychologist): “[Social media networks] have designed the algorithms and networks exactly to cater to human pathology in its most extreme form.” If our society ever pulls itself together, criminal charges should be filed against those running Facebook and Twitter.

That reminds of something I heard today; someone commenting on a project by NASA to get one meteor to collide with another and change its course, on the grounds that it might get a bit too close to earth, and the guy joked that if they messed-up and ended accidentally sending both meteors hurdling towards earth there would be a lot of funny memes floating around online before the meteors collided with the earth and wiped us all out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom