• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NTs are the ones with social issues

Please tell me this is satire, because otherwise this attitude of separation gets nothing done and gets nobody anywhere. There's more to life than a black and white "NT vs ASD" mentality.

Please tell me this is satire, because otherwise this attitude of separation gets nothing done and gets nobody anywhere. There's more to life than a black and white "NT vs ASD" mentality.

THANK YOU Wildcat !!!! I have been feeling like I am the only person in these forums believing this. You cannot believe the amount of flak I take for saying the same thing.

THANK YOU Wildcat !!!! I have been feeling like I am the only person in these forums believing this. You cannot believe the amount of flak I take for saying the same thing.

I was actually meaning to post this in another similar thread, but I think it stands here quite nicely. I don't even need to read the study to guess that this has the same problems as studies that make generalizations about those with ASD. I guess in the end, we all have social issues don't we? Some things just aren't meant to be, so may as well make the most and best of it.

And shifting the burden of 1-2% of the population to the other 98% of the population? Let's go with 90% instead to be conservative. That's going to be a task of monumental proportions. It's not impossible to adapt to those pesky social customs and, no, you don't need to sacrifice everything and a kidney to fit in.

A study is not a satire, and if you prefer to feel guilty about being rejected that is your business.

A study is not a satire, and if you prefer to feel guilty about being rejected that is your business.

No one feels "guilty" or "rejected." Honestly, what is your problem? Your choices of words don't even make sense here. Whats to be "guilty" about???? No one is "rejected" either! I am just glad that like-minded people speak up publicly (and not just privately cuz they fear criticism or debate).

They don't know how much they need us, that's my worry for them. Look at the state of the world. Chatting fluently about inanities isn't the same as being good at communication, for starters. Also the common insistence on emotionally based priorities. Why oh why. Thinking is also useful, people.

Yes, that's something that I just cannot understand, no matter how hard I try. Their insistence on prioritising how they feel over clear, concise, logical reasons. "My gut told me this was (or was not) a good idea", you might hear one of them say. They will rely upon instinct, and because it worked about one time in ten, they will then think that it works (or will work) all the time, or next time. How on Earth do these people even make it through the day, never mind actually run an entire planet?! A mind so hopelessly confused must be a terrible burden to bear. I guess it must help that these poor people are not even aware of their - positively dire - condition, and I'm quite sure that engaging in "small talk" and gossip helps to distract them most of the time from the really important issues in life they don't want to face (like their own mortality). Living in denial works for most of them it seems, but I can honestly say it would never work for me, because I care too much about what is actually true, not what makes me "feel good". I guess that must be a "defect" of mine, one in need of being "treated". Nah, screw that! Even though I often struggle being this way, and I've often complained about it to others, just the thought of becoming reliant upon "intuition" to guide me in decision-making is enough to dissuade me from wishing to be like the compliant majority.

The mindless majority. A world where advertising actually works, a world where one can be influenced by "peer pressure" into a course of action that is patently immoral, a world where no one says what they mean or means what they say, because you have to "read between the lines" and observe their "body language". Ugh! What a nightmare! It would make a good horror film, don't ya think? The scenario: a small group of (Aspie) teenagers are trapped in a room loaded with lethal booby-traps by a psychopath who will allow them to escape only if and when they co-operate with each other in determining what he is trying to say, but who doesn't actually say anything. "Read my body language, read my mind! What's that you say? You can't, because it's actually impossible? Oh well, too bad, you won't make it outta here! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!" (I think something similar has already been done, hasn't it?)

New Threads

Top Bottom