• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reread what I wrote. My goodness I needed to spell/grammar check it.

I would love to sit down with anyone that wants to chat. But my life is FULL. I barely have time to take a poo. When I have free quite time I pick something to invest my time in to relax. This is one of my selections. The other ones right now is watching the second season of COSMOS, play poker, play some computer game, workout, or watch a movie with family.

Ask me anything here about NTs and I can answer. Might be a couple days.

They challenge for all of you is learning NT social constructs then using them to your advantage and realizing why it is advantageous to do so.

That is an NT. If you know how to manipulate the social it will benefit you in life. Some people are masterminds of this. It can be charming or bullying. But you are starting with a low raw intelligence in the field.

Read about psychology, behavior, body language (Lie Spotting, Pamela Moyer ... is a good start), watch Charisma on Command on Youtube, and educate yourself on them. Outward appearance is very important as you are judged in the first 5 seconds of them spotting you. Clothes can make a difference in how you feel and how you present yourself. Good posture is the same thing. You have to live in their world to succeed unless you are a brilliant super genius like Musk, Burry, or Gates.

My son was having trouble in the normal school settings. I started teaching him how to read body language. Why people react this way or that way. How to be charming to accomplish what you want and why. I asked him what he wanted out of life and guided him to understanding why social skills are important. He does fake it in real life quite well but he sees how it pays off. I base all of this on kindness and how being kind to others brings your own happiness.... well unless you are a psychopath.

He is getting it. You all can too.

It's funny my wife and son helped me see all the social horse manure in the NT world. Things you don't realize because there are here every day. You need to look deep. Same concept or faucet water and toilets. We just use them. But how many people think of the actual processes and technology that lets that be possibly and why?

Ask away.

I would love to sit down with anyone that wants to chat. But my life is FULL. I barely have time to take a poo. When I have free quite time I pick something to invest my time in to relax. This is one of my selections. The other ones right now is watching the second season of COSMOS, play poker, play some computer game, workout, or watch a movie with family.

They challenge for all of you is learning NT social constructs then using them to your advantage and realizing why it is advantageous to do so.

That is an NT. If you know how to manipulate the social it will benefit you in life. Some people are masterminds of this. It can be charming or bullying. But you are starting with a low raw intelligence in the field.

Read about psychology, behavior, body language (Lie Spotting, Pamela Moyer ... is a good start), watch Charisma on Command on Youtube, and educate yourself on them. Outward appearance is very important as you are judged in the first 5 seconds of them spotting you. Clothes can make a difference in how you feel and how you present yourself. Good posture is the same thing. You have to live in their world to succeed unless you are a brilliant super genius like Musk, Burry, or Gates.

My son was having trouble in the normal school settings. I started teaching him how to read body language. Why people react this way or that way. How to be charming to accomplish what you want and why. I asked him what he wanted out of life and guided him to understanding why social skills are important. He does fake it in real life quite well but he sees how it pays off. I base all of this on kindness and how being kind to others brings your own happiness.... well unless you are a psychopath.

It's funny my wife and son helped me see all the social horse manure in the NT world. Things you don't realize because there are here every day. You need to look deep. Same concept or faucet water and toilets. We just use them. But how many people think of the actual processes and technology that lets that be possibly and why?

Ask away.
Your response made me emotional which is not easy to do!! I don't understand you words yet but it "feels" accurate what your saying. I have lots more but I can't over share yet. This is my thank you. Thank you God dammit

God I've know this to be logically true for so long but could never get it out! You know articulate it...

God I've know this to be logically true for so long but could never get it out! You know articulate it...
Sorry I'm still learning how to comment effectively in this forum. It might be jumbling my already fairly jumbled thoughts.

Ask away.
What's the difference between selfishness and narcissism? How is the decision made on what to do with yourself when you have to decide what to do next? Any suggestions on how to make info (facts) fluid somewhat?

Selfishness is a concern for one's own welfare or advantage at disregarding others. Selfish people aren't necessarily going out of their way to take advantage of you. But there is a general lack of empathy. A psychopath is a person that lacks a morality center. They are certainly selfish and self serving. But if raised correctly by parents won't break the law and be productive. Everyone and everything in their lives serves a purpose to their ends.... This includes their spouse.

Narcissism is a love of one self and a need for admiration from others. A narcissist can have empathy and be giving, but they still hold themselves higher than you. You can cater to their ego for their generosity.

You can be selfish without being a narcissist.

New Threads

Top Bottom