• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NT friends and the spectrum

some/aspies/need/hugs/13

Hey everyone I am moving back to my hometown in South Georgia, after living in North Georgia for 12 years. I am 25 and this move will mean a lot of first time things for me, such as going to college, handling my money,etc.

I am really outgoing but I sometimes come across as a bit weird. I really get anxious around new people but I want to have friends. Also I feel it is important to make a good first impression.

However I am worried people might notice and be put off by some of the problems I have due to AS such as social anxiety, hating crowded or noisy places, my need for reassurance in certain situations,etc.

I could really use some advice on how to make friends in this new area. I still have family friends in my hometown but I don't want to have to rely on them for friends if I can avoid it.

When I moved to my current home I join a Meetup.com group for people with mental health issues and have made some really amazing friends. Because we all have our own issues we are all understanding or each others problems. Maybe there will be something like that in your town.

I found that just being yourself was enough as the few friends I had found me. Not the other way around.

New Threads

Top Bottom