• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not sure but probably

Kender

Hi all, I am here to see if my suspensions are right.

I was diagnosed with ADD before ADHD was a thing, so I have learned how to deal with it for a long time. I also have little bits of other disorders, like ocd, and sensory input. My oldest daughter is and aspy girl and my youngest is ADD like me.

Until recently I just took it all in stride and have accepted being the weird guy. I ran across some tik toks with neuro divergent discussion as well as ASD content. The talk of masking really got my attention and I realized that I have been doing this my whole life without knowing it. So I went down the rabbit hole and did some of the online ASD tests, the longer ones. They all point to a high probability the I am on the spectrum. I am looking for a DR. That specializes in adult diagnosis to make it official.

Welcome! Have you reached out to any autism or disability organizations in your area? Quite often they would be able to make suggestions on those in your area, if any, who specialize in adult diagnosis.

Note that longer waitlist times (e.g. 2-3) years are quite common, and so you may wish to consider getting on several waitlists if you are wanting to get a diagnosis.

Something you may wish to consider is whether you really need the diagnosis (e.g. for work supports) or not - and if not, it's perfectly fine to just read up on resources on your own to better understand and support yourself.

Hello and welcome. Hang out here with us if you’d like. I’m pretty sure we can offer much more in depth information than tick tock. It can take a little while to settle in, but start reading and writing as much as you like and I’m confident you can find some answers here.

1675864707062.png

Welcome! Have you reached out to any autism or disability organizations in your area? Quite often they would be able to make suggestions on those in your area, if any, who specialize in adult diagnosis.

Note that longer waitlist times (e.g. 2-3) years are quite common, and so you may wish to consider getting on several waitlists if you are wanting to get a diagnosis.

Something you may wish to consider is whether you really need the diagnosis (e.g. for work supports) or not - and if not, it's perfectly fine to just read up on resources on your own to better understand and support yourself.
I haven't looked for support groups yet. I am a diy person and have been getting the new house together but I knew I would be laid up a bit after surgery (knee replacement, 2nd one) so I plan to use that down time to search. I don't need it need it for work but I would like it incase work get stupid. Sometimes we get new managers that have missed the mission.

im the same as you sort of, if you're in a country with an insurance (not british or canadian) healthcare system it'll be easier to get a diagnosis featuredimage-How-Trees-Filter-Air-1080x675.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom