• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nostalgia From Old TV Commercials

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
commercial.jpg

I'm sorry I can't find a better quality clip, but this was my favorite commercial when I was a kid. The song still gets stuck in my head sometimes.

But for the sake of this fun thread, we're just going to ignore the fact that this is a medication you should NEVER use for your dog. I did not realize that when I was 12.

Go see Cal!
Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!

I hit Youtube just now looking for a good Worthington ad but every link had 3 minutes of ads that are impossible to turn off. :mad: For people who don't know, Cal Worthington was a car dealer on the US West Coast in the 70s and 80s. His "dog Spot" would be some exotic animal, a giant tiger leaping from car to car, a monkey, a goat, etc. He was famous for his dog Spot shtick. He died in 2013 at age 92.

Mention "old commercials" to me and this one very specific one is what comes to mind. Every time.

I can quote this entire thing, word for word with the proper intonations, from heart. No I dont know why. It's been like over 30 bloody years since this commercial ever aired, I was a little kid at the time, and I still remember the whole bloody script.

What makes it dumber is that I never had the game growing up. First time finally playing it was like 3 years ago.

Mention "old commercials" to me and this one very specific one is what comes to mind. Every time.

I can quote this entire thing, word for word with the proper intonations, from heart. No I dont know why. It's been like over 30 bloody years since this commercial ever aired, I was a little kid at the time, and I still remember the whole bloody script.

What makes it dumber is that I never had the game growing up. First time finally playing it was like 3 years ago.
Nerd mode engaged; That is a Tamiya Sand Scorcher used in that video.

I do not understand the attraction of tobacco, but my father smoked a couple of packs a day well into his fifties and he exclusively smoked a particular brand for a good portion of that time because of the redeemable coupons that came with his brand. One of their slogans, when it was still legal to advertise cigarettes on television, was:

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel"

Remember those Sandy Duncan commercials? She went onto bigger and better gigs on stage and film.

New Threads

Top Bottom