• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nostalgia From Old TV Commercials

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
commercial.jpg

Luca

charm & chaos
V.I.P Member
I'm sorry I can't find a better quality clip, but this was my favorite commercial when I was a kid. The song still gets stuck in my head sometimes.

But for the sake of this fun thread, we're just going to ignore the fact that this is a medication you should NEVER use for your dog. I did not realize that when I was 12.

oregano

My time has come...
V.I.P Member
Go see Cal!
Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!

I hit Youtube just now looking for a good Worthington ad but every link had 3 minutes of ads that are impossible to turn off. :mad: For people who don't know, Cal Worthington was a car dealer on the US West Coast in the 70s and 80s. His "dog Spot" would be some exotic animal, a giant tiger leaping from car to car, a monkey, a goat, etc. He was famous for his dog Spot shtick. He died in 2013 at age 92.

Misery

Photo-Negative
V.I.P Member

Mention "old commercials" to me and this one very specific one is what comes to mind. Every time.

I can quote this entire thing, word for word with the proper intonations, from heart. No I dont know why. It's been like over 30 bloody years since this commercial ever aired, I was a little kid at the time, and I still remember the whole bloody script.

What makes it dumber is that I never had the game growing up. First time finally playing it was like 3 years ago.

maycontainthunder

May also contain missing cakes.
V.I.P Member

Mention "old commercials" to me and this one very specific one is what comes to mind. Every time.

I can quote this entire thing, word for word with the proper intonations, from heart. No I dont know why. It's been like over 30 bloody years since this commercial ever aired, I was a little kid at the time, and I still remember the whole bloody script.

What makes it dumber is that I never had the game growing up. First time finally playing it was like 3 years ago.
Nerd mode engaged; That is a Tamiya Sand Scorcher used in that video.

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
V.I.P Member
I feel really old now because most commercials I like are for toys or video games from the 80s or 70s.

Richelle-H

Relaxed Relativity Inspector
V.I.P Member
I do not understand the attraction of tobacco, but my father smoked a couple of packs a day well into his fifties and he exclusively smoked a particular brand for a good portion of that time because of the redeemable coupons that came with his brand. One of their slogans, when it was still legal to advertise cigarettes on television, was:

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel"

Judge

V.I.P Member
Remember those Sandy Duncan commercials? She went onto bigger and better gigs on stage and film.

New Threads

Top Bottom