• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Noisy neighbors

Dirtdigger

V.I.P Member
I'm wondering, how many of you have noisy and obnoxious neighbors? Examples: with yapping dogs or spoiled brats who are bent on annoying you by standing in front of your house aggressively bouncing a basketball on the pavement. What's even worse is it takes a long time to get our police department to do more than just give these assholes a slap on the wrist telling them not to make their noise but the noise start again 5 minutes after the cops had left.

:mad:

My neighbour is a nightmare! She watches what I'm doing over the fence. Her husband sprayed poison down the fence line and killed the grass on my side about a foot into my property. They leave notes on my car if there's something they don't like.

She has stopped guests I've had on my property to enquire as to why they were there. She complained about how noisy my nephew was after he stayed at my home for two nights (he was 14 months and woke at 5:30am).

Then, she phoned my Dad to advise him I had a "strange man" on my property. Pity it was the boyfriend I hadn't yet told my parents about.

On the up side, they aren't noisy ; )

The guy downstairs. At least he kicked his girlfriend out so I don't hear knockdown dragout fights in the middle of the night any more. But he incessantly slams his door all the time coming and going, and keeps the subwoofer up on his audio system and plays an electric guitar occasionally that can be heard around the entire block.

At least the neighbor bedroom is gone, along with his subwoofer that could rattle my bed at night. Other than that things are peachy. :eek:

So sorry to hear that you all have rubbish neighbours! ):

I'm in OldPeoplesville right now so at least it's mostly quiet, but people in the house opposite often get drunk and fight outside, which is entertaining. At my last student house, we lived next door to a drug den. They broke into our house once and ran through screaming, and another time one of them pooped in a plastic bag and left it on our doorstep because they thought we'd stolen a t-shirt from them (when they'd thrown it over the fence and obviously forgotten). Not to mention the 48 hour nonstop parties and telling us to "get a ****ing life" if we complained to the police. Aren't people great?

Living in the college dorms was fun. For about two semesters. When I figured I'd lose a grade point average for each year I stayed there. I was very tolerant about the noise back then...but most of it was probably alcohol-induced.

So I left with another dormie....and we rented an apartment right around the corner from campus. Funny to think back as to how quiet it was there, even though half the complex consisted of us students. Guess we all sought the same thing...

We had the worst neighbors ever back when I was 17, there was 5 brothers (all with a different father) aged 20-32. They were always up all night playing a DJ sound system, all the glasses in the kitchen would vibrate. One of the brothers had some illness where he wasn't to live long, so he seemed to think he could do anything, When we first moved there mum marched round complaining and rowing then came back then I had to deal with FIVE of them outside on my own, They had a feral type attitude. That same night the they started pelting our windows with water balloons, I was afraid of them, Then a family friend went around to complain about the noise and he was hit on the head with a homemade wooden SAWD!!! there were blood pouring evrywhere. The Police were USELESS, call them , volume down , police leave back up again. In the end it was safer just to put up with it until we left, they also broke into the car of a visitor to us.

Had plenty of other bad neighbors but that was the worst. Neighbors are good were I am now as mostly elderly but street outside is very noisy. Theres a noisy bar at end of road plus rail station, but the worst is lots of LOUD ROARING cars and motorbikes roaring down this small road. Some of these people have delibratly removed the engine muffler to make it MORE noisy, i think it makes them feel like real men or somthing. :rolleyes:

I am constantly jamming fingers in ears about 20 times a day.

We had the worst neighbors ever back when I was 17, there was 5 brothers (all with a different father) aged 20-32. They were always up all night playing a DJ sound system, all the glasses in the kitchen would vibrate. One of the brothers had some illness where he wasn't to live long, so he seemed to think he could do anything, When we first moved there mum marched round complaining and rowing then came back then I had to deal with FIVE of them outside on my own, They had a feral type attitude. That same night the they started pelting our windows with water balloons, I was afraid of them, Then a family friend went around to complain about the noise and he was hit on the head with a homemade wooden SAWD!!! there were blood pouring evrywhere. The Police were USELESS, call them , volume down , police leave back up again. In the end it was safer just to put up with it until we left, they also broke into the car of a visitor to us.

Had plenty of other bad neighbors but that was the worst. Neighbors are good were I am now as mostly elderly but street outside is very noisy. Theres a noisy bar at end of road plus rail station, but the worst is lots of LOUD ROARING cars and motorbikes roaring down this small road. Some of these people have delibratly removed the engine muffler to make it MORE noisy, i think it makes them feel like real men or somthing. :rolleyes:

I am constantly jamming fingers in ears about 20 times a day.

Are you in the UK? I feel for you because some neighbors are so damned rude. It is now pretty quiet around my neighborhood. I guess calling the police on them enough quiet everything down. A flood in the garage on the one house that had the band caused them to set up their annoying music someplace else. The police tried to tell me that it is OK to play ball in the street and it's OK to let dogs bark loudly and nonstop. But I found the city ordinances that both of these annoying things are against the city ordinance. And I have printed both of these ordinances out on a piece of paper and put it in a handy place in the living room in case I have to deal with this excessive barking and the noise that basketballs make while these kids are engaging in an illegal activity.

A guy next door's usually pretty rowdy come guy fawkes night and new years eve. :p

Especially annoying is the fireworks get launched right outside my bedroom window! :p So I wind up sleeping in the lounge, since the sound isn't bad there. :)

Are you in the UK? I feel for you because some neighbors are so damned rude. It is now pretty quiet around my neighborhood. I guess calling the police on them enough quiet everything down. A flood in the garage on the one house that had the band caused them to set up their annoying music someplace else. The police tried to tell me that it is OK to play ball in the street and it's OK to let dogs bark loudly and nonstop. But I found the city ordinances that both of these annoying things are against the city ordinance. And I have printed both of these ordinances out on a piece of paper and put it in a handy place in the living room in case I have to deal with this excessive barking and the noise that basketballs make while these kids are engaging in an illegal activity.

No I'm in Sweden now, the people here are abit more well behaved than us brits , now but the story i told is from UK,(where I'm from),... that was an awful time. England is a lot more crowded than here so neighbor problems are common, due to greedy landlords cramming tennents into tiny flimsy flats. But neighbor problems can happen in the countryside too,,,,there is a tv show from England you can see on You Tube called "Neighbors from Hell" some of the worst are elderly, you are expected to film everything these days to collect evidence.

When i was just 12 the next door neighbors dog would break in to our garden and try to eat my pet guinea pig, it was funny because my rabbit was very aggressive and would try to fight the dog. This boy Kyle who was older than me used to kick his dog, showing off to girls, him and his cousin would go outside my gate talking about rabbit pie, one day i snapped went outside and had a fight with his cousin, then he is dad came out and punched me in the face, he had his cousin,older brother and dad. I just had my sister . I was so angry.... not one word was spoken for 6 years after that and no trouble, until Kyle burgled my grandmothers house when she was out, It was obvious it was him and his freinds as i had to climb over the gate as they locked it from the inside and i saw two boys rush out of Kyles house, plus the dividing fence between our gardens was flattened where they hopped in. My gran was devestated they'd gone right through the house. Once again the police were absolutely USELESS I was expecting them to fingerprint dust " don't touch anything" i was saying but they didn't do anything.

You could always hear whistling outside as Kyle never went out but was selling drugs from his bedroom window, the whistling was the code.
[

A guy next door's usually pretty rowdy come guy fawkes night and new years eve. :p

Especially annoying is the fireworks get launched right outside my bedroom window! :p So I wind up sleeping in the lounge, since the sound isn't bad there. :)

Yes I've had to do that,one of the last flats i was in in England was a high rise, i was on the top floor (15TH) it was social housing. Evrything was great for the first 6 months no noise problems at all, and a great view, i was left in peace to watch films. But unfortunatly, they guy next door decided to commit suicide, it was a shame as he was a really decent and quiet person ( 3nd time a neighbor of mine has done this)... I know it sounds bad but i was immediatly concerned about who was going to replace him. And i was right to be concerned, guy about 25 with his girlfriend, inconsiderate , noisy drinking at weekend, CONSTANT SLAMMING OF DOORS dog barking all day. He would leave SUPERMARKET TROLLYS outside the door !!! and old rolled up pieces of carpet, i hated him, i complained bet he never did anything, complained to council, they did nothing, so like you I dragged my bed into living room that was more far away from his flat, as i couldn't sleep in my bedroom due to door slamming and dog barking. In the end i had to leave.

Then In another seaside town in Northern England, I was living in a Bedsit, It was a large converted house with 11 large self contained rooms in. We had to share the bathroom and toilet and letter box :confused:. There were some difficulties but overall we all got along O.k and would help each other out borrowing stuff ect, Until one day a friend had sent me some cash through the post, me being an Aspie i mentioned it during one of our get togethers , then this money didn't appear. I didn't know for sure who had taken it they were accusing a friend of mine and he was accusing them. This started a cold war. This older guy who was an ex heroin addict next door started being as noisy as possible, and excluding me from the get togethers, Everyday i used togo out to the gym to get properly cleaned, I would find the most annoying radio station like BBC asian news or Welsh language radio,plug it in propped against the wall ( not properly tuned info course :mad:) then I would go out all day for about 10 hours swimming and ice skating:). THAT stopped his noise then i stopped mine ( after 3 days). ( there was also a small fire and a small flood there started by a convicted pyromaniac who live upstairs ).

The next flat I was in LOOKED beautiful, it was social housing again. It was a large converted into flats house, in a good part of town, My flat was the largest there, unfortunately once again the neighbors ruined it. There was a really skinny drug dealer on the top floor who was always up all night, evrytime I left the house there were two ore 3 really crazed looking "friends" of his DESPRATE to get in through the main front door ( I was too intimidated to lock it shut again as they were right in my face) they were so grateful to get in , For next fix. Plus there was the most nasty bitter old scottish man living on the ground floor, who seemed resentful I had been allocated the largest flat. Then there was a meat head in a flat above mine who NEVER went out and his toilet and bathroom were right over my living room, it seemed the ceilings were made of cardboard, He had just come out of prison and had a bull neck he would weight lift in the bathroom,and I could even hear him having a wee!! ......In the basement was a shared washing machine and dryer, I was told by the old man if i wanted to use it to put the last persons cloths into the dryer so the washer was free. If ever i wanted to use the washer i would place their cloths in the dryer , if i needed the dryer, i would empty it and fold them a little then put my stuff in. I always did this as it wasn't really a problem to do. However none of theses lowlives did that for me, one day I put my cloths into the washer after putting the last lazy sods into the dryer, then i went out into town knowing it took over one hour, when i got back I saw someone had , STOPPED the wash, dumped ALL my clothes soaking wet with detergent still in on top, and started a new wash with just their ONE jumper in :mad:. I couldn't belive it, I had to take it all up and finish it by hand then drip dry in Bathroom, i didn't know who had done it. Another time I put a wash in then it completed the wash but when my stuff was dried i saw someone had poured bleach into the machine ( on a coloured wash) so a lot of stuff was discolored. I still didn't know who was doing it, but to cope I had to get up very early (4am) when all these animals were just going to bed. Then I could use the machines undisturbed. I always made sure everything was back up driy by 6am then i could go back to sleep for a while....... Sometimes the fire alarm would be set off, then you'd go out and none there, then it would be repeated through the night 3 to 4 times, it was some kind of intimidation . Most of the other residence seemed scared the decent ones left, Another time i was talking on the phone and it was about 1 am, i decided to go to bed, and when i went into the bedroom, it was like niagra falls!!!!! water was dripping down the walls from the light bulb, and 4 other places, down the window, I had to rush around placing pans and buckets everywhere, the bed was soaked in brown rusty water. The flat above was empty and a new bathroom was being fitted, bathroom right over my bedroom. The stop taps for this flat were right outside in the hallway available to everyone to touch, and someone had gone up there and switched them on. I went up and switched them off, Noone came out to help me, I called the plumber who was working on it as there had been a small leak the week before so i decided to take his number, he PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME!!!!, I texted him to tell him what was happening, and he called to say he would be over but he took 3 hours to het there. So I called the fire brigade , they came but were crap and told me i would be charged 500 pound to bust the door in!!! so i was left to deal with it alone. all my carpet was ruined, bed, a tv set. I Told the landlord who did nothing, i put in an insurance claim, It was rejected, i wasn't sure if it was the drug dealers friends doing this or the bitter scot. All the other neighbours kept to themselves and seemed scared there was no solidarity. One neighbor told me he had complained to the landlord about the drug dealing and the reply he got was " as long as its behind closed doors"... all the letter boxes were broken in the hallway so getting mail was anxiety . It was dreadful, then not long after that the meathead was driving me nuts above my living room with his weightlifting so i decided to put Britaney spears album on loop max volume and went out all day, when i got back i turned it down, and he seemed to be banging even harder so I chucked my boot up at the ceiling, the next thing he came thundering down the stairs,and was hammering at my door, I felt scared so didn't answer but he wouldn't go so I answered it, and we started rowing, he stepped back to take a swing for me, but i managed to shut the door... It calmed bait after that, but once again, i stopped using my living room and moved my tv, into the bedroom, it was badly affecting me mentally, I would pack a packed lunch, and my gym stuff, then get up early and go out all day,then by 8 or 9pm id go to bed ( with plugged ears) knowing that they were all up all night, just to avoid them, . One day i got a letter from the social landlord threatening me with court and eviction because of unpaid rent, when it was a mistake on their part, but had to spend all day going everywhere to prove id paid, they had it in some different account,completely incompetent, .... then one day the mysterious person opposite me appeared up the stairs and he was really disfigured like the elephant man, i just froze, i could smell like an electrical fire from his flat and asked him about it but he just ignored me and went back in, i think he was another drug user who had somehow caused and electrical fire. It was kind of a metalic smell..... this was the last straw and i begged my mum to help with a deposit to get me out of there.There was problems at the new place too, it was hugely expensive for me( 600 ponds per month) it looked fabulous but mold was appearing everywhere, then a scumbag neighbour, started having picnics and renovating cars RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW with their horrible brat and flicking cigarette stumps everywhere ( even though there was a large park across the road)... that didn't last long either....

Oh my sorry to rant on and on, but this has been a lifelong problem for me and i have strong views about the unfair housing situation in UK, very expensive and shoddy..... If i won the lottery i would love to build a social housing community for people like us aspires who are quiet and respectful.

New Threads

Top Bottom