• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

thatmattattack

Na Na Na Matt Man
Hey everyone!

As the title says, my name is Matt and I'm new to these here parts. I'm actually slightly surprised that I hadn't found this place via Google before today, but I guess I hadn't put in the right search criterion before or something.

I'm excited to join this forum and hopefully get to know people who have gone through similar things in their lives because I'm currently trying to see about getting myself professionally diagnosed and find out where I can go from there. I was diagnosed with ADHD and sensory processing disorder at age 3 and then later dyslexia, anxiety, and a mood disorder, so I'm adamant about seeing what is still valid and what needs to be updated regarding my diagnoses (especially with Asperger's in mind).

A little bit more about me beyond that: I'm 24 and I have a degree in criminal justice technology; however, I haven't been able to find and hold down a job in this sector (or any other sector for that matter) for longer than a few months, so I'm also researching what other vocational avenues there are available for me at the moment.

I also have an awesome fiancee named Ashlee who just moved down to live with me a little over a month ago, so that's definitely been a big change that we've both been trying to adapt to. We plan on getting married by the end of this year and she's definitely my biggest supporter, though.

Beyond that I'm super into television (like Brooklyn Nine Nine, Friends, One Day At A Time, Futurama, Dirk Gently), technology (gaming, e-commerce, social media, graphic design), and music (I probably have my earbuds in for about 14 or more hours a day). I'm also super into the Harry Potter series, Rick Riordan's works, Neil Gaiman's works, Ned Vizinni's works, and David Levithan's works.

Anyways, this is probably long enough at this point, but once again I'm looking forward to getting to know my way around here and meeting and talking with you all!

31dba2156d4a1c541072a0fac768e273.png

Greetings, Matt. Are you a radar technician? (Sorry, Star Wars reference couldn't resist.)

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

GREETINGS ALERT! Welcome, Matt! :) I hope you like it here!

IMG_0302.JPG
w
Hey everyone!

As the title says, my name is Matt and I'm new to these here parts. I'm actually slightly surprised that I hadn't found this place via Google before today, but I guess I hadn't put in the right search criterion before or something.

I'm excited to join this forum and hopefully get to know people who have gone through similar things in their lives because I'm currently trying to see about getting myself professionally diagnosed and find out where I can go from there. I was diagnosed with ADHD and sensory processing disorder at age 3 and then later dyslexia, anxiety, and a mood disorder, so I'm adamant about seeing what is still valid and what needs to be updated regarding my diagnoses (especially with Asperger's in mind).

A little bit more about me beyond that: I'm 24 and I have a degree in criminal justice technology; however, I haven't been able to find and hold down a job in this sector (or any other sector for that matter) for longer than a few months, so I'm also researching what other vocational avenues there are available for me at the moment.

I also have an awesome fiancee named Ashlee who just moved down to live with me a little over a month ago, so that's definitely been a big change that we've both been trying to adapt to. We plan on getting married by the end of this year and she's definitely my biggest supporter, though.

Beyond that I'm super into television (like Brooklyn Nine Nine, Friends, One Day At A Time, Futurama, Dirk Gently), technology (gaming, e-commerce, social media, graphic design), and music (I probably have my earbuds in for about 14 or more hours a day). I'm also super into the Harry Potter series, Rick Riordan's works, Neil Gaiman's works, Ned Vizinni's works, and David Levithan's works.

Anyways, this is probably long enough at this point, but once again I'm looking forward to getting to know my way around here and meeting and talking with you all!
welcome

New Threads

Top Bottom