• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"New" hat shopping today

I did a bit of research and it seems to be close to what is called a Aussie Slouch Hat. I don't like the term slouch hat for something that classy looking though.

I'm guessing that the meaning of "slouch" has changed since the hat was named. Google's definition shows that the "slouch" in "slouch hat" is dated, but that it used to refer to bending the brim down.

Slouch.png

The first time I looked at the site you posted, I just looked at the hat. Just now I looked again and this time bothered to scroll down more and saw pictures from the movie.

I did a bit of research and it seems to be close to what is called a Aussie Slouch Hat. I don't like the term slouch hat for something that classy looking though.

Also I see that Barron also makes the hat Sean Connery wore in League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

The Extraordinary (The League of Extraordinary Gentleman) - Baron Hats

I like the Out of Africa one better because of the vents.

I can't afford their prices, I just found what I found... I have funner hats that are worth far less than a Baron hat... Not that I don't like this hat

This one might be my funnest hat, furry, tall, and weird... A photo someone else took, how I sometimes dress during Calgary Stampede week...

Stampede Week.jpg

^ I like that hat. Looks like a combination of a 10 gallon and a bowler.

I used to own a hat like this one but I outgrew it. I see it is only $55. So I might just buy a new one.

Buffalo Nickel Hat

Last edited:
This one might be my funnest hat, furry, tall, and weird... A photo someone else took, how I sometimes dress during Calgary Stampede week...

View attachment 63714

If I ever get to attend the Stampede, I'm going to dress just like the guy in blue but with a blue fringed skirt and superfine cowboy boots. :p I can tell he is enjoying himself! At that age, he is entitled to wear anything he wants. :D

If I ever get to attend the Stampede, I'm going to dress just like the guy in blue but with a blue fringed skirt and superfine cowboy boots. :p I can tell he is enjoying himself! At that age, he is entitled to wear anything he wants. :D

That old fellow was quite a character, I only met him that one time... He was definitely having a fun day...

New Threads

Top Bottom