• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"New" hat shopping today

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Another thing I collect, a nice brimmed hat, as long as it fits my head so I can wear it...

Flea market today, spotted a rather fancy western/cowboy hat through a vendor I know quite well, snapped it up at $20

For anyone who knows famous hat companies, it's a Baron hat (Hollywood), I was told that it's an expensive hat, it fits me fine I'm keeping it!

What's it worth?

The Hunter (Out Of Africa) - Baron Hats

Another thing I collect, a nice brimmed hat, as long as it fits my head so I can wear it...

Flea market today, spotted a rather fancy western/cowboy hat through a vendor I know quite well, snapped it up at $20

For anyone who knows famous hat companies, it's a Baron hat (Hollywood), I was told that it's an expensive hat, it fits me fine I'm keeping it!

What's it worth?

Oi! Whatta steal. Thanks for sharing/bragging. :p

My favorite was this gun check patterned driver's cap I picked up in downtown Portland at this famous habadashery. I ruined it whilst wearing and sweating in it on shift at Pizza Schmizza.

THAT is a genuinely awesome hat.

I love hats. My nicest one is a Stetson "Temple" fedora I modified to look more like the soft felt hats of the 1920s. There is also a green wool-blend newsboy cap (eight panel, not the one-piece Ascot cap which is less my style) and an English straw boater that feels like plywood but is absolutely great to wear in summer.

However none of them are the caliber of a Baron. You did extremely well. Nicely done!

Oi! Whatta steal. Thanks for sharing/bragging. :p

My favorite was this gun check patterned driver's cap I picked up in downtown Portland at this famous habadashery. I ruined it whilst wearing and sweating in it on shift at Pizza Schmizza.

I ruined one of my hats underneath my bed, I had not seen it around and couldn't figure out why, but it was wrecked by that time...

THAT is a genuinely awesome hat.

I love hats. My nicest one is a Stetson "Temple" fedora I modified to look more like the soft felt hats of the 1920s. There is also a green wool-blend newsboy cap (eight panel, not the one-piece Ascot cap which is less my style) and an English straw boater that feels like plywood but is absolutely great to wear in summer.

However none of them are the caliber of a Baron. You did extremely well. Nicely done!

I have at least 10 hats, including some vintage beaver fedoras, and a 100 year old top hat... I will fully admit to not knowing anything about Baron hats prior to today... I mostly shop on instinct and what I see, what I like, and if the price is right... Like a beat up fedora made in Budapest that I picked up at a local antique show last year...

Good score! Is that big western wear store still open in Calgary? I bought some awesome cowboy boots there many years ago. Wish I'd bought a hat, too, but didn't want to wear it home on the airplane. There days, I favor Panama style hats because I live in a hot climate.

Good score! Is that big western wear store still open in Calgary? I bought some awesome cowboy boots there many years ago. Wish I'd bought a hat, too, but didn't want to wear it home on the airplane. There days, I favor Panama style hats because I live in a hot climate.

That's fairly generic for Calgary and area to say that... Lots of western wear sales here

Our most well known local hat maker is a company named Smithbilt Hats, since the 1910's or 1920's, still in business... For the boots, you might be referring to Alberta Boot Factory, another well known company...

Those wide-brimmed hats always look so classy - I'm 100% sure that I could never pull off wearing one.

I have an accidental baseball hat collection. It started with me going on vacations and always forgetting to bring a hat. So, to prevent a sunburn, I'd buy a hat. A few dozen vacations later, I have a few dozen hats. Now, when we go on vacation, I usually remember to bring a hat, but my wife always finds a nice looking souvenir hat for me to buy, too.

What a find :) i love wearing hats, all kinds depending on my outfits........ Baker boy, berets, fedora, Skull caps,tribly,turbans hats hats hats love them.

Those wide-brimmed hats always look so classy - I'm 100% sure that I could never pull off wearing one.

I have an accidental baseball hat collection. It started with me going on vacations and always forgetting to bring a hat. So, to prevent a sunburn, I'd buy a hat. A few dozen vacations later, I have a few dozen hats. Now, when we go on vacation, I usually remember to bring a hat, but my wife always finds a nice looking souvenir hat for me to buy, too.

There is only one way to find out, I ditched baseball caps years ago! For something not too over the top, try a flat cap perhaps...

A photo a friend took today, with the infamous hat...

Sherlock 01.jpg

That's fairly generic for Calgary and area to say that... Lots of western wear sales here

Our most well known local hat maker is a company named Smithbilt Hats, since the 1910's or 1920's, still in business... For the boots, you might be referring to Alberta Boot Factory, another well known company...

I bet it was the Alberta Boot Factory. I could have stayed in that store all day long. I like that smell of leather. Maybe some day, post-Covid, I'll get to attend the Calgary Stampede. It's on my bucket list.

What's it worth?

Reminds me of:
MV5BZTFlOTdkMjEtNGVmMS00YTA3LThlNjQtMjAzZmFjZDAzNjllL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR88,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I'm pretty that is the same hat, Baron Hats say their hat is inspired by the movie "Out of Africa"

The first time I looked at the site you posted, I just looked at the hat. Just now I looked again and this time bothered to scroll down more and saw pictures from the movie.

I did a bit of research and it seems to be close to what is called an Aussie Slouch Hat. I don't like the term slouch hat for something that classy looking though.

Also I see that Barron also makes the hat Sean Connery wore in League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

The Extraordinary (The League of Extraordinary Gentleman) - Baron Hats

I like the Out of Africa one better because of the vents.

I do sort of own a hat that is sort of similar :p
FjuLVu5.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom