• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New aspie to the jungle

Gershom

Hello. I'm Gershom and im from Venezuela. I was diagnosed by a psychologist who was working at the company i was working as at as well (he was at human resources). He with the help of his wife (a psychopedagogist) threw the ball on me.

I always have had issues relating myself with people, and i got deep into psychology and stuff trying to overcome the stuff i knew was messing with my life:

- at college i had issues concentrating due to the noise and the people around the house and school, so i "trained" myself to study with noise (rock music at the background).

-I learned how to read facial cues and vocal tones with the help of my mother who is a PhD in Education and with the help of psychology books and tools published by Dr. Paul Ekman.

- I learned how to make use of cognitive empathy with the help of psychology in order to try to read how people was feeling and to try to make sense of their behaviour. At the moment i still think that people is crazy... What do the neurotypicals want!?!?!!??

- I learned how to speak in public (conferences and stuff) and the musicality needed to not to sound monotonous or tiring when speaking in public.

As you can see I have had to learn A LOT of stuff in order to appear neurotypical (this makes me imagine myself as a NatGeo researcher studying a new species' behaviour: the NT's) even before i knew i was Asperger (although i had my suspicions).

Ah, my native language is Spanish, and as if being autistic wasn't enough, I'm gay as well....

.... Double rainbow... Geez!

upload_2018-9-11_11-2-47.png

Hello. I'm Gershom and im from Venezuela. I was diagnosed by a psychologist who was working at the company i was working as at as well (he was at human resources). He with the help of his wife (a psychopedagogist) threw the ball on me.

I always have had issues relating myself with people, and i got deep into psychology and stuff trying to overcome the stuff i knew was messing with my life:

- at college i had issues concentrating due to the noise and the people around the house and school, so i "trained" myself to study with noise (rock music at the background).

-I learned how to read facial cues and vocal tones with the help of my mother who is a PhD in Education and with the help of psychology books and tools published by Dr. Paul Ekman.

- I learned how to make use of cognitive empathy with the help of psychology in order to try to read how people was feeling and to try to make sense of their behaviour. At the moment i still think that people is crazy... What do the neurotypicals want!?!?!!??

- I learned how to speak in public (conferences and stuff) and the musicality needed to not to sound monotonous or tiring when speaking in public.

As you can see I have had to learn A LOT of stuff in order to appear neurotypical (this makes me imagine myself as a NatGeo researcher studying a new species' behaviour: the NT's) even before i knew i was Asperger (although i had my suspicions).

Ah, my native language is Spanish, and as if being autistic wasn't enough, I'm gay as well....

.... Double rainbow... Geez!
Welcome! I think you'll find some friendly and supportive folks.

New Threads

Top Bottom