• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Names we were teased with

Like others said, I won't count insults because there is likely a character count and I don't want to fill this page. But I do actually enjoy seeing people try to come up with insults they think will hurt me, just for it to bounce off me.

The only thing that comes to mind as a reoccurring name is "Retardis Repair" which is of course an oh so clever spin on my name every single person who comes up with thinks he is the first. Never bothered me, I just wish I would have chosen a less vulnerable name ;).

Last edited:
People call me weird, I wear it like a badge of honor. I stand out from the crowd, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Many people like being friends with me precisely because of that.

People call me weird, I wear it like a badge of honor. I stand out from the crowd, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Many people like being friends with me precisely because of that.

Same here.

I was called a weirdo quite recently. I replied 'I'd rather be weird than bland'. The person came back later to ask me 'do you really think I'm bland?'. :D

"Mr. Scientific" sounds like a nickname for a friend or a teacher. It sounds like a compliment to me. I can't imagine how this can be used to hurt someone. Trying to imagine it is somewhat comical.

I was called Casper when I was little, like Casper the friendly ghost, because my skin and hair were quite pale.

I was called Chicken Little when I was older, like the chicken from the movie of the same name, because my hair is up in a way that resembles the thing on him, and I wear glasses and am white, like the chicken.

If you just mean any insults, I could list dozens, but that would be depressing and break some of the forum rules so I'll just leave it at that. :)

"Mr. Scientific" was said in a very mocking tone. In full it was, "Okay, Mr. Scientific." and the person was staring at me and smirking.

It’s weird the way kids are “angel-ified.” They are so incredibly vicious. They’re like little psychopaths. I could never in good conscience have a child (for many reasons) and send him into the snake pit (school).

Classic freaks and weirdos, outside of those 'Computer', 'Robot' or 'Encyclopedia' due to my personality and 'Giraffe' due to my height. I remember being called 'autistic' as an insult as well at one point. Funny how they got that one right. People also always delighted in telling me about just how messed up I was.

One day it turned into 'she's so creepy' and then stopped almost entirely. I suppose there's no fun if the person you try to bully never reacts.

Last edited:
It’s weird the way kids are “angel-ified.” They are so incredibly vicious. They’re like little psychopaths. I could never in good conscience have a child (for many reasons) and send him into the snake pit (school).
Yes! The hardest most traumatic thing I did in life was go to school as a child. Hell every day for years.

One kid in middle school constantly referred to me and the other spec-ed/social skills class kids as "the retards." He got expelled for bringing a knife to school, so he had that coming.

One kid in middle school constantly referred to me and the other spec-ed/social skills class kids as "the retards." He got expelled for bringing a knife to school, so he had that coming.

That is frightening. Did he just have the knife with him or did he threaten anybody with it?

How many legs does a dog have, if you call its tail a leg?

Four, because calling it a leg doesn't make it a leg.

When someone calls you a name, it's just someone calling you a name. It doesn't change who you really are.

Another way to look at it:

As a teenager I realized that when you hand someone something, they automatically reach their hands out to accept it, no matter what it is. I thought it was hilarious to hand my little brother any garbage that I happened to have. He'd take it, then look at it in disgust and I'd say, "You took it. It's yours to deal with now." It took him about a week to break the reflex and stop accepting whatever garbage I tried to hand him.

When other people call you names, they're handing you their garbage. Don't accept it.

Yeah, he threatened a random kid with it. I can't remember the full details. The school police officer stepped in before anybody got hurt, though.
Wow. That is so frightening. I was always worried about being beaten up but I never thought I would be killed.

I had to deal with a bus driver that seemed obsessed with me in 1st grade. But zero names except one that referenced behind. l went to Playland with my girlfriend in 5th grade. We had to get someone to call the police because we were being followed by older guy. I guess l had different issues. I was incredibly shy in high school and this girl called me stuck-up. I guess she took me being mute in a different way.

This will sound depressing, but I'm kinda curious to know, has anyone else ever had someone go on a long rant filled with all the worse, most degrading things you could think of to say, just going on and on, unprovoked, as they stare you in the eyes?

I've always wondered if this is a thing some people do or if my experiences were unusual, because that's happened several times, and the thread is already pretty depressing so I thought I'd ask. :)

Last edited:
This will sound depressing, but I'm kinda curious to know, has anyone else ever had someone go on a long rant filled with all the worse, most degrading things you could think of to say, just going on and on, unprovoked, as they stare you in the eyes?

I've always wondered if this is a thing some people do or if my experiences were unusual, because that's happened several times, and the thread is already pretty depressing so I thought I'd ask. :)
It's definitely happened to me countless time, though never unprovoked as I play Counter Strike Global Offensive and spend the whole game baiting people into a rage. It really is the best part of my day when I push some normie to the breaking point where he rants for 5 straight minutes.

I don't think I have enough social interactions to say that wouldn't have happened to me unprovoked in the real world though because I am quite an asshole, even if I cover it up in public.

Edit: I'm also only 17, and having been pretty much completely isolated from the public since 5th grade, this again limits the number of times I have had *any* interaction, not just a negative one.

It's definitely happened to me countless time, though never unprovoked as I play Counter Strike Global Offensive and spend the whole game baiting people into a rage. It really is the best part of my day when I push some normie to the breaking point where he rants for 5 straight minutes.

I don't think I have enough social interactions to say that wouldn't have happened to me unprovoked in the real world though because I am quite an asshole, even if I cover it up in public.

Edit: I'm also only 17, and having been pretty much completely isolated from the public since 5th grade, this again limits the number of times I have had *any* interaction, not just a negative one.

Yeah, that's different. You sound more like you're closer to being one of the people who do it.

New Threads

Top Bottom