• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Names we were teased with

grommet

The most hurtful name I remember being called was "Mr. Scientific". I was being mocked for giving information, being pedantic and exact. It felt natural being this way but the other kids startling reaction gave me on of my first feelings that who I was, was a problem for other people. They would think I was weird. It hurt my feelings and scared me seeing this reaction.

Until I heard myself called that I never thought there was anything unnatural about me, I felt fine. But after, I never forgot that who I was wrong for everyone else. The loneliness started.

Were you called names?

"Mr. Scientific" sounds like a nickname for a friend or a teacher. It sounds like a compliment to me. I can't imagine how this can be used to hurt someone. Trying to imagine it is somewhat comical.

I was called Casper when I was little, like Casper the friendly ghost, because my skin and hair were quite pale.

I was called Chicken Little when I was older, like the chicken from the movie of the same name, because my hair is up in a way that resembles the thing on him, and I wear glasses and am white, like the chicken.

If you just mean any insults, I could list dozens, but that would be depressing and break some of the forum rules so I'll just leave it at that. :)

I've been called many names, quite often. I was fun to tease apparently, which can turn quickly into very hurtful name calling.
Which isn't limited to playground bullies, because it still goes on in my little world until just recently.

Little miss know it all, was a favourite of my families, as was weirdo as a teen. As I became older, no one would call me names as I became pretty quick with an insulting retort.

In school some people called me "Mr Calculator" because I carried and used my Casio or TI-85 everywhere. It was fine. I didn't care to have a social life, I was content being the best programmer in the school and the teacher using me for resources.

As an adult, people would usually play on my initials which are my screenname. "Tender Loving Care", "The Learning Channel", and yes "Tastes Like Chicken".

As long as they weren't hateful or hurtful, I was happy with it because at least they were taking the time to think about me and talk to me. They weren't indifferent to me, I was worth their time and effort somehow. I've read that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

"RETARD!!"
"Hey, pudding pop!"
"Spanky spanky spankyyyy!!"
"What's up, smelly cat?"

L-l-leave me alone....!! SHUT UP!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

The most hurtful name I remember being called was "Mr. Scientific". I was being mocked for giving information, being pedantic and exact. It felt natural being this way but the other kids startling reaction gave me on of my first feelings that who I was, was a problem for other people. They would think I was weird. It hurt my feelings and scared me seeing this reaction.

Until I heard myself called that I never thought there was anything unnatural about me, I felt fine. But after, I never forgot that who I was wrong for everyone else. The loneliness started.

Were you called names?
One was an insult about my female physiognomy and it started up again last year .

In primary school, it was "why?" I had other, more unpleasant ones too, that came from my having a meltdown on the school bus one day. One or two as an adult - "monkey" and "lippon" because I used to say this word a lot.

As a kid, my family and their friends used to call me "Ribcage" because I was very skinny. Later, some of my friends started calling me "Whale" because I was no longer skinny ;)

Most of the hurtful name calling was around puberty.
Jolly Green Giant anytime I wore green.
Giraffe because I was tall compared to other kids my age.
But the one that hurt the most and I don't even know what it means was Skag.
The boy I had a crush on when I was 13 found out somehow and he knew he was hot.
I wasn't hot in looks. He got the well developed blonde cheerleaders for girlfriends.
Everytime he passed me in the halls he would say "Oooh, Skag!"

I've been called other things when I got older that can't be written here.

Retard,Spastic and weird.Those were the words I was called mostly when I was going to school,Also I remember one time I was crying to my mum and she said to me “you are weird Adora” and it has taken me years to realise that it wasn’t just my dad who was abusive verbally towards me but also my mother,But she was just more passive about it and sometimes compared me to other girls saying I wasn’t like them because I wasn’t into dressing “trendy” like she use to call it.

When I was a teenager I was often called a lesbian, due to the way I dressed and cut my hair. I didn’t really see that as an insult though, just a wrong and confusing assumption.

Too many to count, many of them hilighting the physical symptoms of Klinefelter Syndrome and my (as they saw it) simultaneous extreme stupidity and high intellect because, when you're a kid, you can turn both of these into insults at the same time.

I can't repeat what the called me because it would be so full of '********'(asterisks used to blur out the actual word) as to be meaningless.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I was called all sorts of names. Most of these names I can not recall because I blocked them out and that was a long time ago. Those were the worst years of my life. Now days I seem to have a name that I am called. It goes like this, "Call what's his name. You know, that weird, old, smart guy. He will fix it."

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I was called all sorts of names. Most of these names I can not recall because I blocked them out and that was a long time ago. Those were the worst years of my life. Now days I seem to have a name that I am called. It goes like this, "Call what's his name. You know, that weird, old, smart guy. He will fix it."
Being autistic it still hurts when I knew they call you weird

Perfessor, Egghead, Brain (usually as a compliment), Crybaby (not so much).

Gay and other epithets meaning gay, because throughout most of high school, I was still very childish and had no interest in girls.

Last edited:
Too many to remember plus I have blocked out most of my life from being a kid. Middle school was the worst time for me for name calling and bullies.

Being autistic it still hurts when I knew they call you weird

That is not the case for me. People seek me out for what I can do for them. I can do what I do because I am autistic. So for me, being autistic does not hurt. It is a good thing. However, I understand that it is not this way for everyone. We are all different and I can only speak for myself. As far as being called weird is concerned, I do not mind it. It just means that I am very different from almost everyone else and I like being a individual.

New Threads

Top Bottom