• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My thoughts on "Dank"/Offensive Memes

deathrow2016

Retro Obsessed
I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

Those pages that were designed to offend, full of things that shouldn't be joked about. But oddly enough, I actually find them funny. We live in a world where just breathing seems to offend some. And they play off that and it seems to get them popular on Instagram (my favorite page has like 15K followers).

Now, I do believe they take some things a bit too far. The autism jokes, for example. They're based on playing Minecraft and FNAF...I'm a pretty avid gamer but I haven't touched either of those as they're not my type of game. I kinda don't get that.

But on other issues...I feel like they sort of hit the nail on the head. Might just be 'cause I'm psychotic and find the "dark web" intriguing, but whose knows. Am I the only one that likes that kind of stuff? Saw someone talking about Hitler Parodies so it can't be too much of a stretch, right? LOL!

I take jokes about developmental disabilities VERY personally, as I contend with numerous developmental issues. On the flipside, being an Aspie is a benefit for me. I'm Aspie proud, by HATE my FAS with a passion! Its my Aspie side that has made me what I am today, despite my FAS, which keeps me from being all that I want to be.

I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

Those pages that were designed to offend, full of things that shouldn't be joked about. But oddly enough, I actually find them funny. We live in a world where just breathing seems to offend some. And they play off that and it seems to get them popular on Instagram (my favorite page has like 15K followers).

Now, I do believe they take some things a bit too far. The autism jokes, for example. They're based on playing Minecraft and FNAF...I'm a pretty avid gamer but I haven't touched either of those as they're not my type of game. I kinda don't get that.

But on other issues...I feel like they sort of hit the nail on the head. Might just be 'cause I'm psychotic and find the "dark web" intriguing, but whose knows. Am I the only one that likes that kind of stuff? Saw someone talking about Hitler Parodies so it can't be too much of a stretch, right? LOL!

What are the things that "shouldn't be joked about"?

I don't take kindly to jokes about developmental/intellectual disabilities, because I'm all too familiar with them. Politics, hair color, or even religion jokes are preferable to race or disability jokes.

New Threads

Top Bottom