• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My story of dating abuse (sensitive)

deathrow2016

Retro Obsessed
This is the first chapter of a project I was working on called Confessions of A Male Survivor. I ultimately dropped it because, in reality, I know nobody would read or care about this. But I'll try here, as it does involve autism in a few scenarios. I doubt anyone's gonna believe this at all, but I'll try. Maybe I'll pick up the project again later. Maybe.

(All names have been changed to protect identities)

What is a woman? What standards must she abide by? Generally, women are expected to be sweet, caring, sensitive, and fragile. And when we think of abuse in romantic relationships, we usually think of the male abusing the female. But, have you ever stopped to think that maybe…just maybe…it could be the other way around? They say it can happen to anyone. And it happened to me. The concept of a woman abusing a man sounds like nonsense. But it happened to me, a 19 year old man. Now, I know stories with abuse are met with some skepticism. Especially ones which don’t exemplify norms. I assure you, however, that all of this was real. And my own mother could verify it. I could start out with the way my partner almost killed me by crushing, or how she didn’t clean the intimate portions of her body and forced me to please her. But it is important to know the building blocks. What lead up to the day I woke up and decided to shut her out of my life for good.

Chapter One: Home Alone

Usually, it is a good thing for the couple if the parents are not home supervising them. It allows them to be more intimate without getting reprimanded. But, for me…it was Hell on Earth. Mo’nai was physically larger and stronger than I was, so she had made all the rules. What we did. What we ate. What we watched. Even where I was allowed to sit, sometimes. I would try and find every excuse not to have her over when my mom wasn’t home, but sometimes she would creep under the walls in my mind and find a way to convince me to let her over. Whether it was to cook for me, cuddle and watch a movie…things couples typically do. But, as time went on, I realized Mo’nai’s intentions. She came over to enforce a dictatorship.

I cannot recall a time grander for discussion than one early Friday morning. We were both off school for something or another. She had wanted to make breakfast for the both of us. It should have been a good morning. But then things happened. It was at this time that I was beginning to see her true colors, and what I had gotten myself into.

I don’t know what it is with me…but I cannot tolerate certain foods. Their color, their textures…sometimes it all makes me sick. It may be an Asperger’s thing, but I wouldn’t know. Mo’nai knew I didn’t like scrambled eggs. I told her on several occasions that I didn’t want them, but she had went ahead and made them anyways. Knowing that I would have a difficult time eating them. When everything was on plates and cups were filled, I wolfed down the pancakes without a problem. Only the scrambled eggs she had put on my plate remained. “Just try them, honey”, she cooed. I cringed a little, but I couldn’t get them down. After I went to the trash can to hurl…she looked at me with disgust. “What, are you not appreciative of my cooking? I didn’t have to do this.” She said. I nodded and apologized, and she just shook her head and whatever’d me.

I had been wanting to dye my hair that day, and she had always wanted to “help”. Even with the littlest of things. One time I was shaving and she’d barged in, forced me to let her “help” even though I had really wanted to do it on my own. It made me feel like a child. Anywho, she of course popped the question of “Can I help you with that”. I assured her I was fine applying everything on my own, but she never took “No” for an answer. If you told this girl “No”, she would nag and pester you. Ask you why she couldn’t, and wouldn’t respect an answer of any kind. So I had sighed and given in, because I didn’t want to argue for an hour over something so trivial. The application went well. But I had needed to take a shower to apply the conditioner. But, knowing Mo’nai, she would want to “help”.

I went into the bathroom, peeled off my shirt and went to turn on the water. To get it nice and warm first. But standing in the doorway was Mo’nai.

“Can I help you put the conditioner in?”

“No thank you”

“Come on”

“No”

“Please”

“No”

At that rate, she had had enough. She grabbed my arm and forced me onto the edge of the tub. With the water running, she’d forced my head back and began lathering my hair. I was extremely uncomfortable, on both a physical and emotional level. I still had my pants on, thankfully, but they got soaked. And another thing about me was….I hate getting wet while clothed. I was so disturbed that I wanted to burst out in tears, but I didn’t want to show weakness. So I let it go for about fifteen minutes.

“Are we done yet?

“Not yet”

Another fifteen minutes passed in this uncomfortable position. My back was killing me and my neck was about to give in. But thankfully, there was mercy. She gently let me up and left the bathroom so I could dry off. And shake. And sob a little.

But this was only the beginning of the troubles that lied ahead. I was only learning of the full extent at which I was being manipulated. A puppet on strings handled by someone who shouldn’t be a puppet master. Things always get worse before they get better. And, for me, they were about to get a hell of a lot worse than “helping”.

Oh wow. deathrow people don't think about this at all. On a woman's persepective or mine, when a man says 'No' it means that. Most women are not like this first one. To me you should have said 'Listen ... I don't need help' clearly and if she reacted you could have gone 'Go home' but if I was in that situation deathrow. In all cases, I feel sorry for what she put you through.

And if she knew you didn't like scrambled eggs you could have gone 'I know you put this effort in but I don't want them. Pancakes are fine but not scrambled eggs'

Oh wow. deathrow people don't think about this at all. On a woman's persepective or mine, when a man says 'No' it means that. Most women are not like this first one. To me you should have said 'Listen ... I don't need help' clearly and if she reacted you could have gone 'Go home' but if I was in that situation deathrow. In all cases, I feel sorry for what she put you through.

See, the thing is, she liked to lie about things. If I went that route, she would have been a crybully. Saying I'm being mean to her. But it is what it is. She can continue to act like it didn't happen, and tell her little thug friends that too...but karma will get her and she's gonna have to live the rest of her life knowing what she did. She went right back to drugs and alcohol after this, and after I had tried to help her out of that all. Her loss. Personally, I hope she ends up lying face down in the woods somewhere with needle marks. This is only scraping the surface, and I know you said "people don't think about this at all"...I know..it sounds nuts. Kinda like Dave Pelzer's A Child Called It. Some said that was all ********, that he made it up. And while that could be true, keeping in mind how child abuse was in those days...I'll take the man's word. There's probably even crazier cases we don't even know about because those victims have been dead for half a century.

Okay. I guess I understand. She doesn't need to lie at all. Her and her friends, you can do without. The other parts, I can understand.

Okay. I guess I understand. She doesn't need to lie at all. Her and her friends, you can do without. The other parts, I can understand.

The only reason I even bothered with her "friends' after the fact was because they had alcohol. And I say "friends" because they talked **** about her with me too, even when I was drunk and making up joke after joke...they laughed and told me I deserved better. Then when I started questioning my gender (thank GOD I'm through with that too) they decided to hate me because they were evidently immature transphobic ****s.

Mmmhmmm, true. Most cases of women being abused, you hear about it more than a man being abused but that's because the men get all physical and decide to give the women a good thrashing. I guess in most cases the women when abusing, its emotional abuse not physical abuse.

Understood too. I think in all cases of abuse, the victim should get support from friends, family and the like. Abuse in any way is not funny nor is it a joke.

Understood too. I think in all cases of abuse, the victim should get support from friends, family and the like. Abuse in any way is not funny nor is it a joke.

Sure isn't. Expect in my case. Because nobody here (as in where I live) cares about me at all. So **** them. I won't help them when they need it.

And okay, I guess I do understand exactly where ur coming from. U may continue on with Chapter 2 if you like ...

Probably not. I'm a mass comm. major so I'm getting more used to that particular writing style to continue on with something like this. Plus I don't want to remember any of it anyways. I kind of just stopped saying how I feel/think about things and it would make it that much harder for it to be effective or detailed in the way it should.

Ok. That does make sense deathrow. Sometimes its best to get things out in the open, sometimes its not as its in the past.

sounds like she was just trying to get you attention and doing things at random. i wouldnt mind that. but not when she pushes it to far.

New Threads

Top Bottom