• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My special interest

dark cloud

As you can see from my profile picture i love SpongeBob. Especially Squidward.

I just wanted somewhere to express it. I might said it in previous threads, i don't remember very well.

I love him since i was 11. In that age I started to watch SpongeBob. And i felt in love with him. That's true back then i had a crush on him. Thanks to him my puberty wasn't so empty
I believe he might be autistic too because i observe many of his behaviours and seem autistic to me.
Of course he also has negative qualities but that's what makes him humane.

Now lately and since i was 11 (i am 28 now) i am thinking about him every day. I only watch episodes of SpongeBob where Squidward appears. To be honest he is the reason I still continue to watch SpongeBob.

I see pictures of him everyday on my computer. My Facebook page is full of pictures of him. I realised my love for Squidward is something more than just a sympathy for a fictional character.
I feel gratitude that such a fictional character exists. I know, i suppose there are similar characters as well in other cartoons, but Squidward is just perfect.

I don't really know exactly why i love him so much but i can relate to him many times. It's weird but I believe this cartoon character could understand me. He could feel my exhaustion, my depression, my love for peace and quiet, my introversion and my taste in music which is same with his taste in music.
He is like a comfort to me.

In many episodes, especially when he wrongfully suffer from bad luck, his neighbours, his depression etc i want to give him a hug. Some episodes it's difficult to watch again. An episode for example is "ink lemonade". What the writers were thinking? Even people who don't like Squidward would feel sorry for him in that episode.

I believe he has more variety of emotions than SpongeBob. SpongeBob is great character but he isn't realistic at all. I believe Squidward might feel about SpongeBob what i feel about SpongeBob. Sure he is annoying and loud but i wish i could enjoy life and have fun like him but i end up feeling miserable like Squidward.
In many episodes seems Squidward wants desperately to have fun but unfortunately he can't.

An episode for example is "the paper". It was so impressive to see him gave all his belongings to SpongeBob (even his own house and his t shirt) so he could have the paper and the fun he thought he would have if he had the paper. There's more similar episodes.

His need for fame and validation seems so cute to me and so humane. Even his narcissism seems cute to me.

I wish there where more episodes with him being happy or have good relationship with SpongeBob and be childish together because when he is happy and childish is so adorable.

Anyone else like him so much?
It's okay if you don't but i must admit i can't understand people who don't like him.

I could see it being my favorite show if it was on when I grew up. There are even YouTube videos which analyze the episodes trying to find to hidden, deep meaning . I remember hearing about it when it was first on. I was thinking "sponge"? "bob"?, what the hell . I remember there were rumors SpongeBob is gay. He's a sponge, wouldn't they be asexual? Well, it's complicated, but come-on he's is SPONGE .

I could see it being my favorite show if it was on when I grew up. There are even YouTube videos which analyze the episodes trying to find to hidden, deep meaning . I remember hearing about it when it was first on. I was thinking "sponge"? "bob"?, what the hell . I remember there were rumors SpongeBob is gay. He's a sponge, wouldn't they be asexual? Well, it's complicated, but come-on he's is SPONGE .
Could you please send me an example of videos which analysing the episodes? I love videos like these.
Also i believe SpongeBob is asexual but not aromantic. He clearly has a crush on Squidward :p

I did not watch spongebob, but i am familiar with the feeling of getting emotional support from a fictional character. There are so many fictional characters that i relate with and i feel their happiness/pain with them

I do not think that your interest is strange at all. I do not know how social you are, but I was definitely, socially retarded. I still had normal yearnings and while socially isolated I would have crushes on fictional characters. Only much later did I want to find a woman that I could feel the same way towards. Happily I met a kind, accepting woman and those crushes now are part of the history of who I am.

I do not think that your interest is strange at all. I do not know how social you are, but I was definitely, socially retarded. I still had normal yearnings and while socially isolated I would have crushes on fictional characters. Only much later did I want to find a woman that I could feel the same way towards. Happily I met a kind, accepting woman and those crushes now are part of the history of who I am.
I'm not social to be honest. I have two friends but i am introvert just like Squiddy.

It’s really no different from loving Kiss (rock band), a professional wrestler or movie star like ‘The Rock’, or a book like ‘Lord of the Rings’. All are fictional characters created by another’s desire to entertain. The fact that it’s a cartoon character is coincidental.

I mean, everyone cried when Bambi's mother died right?

68 just got a grand daughter so I guess I will have to up to speed.
You should watch SpongeBob if you want. It's enjoyable.
I guess you won't relate to SpongeBob and his best friend Patrick. But i believe you might relate to Squidward or mr Krabs.

I watch cartoons all time, but my disguise is the kids. I never liked drama and only know I realise I'd prefer a suspense-crime thriller I like crabby-patties!!

I haven't watched it much, but the few bits I have seen always had me laughing. It was well done. There is a video of the voice cast actually acting out a episode live action. I only saw a little bit of it but thought seeing the people behind the voices interesting. I recognized some of the actors.

New Threads

Top Bottom