• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My son's peculiar issues, HELP!!

bellingerfamily28

My son is 15 years old, almost 16, and has pretty severe Aspergers. He is not as developmentally mature as most 15 year olds, however it hasn't caused any major issues. He has never been interested in having a girlfriend or shown interest in sexual type things at all. He is however EXTREMELY obsessed with Passing Gas. He has always been really gassy from the effects of the Aspergers, but I am starting to learn that this is the way they all are. But, I mean he is really obsessed with it mentally. He bursts out laughing and laughs as hard as he can every time, even when he just lets out a little silent "Toot", and he is obsessed with telling me about everytime one of the other kids "Toots" at school. Whenever he is around the kids in the family or one of my friend's kids, if he thinks that he hears them "Toot", he asks them out loud if they did and if so he busts out laughing, and he also has an affection for trying to come over and "toot" on my lap whenever he can for some reason. He also is obsessed to the point that when he gets on the computer, he goes to youtube and looks up videos of other young kids "tooting" and watches them, which I caught him one day and noticed that he was having an erection.
ALSO, with the gassiness, the past few years, it has been worse, it often causes his tummy to hurt from gas pains/cramps, sometimes to the point that he is almost in tears and cant get the gas out. Someone told me to try rubbing/massaging his tummy when this happens, and I noticed as well that when I try this, it makes him have an erection, I know that the pains are real because his tummy will feel firm and the rubbing will sometimes make him "toot" some. I dont know if the obsession with the gas excites him sexually or what. Any ideas? And, are the other kids his age with Aspergers this obsessed with gas? I know they all are when they are young, but it's like he never grew out of it.
Also what do you do to help or what do your kids do to deal with the gassiness? At home he is "tooting" constantly and I worried about him doing it at school (he goes to a private special needs school) but apparently he holds it in all day, as he said that he is afraid to do it infront of his classmates and he said he tried to go to the restroom like I told him to do but he couldnt let it out by the time he walked there from his class. Then when he comes home his tummy hurts, it is like it gets trapped in there and wont come out. He will be there straining but no "toots" come out. Rubbing his tummy works marginally and only helps some. I have tried all the meds, doctors, diets..........with nothing working, I even took him to one doctor that said that he thought he was constipated and gave him some kind of laxative powder, which he wasn't constipated anyway but I gave to him once and within a couple hours it made his belly hurt even worse from the gas so I never gave it to him again. I have heard about people doing exercises with legs on infants to help them get it out but not sure if it would work on a 15 year old, but what do you all do to help them/what do they do to get the gas out?? Also, what do they do that makes it easier to "toot"? I hate to see him suffering like that. All of this is really starting to be a problem and the obsession causing the sexual reactions is really worrying me. What should I do?
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Judy

Maybe you should try to change his diet. A lot of aspies have trouble with gluten. I do, but I can't really afford not to eat it....

This is unrelated but can I ask you a question since you son is close to the age of my son. My son is just turned 14 and he dosn't grasp the concept of time. Dose your son understand time?. Like I mean he's not good at reading a cloce with hands but that's not all of it. He sometimes will saya time he thinks it is that dosn't match the daylight outside and he can't get what a.m. and p.m. is iether. Sometimes it will be rreallly late and he is still awake and he dosnt' know it is late. A couple weeks ago he missee the bus and his bus comes before daylight. When I told him he had missed the bus he said 'no I still have time', and it was daylight out.

And as for your gas question... no it's not all the kids, my son dosn't pay any attention to gas. I would not mind to deal with that compaired to some of the issues I'v had with him latley thought.

I have asperger's and am 21. My obsession is bodybuilding, and with that comes along intense amounts of food that i eat everyday. With that, comes along gas. My parents always make fun of me for it because they dont like it, but i cant help but think that it's funny. But when i think of where it comes from and someone else doing it, it seems gross. But for me its hilarious. I know this is a double standard, but i cant get over it. My only hope is that gas pills work when i try to start dating more. And i realize that gas around ladies is not ok. But it sure does hurt to hold it in.

New Threads

Top Bottom