• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My project

Jordy

Sneak peak of my project, a simple dot product function written in my assembly, statically linked with a main file and running in my virtual machine. The virtual machine can do a disassemble and read out the symbol and reloc table in the elf, that's what is show in the middle. Register files on the left and a view of an arbitrary location in memory on the right.

Here is a spec of the instruction set https://file.io/O5jMl6zGH8FA
The assembly statements don't map one on one to instructions, the assembler it is capable of determining based on the type of operands that it has and their values what instructions to produce. The set statement for instance can produce 5 diffirent types of instruction combinations, and jmp/jal statements 4. And there are many more assembly statements than what is shown here.

Technically the project is not done yet, i still have to add floating point, vector and breakpoints instructions.

Last edited:
@phantom ,
This looks really interesting and like quite a bit of work. For a simple minded techie like myself, could you elaborate a bit on what the final outcome will be? what is a dot product function?

From an aesthetic and artistic point of view, this is really pretty! it is so organized and uniform, but with enough differences to also make it interesting. But I would also like to try to understand what it means.

@phantom ,
This looks really interesting and like quite a bit of work. For a simple minded techie like myself, could you elaborate a bit on what the final outcome will be? what is a dot product function?

From an aesthetic and artistic point of view, this is really pretty! it is so organized and uniform, but with enough differences to also make it interesting. But I would also like to try to understand what it means.
A dot product is a mathematical operation on 2 vectors. I just used it as an example of what my assembly language is capable of. As an end product i want to have everything running on a simple microcontroller that i designed.

New Threads

Top Bottom