• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My lousy eyesight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, don't feel down. Lots of people suffer this every day. You are definitely not the only one. Just have faith, dude.

Seriously though, that sucks. I'd hate to lose my eyes like that. How would I see who's camping on the other side of the map?

...I can't find the past thread about my things being stolen. I gave been in the hospital for weeks, leaving the check I received that (Did I detail this?) I hope I can somehow deposit in my bank (I guess it's lucky that it's a chain and there's some here in Portland.) without the bank card and ID card. I hope that the replacement for my SSDI account-accessing card has arrived. I also got help from the homeless center here on getting a new I.D. and I have a check from them to send to my home state to get a new birth certificate, nessecarry to get a card. But just the check, no further things that need to be done.
If the hospital does not go along a with me proposing that I get to get out on a non-dialysis day to go to the bank and the homeless center I am going to leave here soon. If I do not take care of the account and ID matters disaster will happentq

21st

l.p.. This was weeks ago, and I have BEEN p in the hospital s spiral since.
The bssivd of setting

If the hospital does not go along a with me proposing that I get to get out on a non-dialysis day to go to the bank and the homeless center I am going to leave here soon. If I do not take care of the account and ID matters disaster will happentq
Did you talk to the hospital social worker, as another commenter suggested? They might be able to help you achieve these things while still in the hospital system.

I recommend that you do not leave the hospital. They are working to keep you alive. Plus you have a bed and meals. Nobody likes being in the hospital, but when it's a matter of life and death, and I think you are at that point, you stay and work on getting healthy.

I further recommend that you accept the reality that you have become unable to manage your own affairs. You make poor decisions, lose important papers, your attention wanders from one urgency to another, and you literally risk your life while chasing a flight of fancy such as wanting to be in your home county. YOU NEED BEHAVIORAL MANAGEMENT. Talk to the social worker about that.

Are you back in California, I hope? Oregon Health Plan doesn't pay for glasses for over 18 either.

Did you talk to the hospital social worker, as another commenter suggested? They might be able to help you achieve these things while still in the hospital system.

I recommend that you do not leave the hospital. They are working to keep you alive. Plus you have a bed and meals. Nobody likes being in the hospital, but when it's a matter of life and death, and I think you are at that point, you stay and work on getting healthy.

I further recommend that you accept the reality that you have become unable to manage your own affairs. You make poor decisions, lose important papers, your attention wanders from one urgency to another, and you literally risk your life while chasing a flight of fancy such as wanting to be in your home county. YOU NEED BEHAVIORAL MANAGEMENT. Talk to the social worker about that.

...I don't agree that the idea of an institution situation is a good thing for me.
Now, I have thought that something like an SRO where I had my own room. but you had to check in up front when coming in - but I had my own, lockable door, room. and could come and go as I please, would be alright
You are blaming me for the cards being stolen from me? They were in inside pockets in my jacket. one doesn't expect a thief to go to that length.
I really don't think such a situation as you seem to be calling for is immediately available, anyway. Frankly, there's a great many homeless here, not lots of slots/assistance.
And, no, I don't want to commit myself to being in Portland forever.

As usual you pick the things you want to discuss, and ignore the other.

Did you ask to see the hospital social worker? You did not reply.

You also did not address whether you are capable of managing your own affairs. You claim your papers were stolen - yet you did little to secure them. Several commenters gave suggestions how better to prevent thefts, and I did not see you respond to any of them.

"Homeless" is what you were maybe 10 or 15 years ago when your body was relatively intact, and sleeping outdoors was an option. You are now homeless and unable to manage your own affairs. If you don't want to be institutionalized, an option is to work regularly and effectively with a social worker who can help you with decision-making, planning, and obtaining services. You are not the homeless man of 10 or 15 years ago. You are a severely ill man with needs greater than you can obtain on your own.

As to being in Portland - that was a prime example of a poor decision. You haven't benefited by being there, and in fact, you can't wait to get away. Let a social worker help you plan how to do that, next time.

@[FONT=Verdana]SteveNomad[/FONT]

"I have thought that something like an SRO where I had my own room. but you had to check in up front when coming in - but I had my own, lockable door, room. and could come and go as I please, would be alright..."

Did you ask the hospital social worker about that?

"I really don't think such a situation as you seem to be calling for is immediately available, anyway."

You don't think so? Who have you asked?

"Frankly, there's a great many homeless here, not lots of slots/assistance."

What is your source of information that allows you to make that determination?

... In 2018 I did attempt to get
to a shared home (whatever the precise terminology we - It was not liscenced) that a hospital social worker had suggested. I thought I'd rest and read my books. When I got there:
I expected a room to myself. I was told I'd have a roo.ate. This would mean being forced to lie alone in the dark, doing nothing, since my sleep pattern is quite hard.
There wasn't enough space to keep my things I brought there. and I had thought I'd have the things I inherited from .y brother sent to mid didn't, it's 2+ years since he died and I still haven't).
The town had some public transportation - but the runners of the told me that the town had no public transportation. I believed them, and only found out that there was pt later on. Why would they do this? The ma aver of the home lived there, the owner was there lots. Can you think of any other way than lying that someone would say there was no pt? So that they could have control of me, and suck the addition .oney I had dry. say?
I was in the house/grounds, for the two straight weeks I was there, essentially all of the time, the run-down house and fenced-in backyard. No walking. No change of scenery. No fresh air.
The one exception was a Wal-Mart shoppi g trip - for which I was charged $25 (This above and beyond the rent, which I'm not complaining about here.) for a 1.4 mile round trip - .7 mile each way They'dve surely sucked the extra money I brought up there away, and it wasn't all that much, probably not enough really to get a TV and stuff properly.
I suspect the owner of stealing paperwork from me. After he nosed his way onto a desk where I was keeping some paperwork with which I was trying to contact someone, I could never find it again. He also even tried to coax me into giving him some of my stuff. He also, when trying to get me to stay, behaved like a cult leader/pimp trying to get my confidence, telling me " I'm your only friend " or similar I believe.
When I went up there (Further upstate in California) I paid - I am not complaining about this part - $1££ for transporting my things and other errands when I left Santa Cruz. However, when I went back, and he took me back, the journey did not involve the other errands, just the things, so it was less effort for him - Driest, he raised the price to $12%, and then, when I got back to Santa Cruz and went to the bank to give me the $25, I hold $40 out, two 20s - and when I took the money out to give him the $25, he saw the two 2ps and said " I don't have any change! " and snapped up both of the 20s!!!!!!!!!:mad: There. That good enough for you?

That is not an answer to the question of when is the meeting with
the hospital social worker to take place.

...I...I didn't see that till. Kw. Perhaps you are rather demanding of answers. I asked once, I'll ask again - asking the nurse to pass it ing
I just see a doctor once a day I think.

... In 2018 I did attempt to get
to a shared home (whatever the precise terminology we - It was not liscenced) that a hospital social worker had suggested. I thought I'd rest and read my books. When I got there:
I expected a room to myself. I was told I'd have a roo.ate. This would mean being forced to lie alone in the dark, doing nothing, since my sleep pattern is quite hard.
There wasn't enough space to keep my things I brought there. and I had thought I'd have the things I inherited from .y brother sent to mid didn't, it's 2+ years since he died and I still haven't).
The town had some public transportation - but the runners of the told me that the town had no public transportation. I believed them, and only found out that there was pt later on. Why would they do this? The ma aver of the home lived there, the owner was there lots. Can you think of any other way than lying that someone would say there was no pt? So that they could have control of me, and suck the addition .oney I had dry. say?
I was in the house/grounds, for the two straight weeks I was there, essentially all of the time, the run-down house and fenced-in backyard. No walking. No change of scenery. No fresh air.
The one exception was a Wal-Mart shoppi g trip - for which I was charged $25 (This above and beyond the rent, which I'm not complaining about here.) for a 1.4 mile round trip - .7 mile each way They'dve surely sucked the extra money I brought up there away, and it wasn't all that much, probably not enough really to get a TV and stuff properly.
I suspect the owner of stealing paperwork from me. After he nosed his way onto a desk where I was keeping some paperwork with which I was trying to contact someone, I could never find it again. He also even tried to coax me into giving him some of my stuff. He also, when trying to get me to stay, behaved like a cult leader/pimp trying to get my confidence, telling me " I'm your only friend " or similar I believe.
When I went up there (Further upstate in California) I paid - I am not complaining about this part - $1££ for transporting my things and other errands when I left Santa Cruz. However, when I went back, and he took me back, the journey did not involve the other errands, just the things, so it was less effort for him - Driest, he raised the price to $12%, and then, when I got back to Santa Cruz and went to the bank to give me the $25, I hold $40 out, two 20s - and when I took the money out to give him the $25, he saw the two 2ps and said " I don't have any change! " and snapped up both of the 20s!!!!!!!!!:mad: There. That good enough for you?
For your information, I know all about the Patterson saga. I was a member at WrongPlanet while that was going on. I won't respond to all of your points, which are mostly irrational. You have a distinctly paranoid flavor to your interpersonal relations.

All the same, it's still the case that you are not making good decisions on your own, nor are you working effectively with a care manager. It's good that you have asked to see a social worker, though. Next time, tell the doctor (not the nurse) that you have requested it but not had anyone show up, and when could you expect that to happen? Or ask if he would please follow up on it.

That is not an answer to the question of when is the meeting with
the hospital social worker to take place.
tree is just trying to push you, in a respectful way, to be more effective in how you plan your next steps. Sometimes getting what we want takes repeated efforts and polite assertiveness. Don't get mad at tree for nudging you.

One of your enduring traits is getting mad at people who try to help you. That is very contrary to getting your needs met.

What hospital are you at? Well it's actually none of my business.

Anyway, up at Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital, the Lion's Club gives out free eye exams and glasses. You have to wait a bit for them to be delivered.

The Portland Streetcar stops right in front of it. NW 22nd and Lovejoy

Thanks tree for reminding me!

For your information, I know all about the Patterson saga. I was a member at WrongPlanet while that was going on. I won't respond to all of your points, which are mostly irrational. You have a distinctly paranoid flavor to your interpersonal relations.

All the same, it's still the case that you are not making good decisions on your own, nor are you working effectively with a care manager. It's good that you have asked to see a social worker, though. Next time, tell the doctor (not the nurse) that you have requested it but not had anyone show up, and when could you expect that to happen? Or ask if he would please follow up on it.

...How is it " irrarational " to want to have the (fairly small is single room you thought you'd get so you can have privacy? Or to not be confined to one house essentially 24/7? Or to object to being charged $25 for a point-seven miles times two journey and to have that carting fee go from $100 to $125 to " I don't have any change! " S140? Or object to being told there was no public transportation when there was? That was not a question of rules of when you could go out, that was a lie (Or are you going to tell me that it wasn't:rolleyes:?) And sticky fingers regarding my property and that paperwork is alright? Because " it's all you can expect "?
Do you want me in an institution, being shot full of drugs, perhaps:cry:?

...I used the " pimp/cult leader " metaphor to be colorful. That's what you object to?;)On that level, I think it's valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom