1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured My Father won’t compromise on anything. I always end up compromising. Tired of this!

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Frostee, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

So is anyone ever able to be angry at you without it being their fault or is that just in this instance? I used to use this abusive cop-out as well.

You automatically support the maker of any thread? By virtue of having made a thread?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

If those are the only two options, I'm gonna have to go with "lie."

3. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

"as equals" and "we must make final choices" seems like a contradiction to me. Despite the contradiction, saying a parent is equal to their child is ridiculous and counter to their very relationship.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dadwith2Autisticsons

Dadwith2Autisticsons Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Thanks for your reply. But, I think you read it wrong, as
    I said I see us parents as equals, meaning as husband and wife we have relatively equal rights and responsibilities. I do not see myself above her and she does not see herself as more important than me. [/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  5. Dadwith2Autisticsons

Dadwith2Autisticsons Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

@Frostee

If you need further supportive input or advice from me regarding your situation, feel free to private message me anytime. I will be heading off to homeschool our children tomorrow, as we started later this year, but am usually available via pm for persons who want support, advice or to just to talk. For those others with Autism and related conditions, I am wishing you all the best. I wish I could post more, but as usual our children come first, and this is what brings me the most joy. Thanks everyone!

6. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

Oh, I see! I apologize, I did read that wrong. That makes way more sense! Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1