• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 4-Year-Old and the Beach Boys

Steven B

My 4-year-old Aspie-wonder is obsessed with the Beach Boys. Whether you care or not, he will tell you which Beach Boy wrote which song, the singer/s of the song, and where the singer comes from. He'll tell you what album the song is on, and then tell you all the songs, in order, on said album.

You can often find him singing Beach Boy songs, sometimes very loudly, in the car, at preschool, walking, and in restaurants. Often he has the drum beats down and likes to play "guess the song" while he bangs out the tune on the back of the car seat or the living room table.

Any similar wonders out there?

My 4-year-old Aspie-wonder is obsessed with the Beach Boys. Whether you care or not, he will tell you which Beach Boy wrote which song, the singer/s of the song, and where the singer comes from. He'll tell you what album the song is on, and then tell you all the songs, in order, on said album.

You can often find him singing Beach Boy songs, sometimes very loudly, in the car, at preschool, walking, and in restaurants. Often he has the drum beats down and likes to play "guess the song" while he bangs out the tune on the back of the car seat or the living room table.

Any similar wonders out there?
I wish they all could be California girls...
I kinda do that across the entire music industry :D
One of my obsessions is finding cover songs by unexpected artists who ace them when out of their genre :cool:

ohh my, I love the oldies and classic rock era, grocery store plays oldies and cant help but to sing to the radio,

whats your son's favorite song the beach boys sang??

"Kokomo" is all I know, but I've got twenty odd songs on my computer from a CD I bought out of curiosity some time back.

Only other small child/toddler wonder I've seen was a little girl that could name all the presidents.

Guess I was a late-bloomer. I didn't discover the Beach Boys until I was six. :p

Back when they were just getting started. :cool:

Last edited:
I was like that with XTC when I was 6 and that's what got me into music in the first place - I was just going through my vinyl collection of XTC singles and playing the B-sides today. They had some really unusual B-sides.

My dad told me that when I was very, VERY young I used to say "I wanna go muh-muuhs!" and that meant I wanted him to rock me to sleep while humming along to Bruce Springsteen records. I don't remember that - I wasn't old enough to remember it.

I was also like that with the Beach Boys about a year ago. Since then my obsession with them has gone away.. I went through a phase of trying to get my parents to harmonize some vocal lines from their songs to see how accurately I'd figured out certain parts (I know there are often 4-6 part harmonies as a bare minimum in most Beach Boys records, but I only have 2 parents so I had to compromise) - they are both good singers, my dad has a better lower register than me and my mum has a better higher register, so it was much quicker and more satisfying than trying to multi-track it myself, even though they eventually started to tell me it was annoying.

When I was four, I was like that with The Cars.
I only really know 2 of their songs (My Best Friend's Girl and Just What I Needed, probably the two most obvious ones), but they are both great songs :) Elliot Easton is a seriously underrated guitarist.

New Threads

Top Bottom