• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Must keep trying... Job search

You're welcome to PM me if you're looking for work. I can refer people to my current firm, but you'd have to do a video cam discussion with me first and then be okay with sending me your resume so that I could refer you. You'd also have to be willing to move upon being hired most likely. The pay would be compensatory enough to move- I do know that.

You're welcome to PM me if you're looking for work. I can refer people to my current firm, but you'd have to do a video cam discussion with me first and then be okay with sending me your resume so that I could refer you. You'd also have to be willing to move upon being hired most likely. The pay would be compensatory enough to move- I do know that.

Unless you live in Calgary or Canada for that matter

At this point I plan to stay in Calgary, so just looking around here

Unless you live in Calgary or Canada for that matter

At this point I plan to stay in Calgary, so just looking around here

Where I work does have a Toronto chapter. I don't always find out the new locations beforehand, but you never know if they will want to expand. They are expanding right now.

It's so difficult looking for work right now, in the midst of Covid, with so many more people looking for work, I think there are more jobs than people looking for jobs right now...

Received yet another rejection today:

We received an overwhelming response from many well qualified applicants and have recently selected our hire.

I am sorry for the disappointing news. Best of luck in your job search.

I've had too many messages like this lately and it feels like a slap in the face, did get one interview last week :) but didn't get the job :( It might have just been a numbers game and only one person could get the job

Had another job interview yesterday, won't know until next week on that one, at least some employers are paying attention to me, but I'm still getting frustrated

But... I know I have to keep trying every day, keep learning along the way as well, and never give up... And thank goodness for living in Canada where I get gov't support to keep me going...

I understand about job searching. It can be very painful. I have some experience as a low level recruiter and how they find and hire employees is way different than it used to be.
Your resume needs tag words specific to the job. They scan for these specific tag words. While not many read the cover letter, it is still important. Having a LinkedIn is VERY IMPORTANT, no matter what type of job you are seeking. Then, Link In with people in the companies you are interested. Link In with Human Resources employees or recruiters. Often times 3rd party recruiters will hire for companies as a temporary or for direct hire.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

I understand about job searching. It can be very painful. I have some experience as a low level recruiter and how they find and hire employees is way different than it used to be.
Your resume needs tag words specific to the job. They scan for these specific tag words. While not many read the cover letter, it is still important. Having a LinkedIn is VERY IMPORTANT, no matter what type of job you are seeking. Then, Link In with people in the companies you are interested. Link In with Human Resources employees or recruiters. Often times 3rd party recruiters will hire for companies as a temporary or for direct hire.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

You don't have to know the person to Linkin with. It's become more of a networking site.

New Threads

Top Bottom