1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Must keep trying... Job search

Discussion in 'Education and Employment' started by Sherlock77, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It's so difficult looking for work right now, in the midst of Covid, with so many more people looking for work, I think there are more jobs than people looking for jobs right now...

Received yet another rejection today:

We received an overwhelming response from many well qualified applicants and have recently selected our hire.

I am sorry for the disappointing news. Best of luck in your job search.

I've had too many messages like this lately and it feels like a slap in the face, did get one interview last week :) but didn't get the job :( It might have just been a numbers game and only one person could get the job

Had another job interview yesterday, won't know until next week on that one, at least some employers are paying attention to me, but I'm still getting frustrated

But... I know I have to keep trying every day, keep learning along the way as well, and never give up... And thank goodness for living in Canada where I get gov't support to keep me going...

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wolfsage

Wolfsage In training to be Wolf King.

If that's what you want go for it. But, pace yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sherlock77

I need to find some work, I will go broke eventually if I don't get a job

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

I know that feeling so well. It's a tough market. Knocking on doors, and getting rejection. Many people face this. Is there something else you might be qualified for that you haven't applied for?

5. Sherlock77

I'm not qualified for much, but have always thought that work in the supply chain industry might be interesting, but I only qualify for the lower wage entry level positions

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

Very interesting. Sometimes lower wage jobs morph into higher paying jobs due to unknown events. l have stepped into a low wage job and was promoted to a better job. So l take lower level jobs because l am doing something and you can always search for other things. Contacts in lower wage jobs also come about, and you may run into someone who asks you to work for them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. VictorR

VictorR Random Member V.I.P Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gracey

Gracey Well-Known Member

A low level entry position gets your foot in the door, gains you experience and pays a wage while you keep your eyes out for something else

I picked up two jobs during 2020.

Each job on it's own doesn't pay enough to get by,
    but together it all adds up.

I'd never considered working this way until the opportunity presented itself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sherlock77

I have a gov't benefit right now related to Covid, which means I don't "have" to find work immediately, I'll just keep looking

• Like Like x 3
  10. Trophonius

Trophonius Well-Known Member

Man, I'm on the same boat. I'm thinking in improving my coding skills and developing more websites, so I can apply to freelance developer jobs.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Sherlock77

There is a lot of that going around right now, I know it's not just me

12. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

You know about cameras. Are there any camera shops looking for employees? They might train you to repair, refurbish, or clean cameras or employ you as a salesperson to help guide customers in selecting cameras, lens, etc. Just a thought.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Sherlock77

You have no idea how bad I am at selling anything :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1