• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Muslim parents threaten to keep kids off school in protests against ‘gay relationship lessons’...

Wow i'm surprised seeing the comments.

And wow is there really a need to teach kids age 4~15 about this? And why if people disagree with this, they're accused with the label "homophobe"? Are these people even reading the article, what the parents said?

Actually, nobody even bother with anybody's sexual preference.. It's just the people who prefer lgbt who keep bothering other people with their sexual preference..

And wow I'm surprised at how much spare time they have to learn this kind of subject, among many all other subjects that students need to cover.. During my time, there were already lots of subjects to learn about.. Not even enough time to revise & do the homework.. Or was it just my school..

Parents have the right to be worried about their children's lifestyle. Every family has their own healthy belief/lifestyle.

..ok whatever. I dont have any kids, but i think i would not like it if some teachers teach something like that.. Whatever, everybody has their own opinion. Bye

Well then, maybe depends on the syllabus content.. But yeah, for me this is not a core/essential subject.. if they already teach about respect & not to do bad things.. If the content is more like "it's ok to be gay so let's be gay", err i would want to opt out maybe..

Since it's ok to not want to be gay.. Many people dont have anything against gay people anyway.. Just please dont shove it to my face..that's it.

Sorry for blabbering. I think i kinda tired & upset today, so not much energy to write beautiful sentences.. Certainly not wanting to argue with anyone.. It's just a mere opinion of mine.. I dont hate lgbt people themselvew, i just dislike the 'propaganda' (ok dunno more suitable word).

I'm just shocked to see people blaming these parents too much.. They have their own belief & lifestyle.. It's their kids anyway, why should we bother.. It's not like they abusing them anyway (oh and please dont twist their choice as "abuse".. No accusation please..)

(Ok sorry for blabbering.. A bit tired.. Please forgive me if my words hurt you in any way.. I didnt mean it..)

I’m all for children learning that the default heterosexual relationship is not the only valid form of relationship out there. Especially at the age where children are developing sexually and are starting to think about their own sexual identity. I remember thinking I was a lesbian when I was 12 and feeling incredibly torn up about it because non-straight people were made fun of and called names.
Then, when I had sex ed at school at age 13, I learned that it’s not weird to question your sexuality and that sexuality can be fluid and is not at all set in stone. More importantly, I learned that not being straight is not wrong. They didn’t tell us to go out and be gay, they just sent the message that you should take your time figuring things out and not be judgmental of those with different preferences to your own. It made me comfortable in figuring out who I am, at my own pace. It took me another decade to feel comfortable in my own skin as a bisexual woman, but I think it would’ve been a lot harder if I hadn’t had those lessons in school.

Why are kids being introduced to gay marriage at such a young age? This is totally unsat. I am not homophobic, but I don't believe that gay marriage should be supported or allowed. As a Christian, I do not approve of gay marriage. I believe that we should love and be kind to gay people, but realize that their homosexuality does NOT define them. It is simply a sin that they have fallen into. So, we should love the person, but not their sin. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to make my point.

Sure, kids can know about gay marriage, but they shouldn't be taught to encourage it or support it. Portraying sin in a positive light will have a negative impact on these children's mindsets.

We don't live in a theocracy. All people should be allowed to get married.

And if you want to call gay people "sinful" within your own church, go right ahead. But don't expect the rest of the world, including schools, to march in step with your prejudices.

A few months ago, my six-year-old niece was told by her teacher not to use the word "vagina" because, the teacher said, it's a dirty word. So now my niece has learned that her vagina is shameful.

I wonder how the world would change if we stopped teaching kids that sex is a naughty, dirty secret. And if they were to learn about homosexuality early on, maybe more gay teens wouldn't end up with depression and anxiety.

As for the Muslims, if the school were holding an event about Islam, you wouldn't hear a peep out of them (although Christians would of course howl themselves hoarse).

New Threads

Top Bottom