• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Muslim parents threaten to keep kids off school in protests against ‘gay relationship lessons’...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

'BRAINWASHING': Muslim parents threaten to keep kids off school ‘indefinitely’ in fresh protests against ‘gay relationship lessons’ – but school won’t back down

Parents staged a fresh protest outside the Birmingham school and are furious with gay assistant headteacher Andrew Moffatt's new project

MUSLIM parents have today threatened to remove their kids from class “indefinitely” in protest at lessons teaching pupils about gay relationships.

Furious mums and dads held fresh protests outside Parkfield Community School in Birmingham after they took 600 kids home last week.

NINTCHDBPICT000474294346.jpg

Around 200 parents and kids protested outside the school in Birmingham this morning

NINTCHDBPICT000474294422.jpg

Parents have threatened to remove their children from class "indefinitely"

The parents have hit out at gay assistant headteacher Andrew Moffatt’s “No Outsiders” project, claiming it is “brainwashing” children as young as four.

The school has refused to axe the LGBT awareness programme and says it will relaunch after the Easter break.

More than 200 parents and kids today protested outside the school over the syllabus and waved banners saying "Exploiting Children's Innocence".

Parkfield - rated outstanding by Ofsted - offers five lessons a year covering age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.

NOT A MUSLIM ISSUE
Mariam Ahmed, 31, has a four-year-old daughter in reception and launched the parents’ first petition against No Outsiders in January.

She said: “This is not a Muslim issue. We have been supported by Jews and Christians over this.

“They are trying to radicalise and reengineer our beliefs and they’re saying if you don’t support us, then you must be a homophobe and you must be a radical.

“It’s just not true. If we had a thing against being gay then we would have campaigned when Mr Moffatt was appointed four years ago.

“His only focus is on gender reassignment and homosexuality, that’s all the guy is focusing on.

“He is bringing gay celebrities into assembly, and showing pupils pictures of his partner. There was a gay author brought in during World Book Day.

“That is all he is focused on and it is completely unnecessary. It is overload.

“We have no issue with Mr Moffatt as a person at all. He’s homosexual, that’s fine. We don’t have an issue with that. But his sex life needs to be left in his bedroom."

PUTTING IDEAS IN HEADS
She added: “If he was heterosexual and went into a primary school class and said ‘I like women’, ‘have a look at my wife’, then the police would be called in a jiffy.

“He is bringing his personal life to work, telling kids in the corridor that it is okay to be gay. It’s putting ideas in heads.

“They have turned this into a row about homophobia. But being against this programme doesn’t mean we are anti-gay.

Parents have vowed to stage multiple future protests until the school agrees to scrap the lessons permanently.

A Birmingham lawyer whose child attends the school is helping to orchestrate the campaign.

He said: “It is not about religion, it is about parental choice. The school is sexualising children who still believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas.

"We are not against gay rights but we are against not being consulted over this.

“The Equalities Act can be taught in other ways. This is just a way for Mr Moffatt to push forward his own toxic programme.”

Community activist Javed Iqbal, 50, is helping to organise the protests and said: "I think it is disgusting. Children are having to suffer and witness these scenes at such a young age."

Hazel Pulley, Chief Executive of Excelsior Multi Academy Trust which runs the school, said: "The lessons are there for after Easter. Equalities education will continue."

NINTCHDBPICT0004656062211.jpg

Parents have hit out at gay assistant headteacher Andrew Moffatt’s “No Outsiders” project

NINTCHDBPICT000474294430.jpg

Parents have said it is not a "Muslim issue" but instead accused the school of trying to "radicalise their children's beliefs"

NINTCHDBPICT000474294421.jpg

Last week the parents took 600 children home from school

Source: Muslim parents will keep kids off school due to 'gay relationship lessons'

Homophobes have no clue they make their gay kids suffer in silence and that they cant control their kids gender and sexuality no matter how hard they try.

Those kids will end up just like their parents if they don't get informed about this type of subjects. Following "gay relationship lessons" doesn't mean you instantly become gay or something. A little bit of extra knowledge is always useful.

People with strong religious conviction tend to turn a blind eye to the biology of the human experience. Teaching about "all inclusive" society scares those who see anything out of the standard norm to be unacceptable, shameful, and worthy of punishment. Seeing a rack of candy does not make you a diabetic. Sitting next to a smart kid in school doesn't make you smart. People who are themselves tolerated should not combat efforts to extend tolerance. It's short-sighted, self-centered, and ignorant. Schools should remain progressive. You can't rely on parents to address delicate topics in the home. The youth have the right to know because it all affects them in one way or another.

This is not about youth - read and you will see that many of the parents are of young children and it is disgusting the way they are being sexualised at a young age, even learning how to give oral sex at 6-7 I have heard. I would no more put a child of mine in the school system as fly (I did actually home educate).

I am so pleased that I grew up in saner times otherwise I would have been encouraged to think of myself as gay as i had a crush on an older girl which is a perfectly normal part of growing up. The world is mad.

If they don't like it then they know where the airport is don't they!
Funny they're the first to cry the intolerance card when it suits them.

It's different when their grooming gangs are sexualising young British girls!
Knowledge is power. A little knowledge about modern day society isn't going to turn a child gay. I learned woodwork in school but I didn't become a carpenter.

Those who are always complaining about lack of tolerance and understanding, if they don't like the British way of life then go and live elsewhere.
They make me puke!

I’m sure there are many other schools in the area the children could attend that don’t offer that (alleged) “toxic programme”

I believe lesson plans have to be submitted way in advance by teachers and tutors.
It would have been nipped in the bud at that stage of planning if it was thought to be inappropriate, surely?

Personally I find this type of argument to be both silly and hypocritical. A poor attempt to mask those who just want to shamelessly enforce their religious dogma on everyone else.

Children born and raised in a heterosexual environment are eye witnesses to the pairing of men and women. Which can involve observing deep friendship and courtship. Does this escalate to a child seeing their parents or guardians having explicit sexual relations? Of course not.

So what if a young child witnesses or hears about the pairing of two persons of the same sex? The process would be no different. Sexual orientation itself has no preference in terms of gay or straight people in terms of how they relate to one another beyond mere friendship.

In any truly secular society, if parents want their children to be indoctrinated in accordance with their religious beliefs, it should be incumbent on them to seek religious schooling elsewhere rather than to impose their religious intolerance and prejudice within in a public school system.

Last edited:
Why are kids being introduced to gay marriage at such a young age? This is totally unsat. I am not homophobic, but I don't believe that gay marriage should be supported or allowed. As a Christian, I do not approve of gay marriage. I believe that we should love and be kind to gay people, but realize that their homosexuality does NOT define them. It is simply a sin that they have fallen into. So, we should love the person, but not their sin. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to make my point.

Sure, kids can know about gay marriage, but they shouldn't be taught to encourage it or support it. Portraying sin in a positive light will have a negative impact on these children's mindsets.

l grew up in a openly gay city. It opened my mind that people are people despite their sexual orientation. My daughter went through some gender issues and l supported her on her journey. Being a child growing up is no piece of cake, they encounter so many messages they must decipher and convert to a belief system, yet our usage of social media has grown and they have more information to wade through and decide upon. Any child can surf on his phone and totally research anything, and parents really think that removing them from school will prevent them from being exposed?

Why are kids being introduced to gay marriage at such a young age? This is totally unsat. I am not homophobic, but I don't believe that gay marriage should be supported or allowed. As a Christian, I do not approve of gay marriage. I believe that we should love and be kind to gay people, but realize that their homosexuality does NOT define them. It is simply a sin that they have fallen into. So, we should love the person, but not their sin. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to make my point.

Sure, kids can know about gay marriage, but they shouldn't be taught to encourage it or support it. Portraying sin in a positive light will have a negative impact on these children's mindsets.

It's not even a religious thing. Youre practicing discrimination out of fear of hell and being misguided.

The bible doesn't specify being gay is a sin. Sodom and gomorrah have sinned because they wanted 'angel flesh/foreign flesh' which can mean disrespect to the holy beings. Some priests interpret it wrongly while other priests dont condemn being gay.

You can deny other people's reality and science and choose to be in your own world, because through some miracle that's allowed and you wont be diagnosed as schizophrenic, because it's quite common to follow religious beliefs blindly, but that doesn't mean you are putting thought and consideration for others and leaving the past practices behind to accept that science and psychology now knows more and most ancient ancient rituals of people around the globe hold no water.

While kids will see couples, and mom and dad, there will be nothing wrong with them seeing gay couples because finding someone to love is a good thing that happens to nearly everyone at some point and seeing people get together for such purposes isnt detrimental to a child, neither having gay people as parents, if you want to talk real things, psychology.

Up to the age of 12 youre supposed to teach your child about sex and pregnancy as well as means of protection from pregnancy and STDs. Even if it seems shameful to the child, its a serious talk which they need their parents to teach them so they wont go out in the unknown with thirst and curiosity to find what you couldn't handle telling them because of fear or shame. And find it the hard way. Same about drugs and smoking. You dont just say its sinning, you should tell them what happens and the real consequences that they can understand not imaginary religious things that they may not care about for a one time try. And that praying to god wont keep you safe from pregnancy, even if youre married but contraception works.

Last edited:
I think it's more about such a focus on sex for young children?
That's what I got out of it. I don't think young children are equipped to deal with complex issues like anomolous sexuality in primary school. We are talking very, young children.

Honestly do you guys even have children? It's like everyone is so caught up in politics they don't even stop to think about what children need. They don't need to think about people's sex lives in early primary school.

I have 7 children and I would have hated for some PC agendaed, overly focused on sex and gender, no matter if it's anomalous sex and gender ANYONE to make my small children think about that stuff.

One of my kids IS gay and non binary and they ALL get plenty of exposure to stuff as it is, but as little kid's? Let them be kid's, let them ask questions when they are ready, I guarantee it won't be at age 4 (as mentioned in the article) when they want and need to know about any adult's sex lives, let alone anomalous sexuality and gender issues.

I'm SO OVER children being sexualized and/or dragged into politics.

The kids in the images look old enough to understand simple concepts such as anatomy and that sometimes girls like girls, or boys like boys, if they understand math. And its better they learn the right lesson before they get the shock of exposure or get weirded out and make fun of gays, or impregnated by some kid/adult [but all they did show was a gay male's partner, how is that exposure? Right, they oughtta live believing in Santa and that they are wrong if they so happen to have a crush on a guy, and right if some adult touches them in inappropriate ways, while mommy never hugs daddy and they're roommates cause then thats too weird if people get married].

It would be a good bet to say that more than half of those muslims', christians' and jews' primary reason is religion. The other reasons sound like poor excuses.

I'm childless by choice, would you say that impairs my ability to know what would be the best for myself or others as a child, or that the experience where parents often interpret things wrongly and make mistakes is more valuable than actual professional knowledge? Mothers/fathers as instinctive beings often go wrong.

Last edited:
I believed in giving my daughter choices and helping her feel independent, and giving her information to make informed choices. l believe that was my strength as a parent. I presented her choices at a early age, so that it is ingrained in her psyche, in the hopes that she will not allow anyone to abuse her and in doing so, take away her choices in her lifetime.

While I don't know if kids will even understand what is going on at this age, I think that both sides should be shown - present both homosexual and heterosexual families and I bet things will turn out okay, perhaps have guest teachers for this sort of thing.
I think this could wait for later in life though, so they can have a better understanding of moral balance.
And if you're counting on a school to teach morality to your kids you're a failure as a parent, that's your primary duty don't fob it off on religion or school to do your job, these are tools to help you do this.

As a Christian, I only believe that homosexuality is a sin once the "sex" part of it starts happening.

So, in other words, it is not a sin to be a gay person, but it is a sin to have gay sex.

I just generally don't understand how this could be "sexualizing kids" at all.

The people protesting these lessons are just making an excuse to be homophobic, and that's that. There is no reason why a substitute teacher would try and force everything about his personal life and relationships on the kids, which is why he is teaching lessons about acceptance.

In other words, these people are stupid.

Living gay people don't have to be a sexual topic. Its not the same thing as gay sex.

If its ok to be gay should be ok to get married and have the same rights in religion, the state, and sexual needs and preferences so long as its consensual.

Why would you or the pope or anyone mind gay business if you cant seem to understand why it exists or empathize with gays like you do with your own rights. Oh right, that's why. Many discriminatory people dont feel like they are, but they undoubtedly practice discrimination.

Tell me how is that fair your urges are right but gay urges arent and they have to try to get it up with women which will never work. Are gays punished for no reason?

Why not give everyone the same nature if being gay is healthy. Why does religion say its bad if its healthy? Its the same as some religious folk condemning masturbation. Maybe an african tribe can tell us why poking holes in their nose is good, and fends off evil, then. I have nothing to say to that except: common religious hoax people have been making up for a very long time. With the knowledge and history we have, we can accurately say people are predictable.

New Threads

Top Bottom