• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Muslim parents threaten to keep kids off school in protests against ‘gay relationship lessons’...

While I don't know if kids will even understand what is going on at this age, I think that both sides should be shown - present both homosexual and heterosexual families and I bet things will turn out okay, perhaps have guest teachers for this sort of thing.
I think this could wait for later in life though, so they can have a better understanding of moral balance.
And if you're counting on a school to teach morality to your kids you're a failure as a parent, that's your primary duty don't fob it off on religion or school to do your job, these are tools to help you do this.
Actually, I agree with this. Most kids will be unable to understand.

Parents have a right to homeschool their kids

In North America, yes. Not everywhere, though.

The topic of LGBTQQxyz falls under "morals and values", which IMHO it's the parents' responsibility to teach that at home.

Children are bullied much more often for glasses, the outfits they wear, and even freckles, so bullying is not an excuse for the public school system to impose their opinions on the sexual spectrum onto pupils.

OTOH, I was bullied in school by being called "gay". Turns out that I'm straight (surprise!). I did question my sexual orientation when reaching puberty, and thought that I might be gay due to the bullying. When I realized I had no same sex attractions, I crossed that off and moved onto other things. I do support anti-bullying policies, and zero tolerance to bullying since it can have serious and detrimental effects on the victims (especially if they're on the Autism or other mental health spectrums).

That said, I do have a strong opinion on the topic. I pay property tax so that my children can attend publicly funded schools. Schools need to be a safe place for children, not a place for the government to brainwash them. I do believe in the right to homeschool, but also the right to access to publicly funded schools. Otherwise, don't charge me property tax and I'll pay private school tuition. Or charge me property tax, I'll pay the tuition and then reimburse me and don't tell the school what morals and values to impose on my children.

Homophobes have no clue they make their gay kids suffer in silence and that they cant control their kids gender and sexuality no matter how hard they try.

When all else fails (like your argument, assuming you even have one) just call those you disagree with silly, insulting names like "homophobe". Sure, that will convince people you are on to something there (not!).

Last edited:
"But his sex life needs to be left in his bedroom."

Exactly! Why do CHILDREN need to know about things like this? Shouldn't they instead be concentrating on learning how to read, write and count? Can anyone who supports the teacher in this dispute address these questions, or am I just being a "homophobe" for even bringing them up?! I don't often agree with Muslims, but this time they are absolutely right. This agenda pushing just has to stop. Children this young just don't need to know about any of this crap! Let them be children, as one of the signs in one of the photos proclaims.

The people protesting these lessons are just making an excuse to be homophobic, and that's that.

No, they are protesting because they are concerned about their children being force-fed a politically-correct dogma by people with a clear agenda to push. Why on Earth would children need to know about things which would not even enter their minds until they were much older, if not for people like the 'teacher' in this story?

There is no reason why a substitute teacher would try and force everything about his personal life and relationships on the kids, which is why he is teaching lessons about acceptance.

How do you know this will not happen? This isn't about "acceptance", it's about the promotion of a political agenda.

In other words, these people are stupid.

Yes, because as we all know, ad hominem attacks work so well in showing how right (and righteous) the one making them is.

To be clear the education programme being protested is not sex education, it is not about sex at all.
The project being protested is a pack of childrens books such as "And Tango Makes Three", a story about two gay penguins who adopt a chick with the help of a zookeeper (and is the most adorable book I ever read to my little cousin, I recommend it to anyone with young children, especially since you can talk about the true story behind the book and stories about other gay penguins adopting chicks at other zoos), and "Mommy, Mama and Me" a book about a day in the life of a toddler and its two mums. The "sexualising children" and "they're too young to understand" arguments are strawmen.

Last edited:
No, they are protesting because they are concerned about their children being force-fed a politically-correct dogma by people with a clear agenda to push. Why on Earth would children need to know about things which would not even enter their minds until they were much older, if not for people like the 'teacher' in this story?

How do you know this will not happen? This isn't about "acceptance", it's about the promotion of a political agenda.

Yes, because as we all know, ad hominem attacks work so well in showing how right (and righteous) the one making them is.
Wrong on so many levels. They aren't being force-fed anything political at all. These lessons are about acceptance. What do you think Black History Month in the US is about? It's about acceptance. Are you saying that teaching children to be kind to everybody is pushing some kind of agenda? No. Also, as @NothingToSeeHere said, this isn't even sex ed.

When all else fails (like your argument, assuming you even have one) just call those you disagree with silly, insulting names like "homophobe". Sure, that will convince people you are on to something there (not!).

Exactly! Why do CHILDREN need to know about things like this? Shouldn't they instead be concentrating on learning how to read, write and count? Can anyone who supports the teacher in this dispute address these questions, or am I just being a "homophobe" for even bringing them up?! I don't often agree with Muslims, but this time they are absolutely right. This agenda pushing just has to stop. Children this young just don't need to know about any of this crap! Let them be children, as one of the signs in one of the photos proclaims.
Children need to know this so that they accept one another despite differences. And, also, homophobe ain't an insult if it's true.

Children need to know this so that they accept one another despite differences.

Yes, I'm all for accepting the characteristics of others that cannot be changed, because they are an integral part of who or what they are (ex. their interests, talents, skin colour, age - whatever). Now answer this for me - how many children do you know who go around proclaiming they are 'straight' or 'gay'? The correct answer should be zero, because at that age people are just not interested in sex! At that age they also don't care about things like 'identity politics', unless of course these things are foisted upon them by well-meaning, but sinister, adults.

And, also, homophobe ain't an insult if it's true.

It actually is an insult, because it's not true, but all of this is beside the point, the point being that one doesn't convince others (or win a debate) by calling the one you disagree with a stupid, meaningless name. That's something that five-year-olds do in the playground.

While giving people a label can be useful for comparing, and analysis.
It does have a dehumanizing effect - something often used in debate and propaganda.
Don't like what someone says, label them a Nazi, an Extremist, a X-phobe doesn't matter it's just a technique for dehumanizing and invalidating someone's argument no matter if their argument is correct or not - the more sensational the more effective.
Ignore the label, look at the argument.

I fail in this just like just about everybody else.
Just remember it, and do your best to apply it.
Look at things from multiple angles - as the saying goes "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes"

Yes, I'm all for accepting the characteristics of others that cannot be changed, because they are an integral part of who or what they are (ex. their interests, talents, skin colour, age - whatever). Now answer this for me - how many children do you know who go around proclaiming they are 'straight' or 'gay'? The correct answer should be zero, because at that age people are just not interested in sex! At that age they also don't care about things like 'identity politics', unless of course these things are foisted upon them by well-meaning, but sinister, adults.
This is not identity politics. This is also not about sex. This essentially just about teaching kids not to be jerks to others due to minor differences between each other. Please explain how it is sinister. I am confused.
It actually is an insult, because it's not true, but all of this is beside the point, the point being that one doesn't convince others (or win a debate) by calling the one you disagree with a stupid, meaningless name. That's something that five-year-olds do in the playground.
Well, if one does not want to be called homophobic, they wouldn't say something that's homophobic, right? You are aware that due to saying something homophobic, the protesters got called homophobic, right? Notice a pattern here?

What the devil is "black history month"?

"The story of Black History Month begins in Chicago during the summer of 1915. An alumnus of the University of Chicago with many friends in the city, Carter G. Woodson traveled from Washington, D.C. to participate in a national celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of emancipation sponsored by the state of Illinois."
additional information at
https://asalh.org/about-us/origins-of-black-history-month/

Black History Month - Wikipedia
https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month

This is not identity politics. This is also not about sex. This essentially just about teaching kids not to be jerks to others due to minor differences between each other. Please explain how it is sinister. I am confused.

Yes, actually it is identity politics, and I'm confused by your confusion. I explained myself clearly enough. Did you know (when they are not exposed to the biases that adults often have against those who are in any way different), that children tend to naturally be accepting of others around the age of circa three to six? They don't need to be told to be accepting, because they already are.

Well, if one does not want to be called homophobic, they wouldn't say something that's homophobic, right?

Who gets to decide what is, or is not, "homophobic"? People like you? The morality police? The government? The dictionary?

You are aware that due to saying something homophobic, the protesters got called homophobic, right? Notice a pattern here?

No, because you haven't even defined what the term "homophobia" means. A phobia is a fear (of something, someone, a certain situation etc.). I don't fear homosexuals, but I do wish they would just keep it to themselves...I will say that I do not want to see anyone kissing ...Sex is for the bedroom, not the streets.

I think it's more about such a focus on sex for young children?
That's what I got out of it. I don't think young children are equipped to deal with complex issues like anomolous sexuality in primary school. We are talking very, young children.

Honestly do you guys even have children? It's like everyone is so caught up in politics they don't even stop to think about what children need. They don't need to think about people's sex lives in early primary school.

I have 7 children and I would have hated for some PC agendaed, overly focused on sex and gender, no matter if it's anomalous sex and gender ANYONE to make my small children think about that stuff.

One of my kids IS gay and non binary and they ALL get plenty of exposure to stuff as it is, but as little kid's? Let them be kid's, let them ask questions when they are ready, I guarantee it won't be at age 4 (as mentioned in the article) when they want and need to know about any adult's sex lives, let alone anomalous sexuality and gender issues.

I'm SO OVER children being sexualized and/or dragged into politics.
They're not being taught about gay sex, they're being taught that some guys are attracted to other guys instead of girls, some girls are attracted to other girls instead of guys, and that some guys/girls are somewhere in between.

I had to teach my daughter at age 5 that certain areas of her body should not be touched by anyone or she should let someone know. She understood. As she turned teen and a guy tried to attack her, she pushed him off and got him to back off. Later she told me she thought l was overdoing it but after that happened, she had pure respect for me. So my point is that little minds can grasp concepts.

New Threads

Top Bottom