• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies you can watch repeatedly and never grow old.

Things from my childhood for nostalgia. Ocassionally I like stuff that comes out now, but I mostly look to my past and before I was born c:

There have been a few I've watched more than once.
Somewhere in Time
Star Trek movies
A Caveman's Valentine
Smokey and The Bandit
The Hobbit movies
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Predator
The Terminator movies
Harold and Kumar shows
others I can't think of right now.

Pulp Fiction. Get Shorty, Jackie Brown. Horrible Bosses. Drag me to Hell. I really like certain actors and will rewatch their movies too. Film Noir movies. Foreign films.

The Lord of the Rings
Ravenous
The Wicker Man
(original version)
Happy Gilmore
The Breakfast Club
Kingpin
Sideways
This is Spinal Tap
Mulholland Drive
Lost Highway
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Blue Velvet
Rushmore
Point Break
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Do the Right Thing
Unfaithfully Yours
The Lady Eve
Bad Education
Ghost World
Art School Confidential
Stop Making Sense
Manufacturing Consent

I tend to rewatch.

The Lord of the Rings
Ravenous
The Wicker Man
(original version)
Happy Gilmore
The Breakfast Club
Kingpin
Sideways
This is Spinal Tap
Mulholland Drive
Lost Highway
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Blue Velvet
Rushmore
Point Break
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Do the Right Thing
Unfaithfully Yours
The Lady Eve
Bad Education
Ghost World
Art School Confidential
Stop Making Sense
Manufacturing Consent

I tend to rewatch.
Happy Gilmore is one of my favorites too lol, I think I have watched it at least 4 times.

Happy Gilmore is one of my favorites too lol, I think I have watched it at least 4 times.

In junior high my brother and I watched it every night for a week. And I've seen it many times since.

We also used to watch The Good Son with Macaulay Culkin over and over. That made us laugh a lot, just because it was dark but kind of over the top.

The Good Son (1993) - IMDb

In junior high my brother and I watched it every night for a week. And I've seen it many times since.

We also used to watch The Good Son with Macaulay Culkin over and over. That made us laugh a lot, just because it was dark but kind of over the top.

I think the first time I ever saw it was on one of those portable DVD players, with my cousin, when we were teenagers. It has since been one of my go-to movies to watch when I have friends over.

I have actually never seen The Good Son but sometimes things that are dark and over the top make me laugh as well (as long as they're not gory.)

I've always purchased a DVD on the premise that I'd definitely watch whatever film or tv show again. And again. And again after that. Certainly I agree that any really good film you enjoy is worth seeing again.

I stopped counting how many different titles I have around a number somewhere between 375 to 400. So it's uh....a tad impractical to consider listing them all.

Though as a kid long before there was any kind of consumer level record-able video, for many years I kept track of one single title. The film I thought I had seen more than any other title. Not any kind of blockbuster, but a typical science fiction movie of the 50s called "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms". I stopped keeping track around the 26th time I recall seeing it. Of course I have had it on DVD since 2007. Always loved all the films involving Ray Harryhausen who did all those stop-action animations over the years.

Ironically at this point in my life I'm quite confident that there are other titles I have seen well more than 26 times. My bad! ;)

Last edited:
Band of Brothers.
Animated Star Wars clone wars 2005.
The Prince of Egypt. Truly beautiful that one.

Band of Brothers.
Seems each time that shows up on the air that I'm like a "deer in the headlights". Where I have to stop and see whatever episodes are left, even if it means watching all day and all night.

And yes, all while I have the DVD set where I could watch it any time I wanted. I know, it's nuts. :cool:

Though it still amazes me to learn just how many actors portrayed in E company are actually Brits and not Americans.

I love to see that one scene over and over again where Andy Dufresne crawls out of that long sewer into freedom. :cool:
I can't even count how many times I've seen the ending but not the beginning, because I will see that it's playing on TV and just watch from wherever it is to the end.

Napoleon Dynamite
The Neverending Story
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Cinderella
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Sword in the Stone

Last edited: