• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies about Asperger's Syndrome

RayRay28

I was drawn to this movie that didn't have any kind of description to it, It just had a man and a woman sitting on the steps of a house, outside. It was called "Adam". I looked it up and it is about a man with Asperger's Syndrome! I watched it and it was so good! I could relate to so much of it! I suggest that if you can find it, you have got to watch it.

What other movies are there about Asperger's Syndrome? Are there any on netflix?

Did like the movie. The only thing I give away for the movie that he does lose his job. Reminds me what happen to me when I lost my job earlier this year.

I'm going to watch it the coming week as today I already have a movie to watch. But it has aroused my interest.

The story of Luke Netflix
Great flick, some questionable parts for kids.

Mary and Max Netflix
Great movie, spoiler------ sad ending
Clay animation movie, one frame does show a naked Max, also Max has intense meltdowns.

The Boy who could fly. ?
Wonderful old school.

Parenthood is a good tv show with an aspie juvenile. Netflix

Of course, Rain man. ?

The story of Luke Netflix
Great flick, some questionable parts for kids.

Mary and Max Netflix
Great movie, spoiler------ sad ending
Clay animation movie, one frame does show a naked Max, also Max has intense meltdowns.

The Boy who could fly. ?
Wonderful old school.

Parenthood is a good tv show with an aspie juvenile. Netflix

Of course, Rain man. ?

Some of the movies I found free to watch online

The story of Luke
The.Story.of.Luke.2012.HDRip.XviD.AQOSasdasdas.flv.flv - DivxStage

Mary and Max Netflix
Watch Mary and Max Online Free Putlocker | Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

Some of the movies I found in this thread I Google the name of the movie and end the search with the word online. It does takes time to find free stuff. However, for the free sites or unknown paid sites, I never will install software to watch videos online. If the video can't play the movie without Flash or HTML5, I will not watch the movie online.

It's been suggested that Nell was a movie about an autistic woman rather than a little girl who raised herself in the woods. Eh, it's one of my favorites and I did identify with her a lot.

It's been suggested that Nell was a movie about an autistic woman rather than a little girl who raised herself in the woods. Eh, it's one of my favorites and I did identify with her a lot.
Anyone wants to watch this movie movie can view it below

I'm almost done watching The story of Luke and found it is a good movie. I almost didn't give the movie a chance for the first 20 minutes, but 10 minutes later I started to get into the movie. The main character supervisor kind reminds me of a supervisor I use to have. I guess I'm kinda writing movie reviews as I watch each movie a person recommends here.

Oh yeah I wanted to add this movie was filmed in Canada in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. I kinda figured that as a lot of Canadian brands was shown in this movie.

Last edited:
Mozart and the Whale is a popular one, though, while I think it did a reasonably good job of portraying autistics and Aspies, it was ultimately typical rom-com fare, not my cup of tea.

Mozart and the Whale is a popular one, though, while I think it did a reasonably good job of portraying autistics and Aspies, it was ultimately typical rom-com fare, not my cup of tea.
well watching the movie right now and so far you are the winner since they said the P word in the movie. Penguin. Maybe that why you recommend this movie? Thanks :)

The fact that someone else uploaded them doesn't give us the right to watch them. Unauthorized reproduction, alteration, or transference of copyrighted material is illegal, period. You can try to justify it all you want, but that doesn't change the law.

Last edited:
The fact that someone else uploaded them doesn't give us the right to watch them. Unauthorized reproduction, alteration, or transference of copyrighted material is illegal, period. You can try to justify it all you want, but that doesn't change the law.
Yes but then your implying lots of content needs to be removed for other people posted copyrighted material on the site if this is a big deal to you? But let say rules change here becomes very strict, we won't be able to post much of anything.
We are not selling any material on here. I say leave it is. If this becomes a problem, the staff will get involved. But I never once provide any links of downloading material in torrents or any form of illegal sites. I only shared content from streaming services that many other people have done the same thing with other posts.

Downloading is illegal, but my understanding is that streaming is fair game and whatever repercussions there are are on the host, not the viewer. Please steer the thread back on topic.

Mozart and the Whale is the 3rd movie I watched last night that recommend in the list. It was my favorite movie to date. Well worth the watch.

Mozart and the Whale is the 3rd movie I watched last night that recommend in the list. It was my favorite movie to date. Well worth the watch.

I think what I liked the most about that movie was how they took the effort to show a variety of traits and behaviors among people with ASD. Not one character really seemed quite like the other.

I have finished watching Nell and found it is a really well done movie. This is a different movie than the others since most of the movie takes place in the woods. I see the director put into a lot of thought into this movie. I hope you enjoy the movie too should you decide to watch it.

New Threads

Top Bottom