• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Monster Hunter: Valstrax the Rocket-Powered Elder Dragon

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Yes, you heard me right. A dragon that basically has jet engines on its back. How much more awesome can the MH series get mow I know that this is in Generations Ultimate?

This was not written by me.
Source: Valstrax, Monster Hunter Wiki
————​
Valstrax are Elder Dragons introduced in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Physiology
Valstrax is a slender Elder Dragon covered in gleaming silver scales. Its most notable feature is its wings, which have fused into a trident-like structure. Its back is lined with fin-like projections. Its head has a small crest and its eyes are blue. Its chest has three horizontal gaps that are used to take in and pressurize air like a jet engine.

Abilities
Valstrax flies at high speed by discharging Dragon Element energy from its wings. It can manipulate the alignment and shape of its wings to vary the attacks it uses. It’s base form where the wings are in their normal position, Valstrax will commonly lunge forward and swipe at hunters with it’s front claws or try to take a bite at them. Once the hunter has reached a decent distance however it will rear back one of it’s wings before sending one of it’s razor tipped ends rocketing towards the hunter, the trident formation collapsing down and connecting at the ends to form a jagged spear. It can add two more moves to this attack, ending it with a spin while the blade is still outstretched or sending forth it’s other spear wing after retracting the first. It can also jam the trident tipped appendages into the ground and rip up some dirt along with the hunter. Lastly it is able to ready it’s wings after a very short charge time and rocket towards the hunter, usually ending in a deadly spin upon landing again. Very similar to a Rathalos’s strafe flight, albeit much quicker.

The other form that the wings will lock into place is when they turn to where the jet engines are facing the front of the monster, turning the engines towards the ground until it is facing the proper direction. In this form the wings are able to lash out like a massive claw, slam the claw down into the ground as if it’s a giant palm, and Valstrax can ignite the tips of his wings to add dragonblight to these attacks as well as dealing additional damage. While in this form he is also able to condense his dragon energy into explosive homing projectiles that he will fire out of his six appendages after readying into a stance. He can also fire these blasts simultaneously into the ground to give him some more room from the hunter. He will switch back into his base form either by simply folding them back naturally, or he can perform a frontflip with his wings ignited to deal damage to the hunter and go back to his base form.

His final elder dragon ultimate ability is called “Around the world.” Valstrax opens his chest intake to the fullest, sucking in as much air as possible before hopping up with a small blast and then rocketing off into the horizon. Here he will become enveloped with crimson dragon energy, becoming the red comet once more. After circling behind the hunter (or where the hunter’s back was originally facing during take off), Valstrax will do a loop in the air as he breaks the sound barrier before hurtling himself down as a fiery ball of deadly draconic energy. Afterwords he will be tuckered out for some time, allowing for retaliation. But not for long.

Habitat
Valstrax is a largely nomadic monster and can be found in a wide range of environments, though it has not been spotted in volcanic environments. It is most commonly associated with the Ruined Pinnacle.

Etymology
Valstrax's name comes from a combination of the English word, Valor, and the Japanese word for falcon, Farukon (Japanese ファルコン).

Notes
  • Valstrax is one of the two flagship monsters of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the other being Bloodbath Diablos.
  • While in Rage Mode, Valstrax will begin venting excessive amounts of its exhaust from its wings, head, and chest, causing those parts to take no elemental damage. It will also use attacks that inflict Dragonblight more aggressively.
  • Valstrax's attacks with its wings vary depending on the state its wings are in. While facing forward, it can attack using incredibly fast charges, 'punches' (with a long range that also extends further whilst in Rage Mode), and even, occasionally, a unique attack where it rockets off into the sky, flying around to find an angle behind a hunter, and then crashes into its target. Conversely, while facing backward, Valstrax attacks using slams, charged blasts, and missiles from a long range. It should be noted, however, that Valstrax can switch between these 'wing modes' at will, and will attempt to combo certain attacks from these modes.
    • During Rage Mode, many of Valstrax's attacks with its wings will inflict Dragonblight due to the excessive amounts of exhaust being vented from its wings, making its wing slams and slashes more dangerous due to this.
  • Like the Stygian Zinogre, a number of Valstrax's attacks can consistently inflict Dragonblight, especially during Rage Mode. In such a similar situation, it'd be wise to pack Nulberries, Blight Resistance, or, despite its Elemental weaknesses, use a Raw weapon to subvert the high consistency of Dragonblight affliction.
  • Valstrax's front claws, back, chest, head, and wings can be broken. Its tail can also be cut off.
  • The Valstrax Blademaster weapons have unusual Sharpness gauges that consist of only white and red levels.
  • Valstrax's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
  • If Valstrax's chest is staggered while it is taking in air, it will fall over and drop a shiny.
  • Valstrax does not have to be fought at all in its first fightable encounter.
    • Strangely, Valstrax's theme does not play in this sequence, only the regular Marshlands theme.

latest

latest

You know it's a good game when it has a ROCKET POWERED DRAGON in it.

Also, here is some vids of it (none of these are mine, obviously):

In conclusion: F-16 fighter jet, but it's a dragon this time.

Ahhh, Monster Hunter.... here's a series I havent played in ages. Used to group up with friends alot, back in the PSP days... so long ago.

I've wondered about the current one. Problem: I really, really dislike multiplayer. All that social anxiety and too many online jerks. Dunno how this game would be for solo play... the older games usually gated off quite alot of content by making it nigh-impossible for solo players to clear many missions. So I've been really reluctant to pick this up.

Ahhh, Monster Hunter.... here's a series I havent played in ages. Used to group up with friends alot, back in the PSP days... so long ago.

I've wondered about the current one. Problem: I really, really dislike multiplayer. All that social anxiety and too many online jerks. Dunno how this game would be for solo play... the older games usually gated off quite alot of content by making it nigh-impossible for solo players to clear many missions. So I've been really reluctant to pick this up.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations, and MH Generations Ultimate doesn't have built-in voice chat. Most people just voice chat with their buddies over Discord or Skype or something as they play MH together nowadays, making even MH World's in-game VoIP (because it is a XBox One/PS4/PC game) kinda pointless. Plus you can have a private lobby, as well. Also, if you get to high-rank village quests and complete a bunch of those and then grind them for gear, you can complete the guild hall quests solo. And each of them in, like, 10 minutes or less.

Honestly at this point even a total lack of any ability to chat couldnt get me to touch multiplayer, for the most part. Too many jerks/idiots/trolls over too many years. Besides, I hate having to rely on teammates. Like, okay, that other guy COULD do his part, maybe (though they often wont).... but I can guarantee that things go my way if I simply do everything myself. That's pretty much how I approach most games. Which is probably why MH was the *only* co-op game I ever played, come to think of it, even back with the PSP.

I dont know what a VoIP is, though I assume it's something chat related?

Honestly at this point even a total lack of any ability to chat couldnt get me to touch multiplayer, for the most part. Too many jerks/idiots/trolls over too many years. Besides, I hate having to rely on teammates. Like, okay, that other guy COULD do his part, maybe (though they often wont).... but I can guarantee that things go my way if I simply do everything myself. That's pretty much how I approach most games. Which is probably why MH was the *only* co-op game I ever played, come to think of it, even back with the PSP.
The Monster Hunter community is probably one of the least toxic gaming community that you can get into. Probably the least toxic. Most 12-year-olds boys wouldn't really care about Monster Hunter, considering that there is only two varieties of firearm. Even with the introduction of MHWorld, the only MH game that 12-year-olds would play is most likely Monster Hunter Stories, which is basically a MH version of Pokemon. Most veteran Monster Hunter players like helping new players. Mostly because the game can be really hard at some points, I'm looking at you, Monoblos. You know how annoying you are when you keep impaling me from underground.

MHGU has offline mode, as well. AND A STORY. MH4U also has a story. In fact, the fourth gen of MH games were the first to have proper offline story lines. Also, Plesioth is fixed in Monster Hunter Generations. He can no longer hip check from all the way across the zone.
I dont know what a VoIP is, though I assume it's something chat related?
VoIP is voice over IP. Basically, it's fancy for voice chat.

New Threads

Top Bottom