• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Mom says 11-year-old daughter with autism attacked by teens and adults

I weeped watching this. I lived in a small port town in New Zealand, during my formative years i had knives held at my throat, been beaten badly, been stabbed, had my head split open with machete... So many fights... So much violence. When the girls mother mentioned her child mimicked the other children it brought back a lot of painful memories as that is what I also would do when younger, just trying to communicate. People Do NOT like to see them selves reflected, it can make them lash out. It breaks my heart, i can feel her confusion. My heart breaks, choked up now, sorry if this is poorly worded, hard to concentrate

I weeped watching this. I lived in a small port town in New Zealand, during my formative years i had knives held at my throat, been beaten badly, been stabbed, had my head split open with machete... So many fights... So much violence. When the girls mother mentioned her child mimicked the other children it brought back a lot of painful memories as that is what I also would do when younger, just trying to communicate. People Do NOT like to see them selves reflected, it can make them lash out. It breaks my heart, i can feel her confusion. My heart breaks, choked up now, sorry if this is poorly worded, hard to concentrate

I had hoped the machete incident was an accident.
Boys here use machetes when they work at Christmas tree farms.

I am proud of how I reacted to the machete attack.
My girlfriend at the time ex showed up with three of his mates, me and Gene had just been playing on the swings at local park having very nice relaxing sunny whimsy day. Nice day then brutal and bloody not nice day, hospital, head staples dealing with police while traumatised and off my face on morphine from having my head stapled back together. I had my nephew whom I am very close to having looked after him on and off since he was an infant, he said his first word to me ( it was "turtle" and he was smiling and it was special ) staying at my mothers. I dealt with all this shitstorm by myself and still managed to see him at my Mums to say I had bumped my head to explain why my head was shaved and I had frankenstein freaky staples all over my cranium.. etc

This recall the memory of my teenage life, but well...I think I have already get over it
Don't know what to say, but that's Human...

That's horrible what those big girls did to the 11 year old. I also feel that it was very spineless for that one mother and her friend to join in on the attack. I thought the way that I was treated my my teacher's aide in Grade 3 was bad, well it was bad but this is 100 times as bad.

Friggin unbelievable! I can't believe this can be happening especially in this day and age!!

The worst thing for me reading this is that my three year old aspie mimics everything and everyone. She has a younger brother who will be taught many forms of martial arts as he grows up, so he can always look out for his big sister.

The video is sickening.

Probation and 100 hours of community service seems unlikely to induce a change of persp. ctive in these ghastly girls. I didn't see what happened to their mom beyond a charge of aggravated rioting and that she had been released on a fifty thousand dollar bail bond. Somehow, the punishment seems insufficiently harsh.

But:

All this talk of humanity as a failed projected is unwarranted, however. We're not a project, we're a species. Just as I am not responsible for the actions of Ted Bundy, Genghis Khan, or Adolf Hitler, so "humans" are not collectively responsible for the actions of monstrous bullies.

Some people are monsters but most people are not. Of all the people in the video, how many were actually attacking the poor girl and her sister? With a population of 7 billion + a one-in-a-million level of human nastiness will happen 7,000 times. That's still 1 out of every million, but with global media and the internet, you can become aware of every mass murder, if you want to.

To conclude from such an event that the species should not exist is like concluding that we should ban aviation because a few hundred people were killed in a plane crash.

Why is it OK to smear all neurotypicals or the whole species because of the actions of a few? Is it OK that people should be suspicious of me because of Adam Lanza?

Some people suck. Condemnation of the species on that basis is irrational and unhealthy. I don't like it.

I referenced this story and its follow-up in a reading response to a story that relies on stereotypes of mentally ill people as violent. Not looking back. Will start making a works cited page soon.

From Men In Black:
Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
That's such a wonderful quote. It reminded me of a thought I had: they say that ants are dumb as individuals, but are smart as a colony. For humans, perhaps it's the opposite way around.

This is just terrible...I have no words; except that I hope the family is able to relocate to somewhere safer. Those poor girls. :(

Because unfortunately, it seems like society's declared open season on those on the spectrum...
Well according to another post in the thread some were arrested.. The problem is police consider people on the spectrum unreliable witness thereby wait until they have collected more evidence then with people who are not on the spectrum. The problem is courts don't yet have a set procedure in place to deal with people on the spectrum and in fact they don't even have a procedure for people who can't speak proper English as one can see from the Zimmerman case?

i think its some people cant accept some people are different in some ways and have to be mean to them because of it

i think its some people cant accept some people are different in some ways and have to be mean to them because of it

That seems to be true.
People will say it's ok to be 'different'----that
everybody is an individual, that everybody is different.

That's what they say.
How they behave when they encounter people
who actually aren't duplicates of themselves is
another matter.

New Threads

Top Bottom