• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Misanthropy

schadenfreude, another german word. you americans steal our german words! : O kindergarten is the same. or gedankenexperiment.

it´s funny you speak english and between that randomly a german word, but for you it´s english like the others lol. "sometimes my schadenfreude" sounds like someone messes up german with english. lol.

English is not a romance language like Spanish and Italian are. It is comprised of words from many cultures, and especially Germanic words. I don't speak German but recognize that Germans borrow a lot of English words. :)

schadenfreude, another german word. you americans steal our german words! : O kindergarten is the same. or gedankenexperiment.

it´s funny you speak english and between that randomly a german word, but for you it´s english like the others lol. "sometimes my schadenfreude" sounds like someone messes up german with english. lol.

Linguistically English is a part of Germanic language. Western specifically but also Northern.

The Norman conquerors of the Island are also known as Nortmanni, Nordmann or Northman, or Norseman. Normandy was given to and founded by Rollo I believe but memory may not serve on that to be a buffer against further invasion against Paris after the Viking sack in the 9th century. But even prior to that there's obvious migration across the channel manifesting cultural and linguistic similarities

Last edited:
English is not a romance language like Spanish and Italian are. It is comprised of words from many cultures, and especially Germanic words. I don't speak German but recognize that Germans borrow a lot of English words. :)
English has 60% of its words rooted in Latin and only 30% proto Germanic. I am counting french words that originate from Latin also as Latin. Early grammarians also used Latin grammar to help make sense of English.

This Is really offtopic tho.

to be a buffer against further invasion against Paris after the Viking sack in the 9th century.

We're very sorry about that, things got out of hand. ;) We didn't really mean to pillage half the world. Too much mead and someone dared someone and it just got out of hand. And when we first do something we do it thoroughly, no half-assing. Sorry about that world.

Last edited:

Well, I love the descriptive shorthand of Deutsch compound nouns. For instance, it is easier to say Weltschmerz than tiefe Traurigkeit über die Unzulänglichkeit der Welt. Ever read Mark Twain's essay on the German Language?

We're very sorry about that, things got out hand. ;) We didn't really mean to pillage half the world. Too much mead and someone dared someone and it just got out of hand. And when we first do something we do it thoroughly, no half-assing. Sorry about that world.

"Don't believe me? Just watch"

I have a friend who is the opposite. When the chips are down, farts rainbows and sunshine. It's inspiring and annoying at the same time. But I tell her the same thing I tell you. It's not grounded in reality. Look to nature for truth.

People are both evil AND good. Just like nature, we have the power to create and destroy. Nurture and be cruel. That's just reality. And like @Alaric593 states, it's just your attitude framing things for your own reality only.

Many people who've only seen evil through most of their lives will have a more pessimistic attitude. Conversely many who haven't had too many hardships can have a more sunny outlook. But I've also see people who've endured unthinkable tragedy over and over again, and have taken that as an opportunity to make sure it doesn't happen to others. Sure they can't change the fact that they took the crappy end of the stick. But why not take that opportunity to make it better for others. That's nature. When something is destroyed, something else is created. Like @Fino says, it's about balance. And human journey is about each person finding their place on the balance scale.

I can have a pretty pessimistic outlook too. Not just because of my past, but as an observer of humanity (and maybe having social anxiety disorder doesn't help). But man, the good stuff, the positive, always swings me the other way like a pendulum. Back and forth. Everyday. But I don't think anyone deserves evil just because some people who act on evil (mostly because that's all they've known their whole lives). I think humanity is still pretty infantile and immature species that's all.

Last edited:
Long time misanthrope here as well. It's not something that can be cleanly discussed. Obviously a lot of people put decently high stakes into humanity being worthwhile, it's important for their own ideal of self preservation.

I don't think you need to hate people to hate human nature however. Think of it like this: I love my cat, but hate its instinct to callously murder the rodents and birds in our yards. The cat holds no love for life outside of its small circle, it is incapable. Evolution has forced it into a position of permanent distrust and hostility until proven otherwise and nature provides not many opportunities for this to ever be overcome.

People are in a similar predicament. It's easy to see the good in nearly everyone. Even though it's covered by a history of blood. Even though it's restrained by an opportunistic decision making logic. Even though it's warped by ignorance and fear. But there's nothing to love about the nature of it. It's innocent people crushed under an evolutionary burden of need. Solidarity is what is felt instead. And this solidarity extends to all sentient life that is serving the same prison sentence as us.

English has lots of languages mixed in. as a person who worked Engineer as a quality, saw Japanese, words being added. living in North America, see native American, words as place names all the time.
Weird can read some of the German used in this thread, close to Dutch?

It's not fair to label all people as bad, being forgiving of their faults is always better. (to a certain extent of course)

In order to be misanthropic, you need to ignore a mountain of evidence and focus only on the negative. It's a delusion. It's entirely emotional reasoning. Balance is essential.
I sometimes feel "misantropic like' sentiments - yet it's best to avoid the trap of negaitvitiy becoming a "self fulfilling prophecy of sorts."

Identify might be too strong of a word. Or not...lol. But I certainly recognize how the world's most pressing issues probably revolve around the absence of humanity rather than its proliferation.

That we are and always will be our biggest, most challenging problem. Warts and all...

Last edited:
Everything in modern society (insert Joker meme here) is just full of pure unleaded misanthropy fuel. And ever since the pandemic it's gotten 500 times worse. I just wish humans would just stop breeding. I know they'll never get rid of their nukes, at least, not in a way that doesn't cause horrible death. They care more about what garbage a celebrity did 30 years ago than they do about climate change. They'd rather believe what some utter BS some snake oil seller posted on Facebook than listen to a real doctor telling them to vaccinate their kids. Bleach will cure your kid's autism? Yeah, likely it will cure them of everything, including that pesky addiction they seem to have of breathing.:rolleyes: Humans are just naturally selfish, arrogant, violent and hateful. They love to cause pain and suffering to anyone different from them, or blame them for "poisoning the well". Humans are trash apes. They call raccoons trash pandas, but what species of primate actually creates all that trash. Not mountain gorillas, that's for sure.

I will never feel safe in my own bed knowing that any second the planet could be nuked or destroyed because of human stupidity. I can never really enjoy anything because of the anxiety gnawing away at the back of my mind. Maybe not all humans are completely repulsive but the ones that aren't are really not much better because so far nothing they've done has made the world a better place in the past 34 years.

"I love mankind. It's people I can't stand." -- Linus Van Pelt, in 'Peanuts' by Charles Schulz

iu

The human population is poised to drop like a rock in the next generation. Alleviating many of the issues humanity
caused. maybe we will have a new equilibrium. Sort of like a predator prey balance.

"Betrayed and wronged in everything, I’ll flee this bitter world where vice is king, and seek some spot unpeopled and apart where I’ll be free to have an honest heart." -- Jean-Baptiste Poquelin, a.k.a., Molière, in The Misanthrope

↑ Makes perfect sense to me.

Humans may have some good, but they're mostly evil. That's why it's so insanely hard to teach your kids right from wrong. All the "good" things are boring and lame while all the "bad" things are fun and cool. Most people find the villains in movies more relatable even when they're cold-blooded murderers. And then there's the recent increase of reported hate crimes all over the world because of the Israel Hamas war. The news folks act like this is an incredibly shocking thing for some reason. What, did they think the war was going to increase loving and caring among people?? Human are just naturally sadistic and even masochistic, and I see no difference between them and a tribe of baboons where the older males are constantly bullying the young males and r*ping the females.

Speaking of which, monkeys must be one of the most surprisingly hated animals because they're too similar to humans, on YouTube alone there are many really horrible videos of monkeys being tortured and killed and people in the comments love it, some of them have said that they love other animals and would never hurt them, but not monkeys which they love to see suffering, especially the babies. Monkeys trigger some Uncanny Valley thing in humans that other non-human creatures don't, so go figure. And then there are the animal "rescue" videos which YouTube has no problems at all but will delete a video for use of the word S-E-X. Humans are scum.

New Threads

Top Bottom