• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Medication experiences

Psychiatrists are MDs and are definitely adequately trained to prescribed beta blockers. It is very important that they know all the medications you are on, however and if you have a complex health picture, be able to communicate with your general practitioner as necessary.

If you are being prescribed a beta blocker for psychiatric purposes, a PCP or cardiologist isn't going to be familiar with appropriate dosing for that purpose.

I take Seroquel for my anxiety Thesaurusrex. I've never had a problem with. It's helped me with my anxiety. I take mine before I go to bed & it helps me sleep better. The only thing I notice is it's a little hard to wake up at first, but not too bad.
Same here. I just recently went back on seroquel. I was on a crazy cocktail of medications in childhood and as a teen, and this was not at all helpful for me, but seroquel alone is fine. It helps me sleep without clockwatching or pacing, although I still do to some extent. It's softened my anxiety a lot and helped me figure out how to get food down in public places, which was becoming an issue because a few stupid young men decided to "stalk" me at my last university and I developed what borders on an eating disorder trying to avoid them. :/
The only problem with seroquel imo is if you take it in the morning it's quite sedating. It also gives me the munchies, so I've had to get rid of everything that isn't healthy...otherwise I can easily reason eating endlessly at 1am if I do happen to wake up. LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom