• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bowdenc

Hi My name is Chanelle and I am an autistic adult. I was diagnosed with ASD (high functioning/Asperger’s) in 2017 and I am 48 years old. I have been in and out of mental health support since I was about 19. I love with my male partner and two younger teenage daughters. I am wondering about starting a comedy blog, or a blog about my life story or trying stand up comedy, or some kind of YouTube or tick-tock channel, but I don’t know how to do it or where to start.
I take sertraline SSRI antidepressants and am based in the UK. I have a part-time job at quite an esteemed institution.

I have got a history of obsessions (with people, celebrities & people I know), so I came off social networking in 2021. I had a psychotic episode in 2020 during the pandemic and nearly split up with my partner and i was a bit suicidal during the first lockdown but I somehow survived the whole thing. I really struggled with the pandemic and I have lots of issues surrounding my parents.

I am very difficult to live with and often have meltdowns and have trouble with money and I can be very controlling. I find the effect I have on people quite disturbing. If anyone has any help or suggestions please let me know.

I have thought of paying for counselling but I don’t know how to find someone that could help me. I’ve had a lot of trouble trying to get help from the nhs in the past but I have had some good counselling from other sources.

Thanks and best wishes to all,

Chanelle

Hi and welcome. This forum is a fantastic place to find support and advice, there's a lot of us here with many similar issues and being able to talk to people without feeling like you're some sort of weirdo really helps.

1692458089824.png

Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here. Let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

Hi My name is Chanelle and I am an autistic adult. I was diagnosed with ASD (high functioning/Asperger’s) in 2017 and I am 48 years old. I have been in and out of mental health support since I was about 19. I love with my male partner and two younger teenage daughters. I am wondering about starting a comedy blog, or a blog about my life story or trying stand up comedy, or some kind of YouTube or tick-tock channel, but I don’t know how to do it or where to start.
I take sertraline SSRI antidepressants and am based in the UK. I have a part-time job at quite an esteemed institution.

I have got a history of obsessions (with people, celebrities & people I know), so I came off social networking in 2021. I had a psychotic episode in 2020 during the pandemic and nearly split up with my partner and i was a bit suicidal during the first lockdown but I somehow survived the whole thing. I really struggled with the pandemic and I have lots of issues surrounding my parents.

I am very difficult to live with and often have meltdowns and have trouble with money and I can be very controlling. I find the effect I have on people quite disturbing. If anyone has any help or suggestions please let me know.

I have thought of paying for counselling but I don’t know how to find someone that could help me. I’ve had a lot of trouble trying to get help from the nhs in the past but I have had some good counselling from other sources.

Thanks and best wishes to all,

Chanelle
I'll be more than happy to read it.
it seems you're a creative.

New Threads

Top Bottom