• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Maths graduates sought for Cambridge research study

Aeolienne

Cambridge University's Autism Research Centre is conducting a study in order to identify changes in the human DNA which contribute to autism and/or mathematical ability. This research project aims to understand whether individuals diagnosed with autism have specific variations in their genes that contribute to both autism and mathematical ability.

Who can take part?

Anyone who is pursuing or has obtained a degree in mathematical sciences, theoretical physics, statistics, computational sciences or other mathematically related subjects from specific universities is eligible to participate. We are looking for people who have a clinical diagnosis of autism. We are also looking for individuals with a maths background as described above but with no diagnosis of autism or immediate family history of autism. This group of participants is important to make genetic comparisons.

More information

Do you have permission from the admin to post this here? Sound to me like like an invasion of privacy asking someone for their DNA. What makes you think that autistic people are math geniuses? SERIOUSLY! STOP TREATING US LIKE A BUNCH OF GUINEA PIGS! I'm sick of this! If you don't have anything to offer that is a benefit to the autistic community then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!

What FreeDiver said; I'm not a Math graduate but even if I was this does sound invasive and not something I'd take part in.

New Threads

Top Bottom