• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Market Research Questionnaire

Hi all. My name is Ash, and I'm a PhD Student in Marketing in the USA. A couple days ago I posted a thread asking if I could interview some of you for my research on Skype and I would give you a $20 Amazon gift card at the end of the interview. My attempt was not well received, and that's ok. I'm sorry for coming across as entitled.

I got advice from some of you saying that I should administer a questionnaire to bypass the extreme introversion associated with this audience. I consulted my professor that if it was ok for me to administer a questionnaire instead of an interview; he was fine with it. However, I've changed the reward. I will message you a $10 Amazon Gift Card Code, but I ask that you confirm on this thread that I sent you the code as a way of ensuring others that I am honoring my end of the bargain.

Only the first five respondents will receive $10 Gift Cards. After the first five posts, I will no longer administer rewards. If you still want to participate as a way of facilitating my research, that would be much appreciated. You can go ahead and post your response here, or send it in a message.

After I receive your responses, I will go ahead and message you the code for the gift card, but please just confirm on here that I met my end of the bargain. Below is the questionnaire. Thanks.

1. What is your name? (Please choose a pseudonym)

2. How old are you? (Must be over 18+)

3. What do you do for a living?

4. When were you first diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome?

5. Do you experience sensory issues inside and outside of home?

6. How do you like to shop (e.g. online or at the store)?

7. Can you recall some stories of shopping with your parents or family members as a child?

8. Do you ever experience panic or anxiety in marketplaces?

9. When shopping for clothing or other products, do you shop for products that make you feel comfortable or that provide utility as opposed to products that are trending?

10. How do you feel about interacting with employees or other consumers at a store?

Ash,try to help me here.
*You are asking the members of this forum to help you with a research project for an un-named university.
*Who is paying for this,and why?
*What will you gain from it?
Keep in mind that your cross section will be selected by very private individuals who may not want to give you details until they know exactly why they are giving them out.

Your cross section it a bit narrow for any accurate results.
Five aspies are all going to give you either very different answers or possibly all the same. My money is on five very different answers that will offer little to no insight.

Hi Nitro, this is for a pilot study for a consumer behavior class, hence the small sample size. I will be paying for the project myself. I attend UTRGV in Texas. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

Hi all. My name is Ash, and I'm a PhD Student in Marketing in the USA. A couple days ago I posted a thread asking if I could interview some of you for my research on Skype and I would give you a $20 Amazon gift card at the end of the interview. My attempt was not well received, and that's ok. I'm sorry for coming across as entitled.

I got advice from some of you saying that I should administer a questionnaire to bypass the extreme introversion associated with this audience. I consulted my professor that if it was ok for me to administer a questionnaire instead of an interview; he was fine with it. However, I've changed the reward. I will message you a $10 Amazon Gift Card Code, but I ask that you confirm on this thread that I sent you the code as a way of ensuring others that I am honoring my end of the bargain.

Only the first five respondents will receive $10 Gift Cards. After the first five posts, I will no longer administer rewards. If you still want to participate as a way of facilitating my research, that would be much appreciated. You can go ahead and post your response here, or send it in a message.

After I receive your responses, I will go ahead and message you the code for the gift card, but please just confirm on here that I met my end of the bargain. Below is the questionnaire. Thanks.

7. Can you recall some stories of shopping with your parents or family members as a child?

9. When shopping for clothing or other products, do you shop for products that make you feel comfortable or that provide utility as opposed to products that are trending?

10. How do you feel about interacting with employees or other consumers at a store?
Hello there,
I wish you the best of luck with your research.
I would love to help you out, so I will pm you my answers in the morning as I am too sleepy at the moment.
However, I don't want any compensation, your questionnaire is short enough to not be a burden and certainly is not too intrusive.
I have no problem putting in a few minutes to help out a fellow human being, God knows I waste a LOT of minutes a day, at least this would be productive in some way.

@AspergersInterviews

Probably could have done this cheaper on mTurk [Amazon]
using Survey Monkey or whatever.

The going price for lab rats there ranges from 45 cents to
a dollar a study, with the occasional researcher offering as
much as $5.00 for an involved piece.

@AspergersInterviews

Probably could have done this cheaper on mTurk [Amazon]
using Survey Monkey or whatever.

The going price for lab rats there ranges from 45 cents to
a dollar a study, with the occasional researcher offering as
much as $5.00 for an involved piece.

Agreed! ....Lab rat #114.

couldn't figure out how to pm so here goes-
1. What is your name? (Please choose a pseudonym) A=abby normal ;)
2. How old are you? (Must be over 18+) A=between 18 and 80.
3. What do you do for a living? A=unemployed.
4. When were you first diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome? A=age 42
5. Do you experience sensory issues inside and outside of home? A= yes
6. How do you like to shop (e.g. online or at the store)? A=either
A= my [late] mother told me that when i was a little kid, whenever we went to a department store for any reason [back in the 1960s and 70s] i would make a beeline for where they had the organs and audio equipment and music.
8. Do you ever experience panic or anxiety in marketplaces? A= not that i can remember.
9. When shopping for clothing or other products, do you shop for products that make you feel comfortable or that provide utility as opposed to products that are trending? A=utility.
10. How do you feel about interacting with employees or other consumers at a store? A=necessary task, they're human also, so i try to get on their good side.

A= my [late] mother told me that when i was a little kid, whenever we went to a department store for any reason [back in the 1960s and 70s] i would make a beeline for where they had the organs and audio equipment and music.
8. Do you ever experience panic or anxiety in marketplaces? A= not that i can remember.
9. When shopping for clothing or other products, do you shop for products that make you feel comfortable or that provide utility as opposed to products that are trending? A=utility.
10. How do you feel about interacting with employees or other consumers at a store? A=necessary task, they're human also, so i try to get on their good side.
To pm, click on the picture of the member and then 'start a conversation' on that window.

Hi, can you please PM me an explanation of the sensory issues you experience in marketplaces? And then I will send you the gift code.

Hi, can you please PM me an explanation of the sensory issues you experience in marketplaces? And then I will send you the gift code.
I am a bit claustrophobic, I don't like being crowded in or cornered, I gotta escape at those times. I don't like bright places, I gotta wear my ever-present raybans therein or anytime i'm outdoors in daylight. sounds that are harsh, even at low volume, I gotta close my ears to. powertools are in that category. at the local state fair, is usually a troupe of Andean ethnic musicians and their drums really get on my nerves after a short while.

1. What is your name? (Please choose a pseudonym) Jim

2. How old are you? (Must be over 18+) 47

3. What do you do for a living? Run my own carpet and upholstery cleaning business

4. When were you first diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome? age 44 self diagnosed but sure of it

5. Do you experience sensory issues inside and outside of home? Loud noises scare the **** out of me

6. How do you like to shop (e.g. online or at the store)? Store, instant gratification

7. Can you recall some stories of shopping with your parents or family members as a child? Mom used to spend hours shopping in womens clothes stores and me and my sister drove the clerks nuts. Also spent countless hours with my mom at makeup counters, It was torture.

8. Do you ever experience panic or anxiety in marketplaces? Not since I figured out eating MSG was giving me extreme anxiety

9. When shopping for clothing or other products, do you shop for products that make you feel comfortable or that provide utility as opposed to products that are trending? Comfort and utility definitely

10. How do you feel about interacting with employees or other consumers at a store? I love talking to people. I'm really quite shy but I enjoy people. I've had 47 years of practice acting normal.

No need for compensation. Aspies love to talk about themselves. Have a great day!

My nme is Amanda. I am 33. I am recently self diagnosed. I am working towards counciling now. I hate to shop for anything other than electronics. I like gadgets. I shop at Best buy mostly and not ever when it is crowded. I don't like a lot of people. I am actually a cashier at a truck stop. I am okay behind a counter but do not do well when people are close to me. I don't like to be touched. Recently I have discovered more online shopping places, but i am fighting becoming a shut in so i make myself go to places like Walmart.

Oh i also much prefer to be left alone unless i have a question and require assistance. Please do not send me anything either. I am happy to help.

Top Bottom