• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I’m going to start an account on Zazzle to make and produce merchandise for Claritas. (I should have done that a long time ago but kept delaying) Any advice? Should I use may main email attached to my PayPal account, or my Claritas email account?

I would suggest using the Claritas email account.

Also, this is likely going to be better promoted among the Catholic community at large. The Catholic community is surprisingly uninformed about the condition of autistic folk. Consider a brief fictional scenario: Autism is just something that Mrs. Bernadette Morechilde, homeschooling mom of eight, posts about on the Internet detailing her heroic struggle with bringing up John-Paul Mary Robert Maximilian Hapsburg Morechilde, her youngest. Young J.P. eats worms like a robin-redbreast when her back is turned, & is permitted to drink out of the horse trough to protect his immune system, he's not allowed to get vaccinated for anything lest he get double-barreled autism or something and develop a Reddit account. We're not sure how he got his autism but they're tuned into the high strangeness of Catholic radio to find out.

The Morechildes, who live on a smallholding in Ohio, have not interacted with modern understandings of autism as the local library presents it with old books of the Lovaas era. Yet in between discussing flowerbeds and screeching about the latest issue of The Wanderer, these worthies of St. Bellicose parish end up going to a conference.

At the conference somehow they run across a Claritas pamphlet. It's well-written. It's orthodox, and logical, and--what's more--it's from outside the bubble.

Instead of seeming like a specifically online autistic movement, because the Internet (to the Morechildes) is for Tumblr and Greta Thunberg, this seems like something tailored to them from within a Catholic community. And so they start getting curious. They can't place where it's coming from, can't toss it aside as coming from a group of outsiders. So it actually gets read.

Sorry to offend any of the homeschool Catholic lifestyle but I feel like, having survived that upbringing, I can make fun of it. But yes it is like that; you get people locked into their own little thing & if Claritas is online-only, then sorry, you're just another 'online SJW' to these people. Talking about mental illnesses and neurodivergence to much of the modern-day Catholic community will be an uphill battle of deradicalization. The usual NT reluctance to understand that we can't "snap out of it" is joined with a dogmatic view that weighs everything by its moral culpabilty or lack thereof.

Been there, done that, got the hair-shirt (lol)

The Catholic of today is easily conditioned to view education and intellectual pursuits as dangerous, heterodox, "liberal" and evil. You have to come from within, yet not play ignorant to fit in.

I only say this because I believe you can. Otherwise, if I didn't believe you were capable, I'd ignore the whole thing.

Hi, long-time no-see.

Okay, I’ll get to work on it hopefully tonight.

Say, are you interested in looking at comic I’m working on? The storyline does bear a tad bit of a resemblance to what you described in your post here; maybe you can give some advice and the like. Please DM me and I’ll share with you what I’ve got, I also have a thread posted on here that describes more of how it developed and the like.

Hi, long-time no-see.

Okay, I’ll get to work on it hopefully tonight.

Say, are you interested in looking at comic I’m working on? The storyline does bear a tad bit of a resemblance to what you described in your post here; maybe you can give some advice and the like. Please DM me and I’ll share with you what I’ve got, I also have a thread posted on here that describes more of how it developed and the like.
Help writing an Autistic Comic series

Hello neighbor--

Sorry haven't been able to get involved in the long list of things you've come up with as of late. You've been working hard on some interesting goals.

The ultra-Catholic insular bubble isn't healthy and I personally have been waiting on its end. It does more to make atheists than powdering up the works of Karl Marx and snorting a line of pure communism.

I'll catch up shortly as I'm currently running behind in college. Living in the ghetto basically wiped out the last wits I had, and I'm trying to move house currently and catch back up.

New Threads

Top Bottom