• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mad scientist

I'd tell him to get over himself. And then push him into a pool or fountain for good measure. Make sure you say something like 'Into the drink Einstein' when you do it.

Sry for the late reply, been out all day.

TBH I don't think there's a correct way to deal with this when he goes on tangent. Will try mixing a few thing that have been said.

1) I don't want to talk about complex things all the time can we change the subject or try writing out a song, get a brew or someting ?

2) Ok well I'm not the best person to ask about this. Put together a paper and go from there.

"Sorry, once you mentioned string theory, I tuned everything out. Is there something else interesting you would like to talk about."

It doesn't resonate with me
Sorry I found an opening and went for it - bad joke

Anyway thank you for popping in and sharing your thoughts. Think I can close this Thread unless reassons ?

@Tom
Sorry Tom you crept in at the last moment.
Alot of people seem to tell him that. Last time someone told him he's not a scientific jesus. He's not a bad guy he just get has moments.

Last edited:
If he is a good friend then, I would approach him about the problem in a friend to friend way. Sometimes that actually works, though he might not have a good reaction at first.

@Tom

It would be better to be direct and you're right it's how he takes it. often he will say I don't understand or I'm jealous as a defence. I've read a few time it's often not worth trying to argue with a delusion.

"...it's often not worth trying to argue with a delusion."

I agree with that.
Particularly if the delusion is in the range of messiah complex:
*I have solved the mystery of the Universe...*
*God doesn't know what to do and is frightened, so I must help him...*

I knew a person like that.
And things went along much better when there was no support
toward that way of thinking.

No attacks on it, but no catering to it.

I seen him today.

Told him about getting away from just thinking so we decided to build a mini metal forge (melt things)
we also have a challange to build something in a month, don't think it will happen tho .

I said start with something small - He wanted to build a mini rocket :laughing:

I'd build a battery ? Batterys are cool, or a catapult. laws on this ? :yum:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom